The Guide to Pre-Flop (Day 6 Course Discussion)

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great job Katie for explaining the concept of Pre-flop strategy and the factors we need to consider before getting involve with the hand on play.

Thanks for explaining about effective stacks.

Thanks very much for your kind words :)

T

Tylerstevenson1919

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great job on explaining the ore flop !! I’ll use the information I got thank you !!

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The situation is important! What will allow us to make the best decisions before the flop is the assessment of the strength of our starting hand in relation to our opponent's variation.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yes, this is a vital step for moving to the remaining streets with good results, or deciding not to move at all, which saves the bankroll for better hands!:driver:

H

hanio75

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, I am increasingly interested in learning. I usually play pre flop and try to pay attention to my range by position and bet 3x BB + the limmpers. If the board connects or if there are possibilities to improve the hand, I apply a bet 1/2 pot per value. If I don't get it right and the board is disconnected and the villain is weak I apply 3 barrels in order to take the pot. If I'm doing it wrong let me know so I can improve. Thanks

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
in the pre-flop you must make a decision because it will influence you a lot in the rest of the game so you must make the right decision if you don't risk losing your chips.
I'm learning a lot with this course

gabrielcsgo93

gabrielcsgo93

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
be agressive in the pre-flop is a good start to win the hand without count with the lucky!

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

If they were so kind, could someone pass me the thread or link to see the video or videos of these preflop classes, please, they would help me a lot in my plays, since even with very good hands such as double AA or double KK or AK of a stick I he gets to win a bad beats, and I know what they will say but it is not the time to play aggressive but no matter how normal or aggressive he plays I don't know if it is my bad luck or that but always not just once he always wins me a bad beat

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

If they were so kind, could someone pass me the thread or link to see the video or videos of these preflop classes, please, they would help me a lot in my plays, since even with very good hands such as double AA or double KK or AK of a stick I he gets to win a bad beats, and I know what they will say but it is not the time to play aggressive but no matter how normal or aggressive he plays I don't know if it is my bad luck or that but always not just once he always wins me a bad beat

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

Sure!

Here is the link:

https://www.cardschat.com/become-a-winning-poker-player/day-6/

BigDice75

BigDice75

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a question. I thought that 65s+ (for example) range is suited connectors only. So Katie told in the video. But in the book there is a note about 54s+ range and it consists of not only connectors but 75s , 94s as well. So the question is - how to define this range right? 54s+ is connectors only or all the suited hands higher than 54s? Or maybe it's not so important thing we should know exactly.

The same question arose to me about range 54s +!

BigDice75

BigDice75

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Two of the things I have learned on Day 6 are: that preflop is the most important street and that KQ of hearts is the most prettiest combo of KQs.:)
As for the question about the effective stack, I answered it correctly: the effective stack in this case is that of MP with 78 bbs, which is second after ours.
On what to do with 22, A6o and KQs (hearts of course) in this scenario, with 22 I would call for the set, fold A6o, and with KQs I have the doubt between calling and reraising.

See you on day 7!

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Two of the things I have learned on Day 6 are: that preflop is the most important street and that KQ of hearts is the most prettiest combo of KQs.:)
As for the question about the effective stack, I answered it correctly: the effective stack in this case is that of MP with 78 bbs, which is second after ours.
On what to do with 22, A6o and KQs (hearts of course) in this scenario, with 22 I would call for the set, fold A6o, and with KQs I have the doubt between calling and reraising.

See you on day 7!

Haha—so glad to hear you agree about KQ of hearts being the prettiest KQ combo! :D

Sounds like you’re doing an awesome job working your way through the course—way to go!

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
excellent video and great information on day 6, it helped me a lot to understand every move made for each type of player especially for preflop

U

userme4321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The guide to pre-flop in the book has a wider range then I usually play, I'm going to take reference. Day 6 reveals to me aggressive betting, it explain to me why people bet like they do and that I need to be more aggressive at every opportunity. Working on it. Thank you

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
excellent video and great information on day 6, it helped me a lot to understand every move made for each type of player especially for preflop

That’s great to hear, glad it helped you! :)

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The guide to pre-flop in the book has a wider range then I usually play, I'm going to take reference. Day 6 reveals to me aggressive betting, it explain to me why people bet like they do and that I need to be more aggressive at every opportunity. Working on it. Thank you

Happy to hear that you have taken a lot from this section, way to go! :)

C

CMack3

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Day 6 Pre flop play

Another great chapter. Thank you!
“In Hold’em you’ll play pre-flop every single hand of poker you’re dealt.” A very deep concept explained simply. I will always think of this as I see this as where the majority of money is made and lost at beginner to even good player level. Hopefully, one day I can comment on the pro level :rolleyes:. I am not playing real money yet and plan on doing so after the course. I will definitely rely on your pre-flop ranges, looking at the effective stack at every hand I intend to get involved with. Great stuff!

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Another great chapter. Thank you!
“In Hold’em you’ll play pre-flop every single hand of poker you’re dealt.” A very deep concept explained simply. I will always think of this as I see this as where the majority of money is made and lost at beginner to even good player level. Hopefully, one day I can comment on the pro level :rolleyes:. I am not playing real money yet and plan on doing so after the course. I will definitely rely on your pre-flop ranges, looking at the effective stack at every hand I intend to get involved with. Great stuff!

So glad to hear this, CMack—thanks so much for your kind words and I’m so glad that you’re finding the course to be helpful :)

Good Man

Good Man

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Another plus in the piggy Bank of useful lessons! About the ideal in this case, I would answer the stack with MP c 78 b.
As for the 22, I would fold, since the probability of getting a set is not so high, and if there are two pairs higher than mine in the flop, then my 22 will simply be worthless, but there is a downside, if I had a lot of blinds, I would see a flop.
With A6o, I would probably see a flop, but in Js, I would raise.
Good day!! See you in the next lessons.:top:

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all!

Good video to think a little and review, reaffirm concepts. Happy and pleasant the voice of the woman who made the video!

GL

:qc4::qh4: Queens of Naturalesa and life

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very interesting

A thing that a like to consider is the seriously associated with that game, and the speed of the game, because it's very commom for me that those two things is very associated with the way you gonna read the pre-flop plays of the table. In a fast game, people will tend to risk more flops, and in slow ones there is more time to play with calm and chosing better the hands you find nice to pay for the flop.