Have you lost your Poker Game?

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also believe that as we learn new information about poker our game changes a lot.
[emoji851][emoji432]

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is obvious that poker is a game of luck, imagine, besides having to wait for two good cards, we should have the luck of the board to collaborate. Without such luck until the AA can easily lose by an AJs. Patience, luck, persistence are some of the values ​​a good player must have.

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
many times, not so good with playing big stacks I just lose my poker game, maybe I feel too confident ? might be so.....but I always do this, don't know why lol

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing poker is very simple. Always make decisions that are EV+ :D

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I felt my poker game has changed since the beginning. I used to be passive and loose which resulted in too many hands played but did not know what to do when not making a hand. Now more tight aggressive but with more bad beats. I felt that I made appropriate adjustments but I end up losing anyway.

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've lost mine.
I don't think I've made many changes but I've changed where I play.
I'm getting horrible results where I play now

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ive had a bad downswing after a couple early cashes in SCOOP then played crazy as tilt I suppose. Im trying to get leveled back out before my bankroll is beyond repair.
Im going to back up on my studying and go back over some subjects I was doing well with before the downswing. Then Ill redo all my last subjects once Im back on track.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
When new ideas are discovered that will improve your game you have to make adjustments, but these need to be gradual.
The biggest mistake is to think this one new idea means you have the key.
You use new ideas to build on what you already know.
If your are losing focus I cannot recommend highly enough, anything written by Tommy Angelo.
His Waiting For Straighters is free and it will take a way your Cgame.

F

FOLDNOTMUCH

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was just wondering if anyone else has changed their game too much. I have been doing a lot of studying lately and it feels like my game has been lost. Maybe I made many changes to fast because I seem to be playing worse. I did see some improvements at first and then I thought I needed to change my entire game. :eek:
when i just started i played very aggressive and never mix it or anything ,but now i play with more with 'think it out' and i bluff more:flute: becouse i see it more prov this why ,i dont maybe it seem like that to just me:D

Q

Queenlimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I heard somebody hear on Cardschat comment that confidence is a great personality attribute to successful play. I think it certainly plays a role in success and growth over time because without it, decision making or evaluating decisions becomes erratic.

One article I read was based on the complication of understanding how to evaluate performance.
It cited this can be very difficult without data sets. Yet, even with data sets, interpretation often goes without opponent tendencies and other various table elements. Further complicated by variance, coolers, bad beats and hindsight biases.

Having a strategy and defined process for decision making is critical. Perhaps even writing it out. By having these two elements, a person can investigate a particular area of play, better interpret data, recall mistakes and lessons better, integrate concepts and ask intelligent questions which they can seek answers for.

Joco413

Joco413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unlucky games and losses are normal. Don't change up your game drastically because of that unless of course you never won before.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Recently I started to play much better. This is evidenced by the growth of my bankroll. I began to make more deliberate decisions and analyze my own mistakes.

K

kingofnaps

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try changing one thing at a time, otherwise it becomes very difficult to keep track of things because you are being bombarded with new situations.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I find that when I spend too much time studying, my game is negatively affected for a period of time. I think this is because I'm trying to implement too much into my game at the same time and find myself double and triple guessing myself and wind up in some really weird spots. Studying for short periods (maybe a couple of hours) on one specific aspect and then implementing that is much more beneficial to me than cramming for days and then trying to change a dozen things.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had to revamp my game a few times. First I was loose passive. Then after balk of my play style was tight aggressive. Now I am a hybrid of TAG and small ball. Since players are extremely loose I had to change my gameplay according the players.

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I have my game lost since regulation, anyway I won money with my broken game but it's never the same

Z

zokiusa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:)

I lost many times with A2 A3 A4 A5 so i really hate play this cards

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was just wondering if anyone else has changed their game too much. I have been doing a lot of studying lately and it feels like my game has been lost. Maybe I made many changes to fast because I seem to be playing worse. I did see some improvements at first and then I thought I needed to change my entire game. :eek:

I've had this happen many times when I do too much studying, not enough playing, and forget what works in real life because I get lost in theory.

This is why many pros advocate at most a 50/50 study to play ratio.

You'll probably find when you get back to playing for an extended period and take a break from all the studying that things make sense and you remember what works.

Your understanding of the game is worth a lot, and it's important to value what you've built up over the years. Always be wary of throwing away your solid fundamentals THAT YOU KNOW WORK WELL for the hottest rage or newest trend in theory.

Hope that helps, good luck and happy stackin champ!

W

wittless

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
lost my game

yes,

i feel that i have lost my game, also playing online doesnt help. you have the wide swings. i swear i have had full house beat by quads int he last 6 online tourneys that we played in....

W

wittless

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
reading books

i just dug through the garage and digging out my books and notes from when i worked with a coach... forgot how much i forgot!!!

G

Gelidmind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think your game always should change as poker changes. It can be confusing at times because you don't play as well when trying new things and it tough because money is involved. I think it's good to not stay stagnant and be lineal in your play. Down swings are going to happen, but you just have to keep your composure and regroup as best as you can. I've been learning some new things lately myself and it's frustrating when things don't work out how you'd like so I totally understand. Keep on studying and implementing as best as you can. Hoping things get better for you.

V

Vinnielfc

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I also lost my last game, not overly keen playing online but has to be done.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that is what poker is all about, changing your game to maximize your winnings. Adapt and conquer.

ssory83

ssory83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

What can I say .... I think a certain type of game depends on the players we meet at the game table. To be honest: I change my style of play depending on the players I'm at the table with ... depending on how they play ... I'm trying to adapt.

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

P

pes85

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Strategy change

I always change strategy play because the player can know what i do next