Chips
Thats unlucky but it is going to occasionally happen

A

Apollyon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Obvious fold... Everyone folds the nuts every now and then, but that doesn't mean you should play every hand, "just in case".
Exactly ! :cool: The times, that I've thrown away an unsuited 3-J and the flop went 3-J-J, I can not count.

I like to get to the flop, but when I have to pay nearly all my 'poenties' to see if there will be a nice flop is insane. I won't even pay any, if I don't feel like calling 'a fish' at that moment. As that's what it is; looking for that lucky strike is fishing.

I sometimes did and struck gold; an all-in call with 2-6 suited became a full-house, as example. But trust me, I won't call all-in's usually with these cards. Topicstarter shouldn't worry and just keep folding as much as possible :D Only play, when you feel, you will make a fair chance. Or when you are low stacked ... or you obviously know, the other guy is bluffing ;)

'What is a good hand ?' - Suited with some connection to a straight. Naturally, the higher, the better. My favourite is J-K suited. I fold aces ... :p

S

sd great 1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's a horiible play, but a play seen way too often online. Just as bad, Yesterday a guy was all in with 5-3 off against pocket nines ,

even stacks at the biginning of the hand. $30-3 buy-in

flop = 5 7 3
turn = 5
river = 5

Of course he probalbly thought he was God's gift to the poker world right then and there. Of course he was out within 10 more hands.

So keep playing your 7-2 off just remember to reach for your wallet so you can reload your account balance.

pokerAce71

pokerAce71

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I had these one time :)
I got reraised preflop i called another player after me goes all in the dude who raised the first time reraise all in and i thought they have AA or KK i had 10 10 witch i folded ...
Here is what the flop was ^_^
FoldQuads.jpg

What position were you in? Chip stack size? Sometimes there things make all the difference.

hipshot55

hipshot55

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
lol gotta love the idea of the 7 2 offsuit argument post

Doyle would win a tournament with it probably, if you wanna be like doyle I say play it just for the chance of memorable moments, you might just end up winning a bracelet or a couple hundred thousand off that hand one day.

Not any more. Even thought he won both of his Main Events wih 10-2, he freely admits that even he had to quit playing that loose, because everybody figured out his hyper-aggressive style, largely due to writing Super Power I.

Now, that idiot Jamie Gold might play it. The "old" Gus Hanson, maybe, but he seems to have tightened up a bit.

Was just reviewing the Main Event winners (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Series_of_Poker#Main_Event_results) and the closest I can find is Joe Hachem with 73o in 2005.

The ONLY time you will ever see me with 72o or 72s is in the BB with no raises.

pitter22

pitter22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The real scary thing about the OP is the fact that he said he has a decent sized stack so he is willing to see a flop cheap. Get this thought out of your mind. This is where we want to be the tightest out of any level. Play only premium hands... AK AQ 1010+. You may have to switch this style up of course after a level or two if this is a turbo or a single table where a couple people have been knocked out.

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The title of your thread is the answer to your question. You can never fold 4 of a kind preflop, because you can never have a 4 of a kind preflop. You can only fold what you have at the time you fold. You folded 7 2, not quad 7's. When you called with 7 2 you said to your opponents, "I don't have a hand, I think I'll throw some chips in the pot and hope you don't bet" They responded and you got out. It really does not concern you after that. That is how donks are created. They think that they lost a hand by not anticipating the near impossible. I would have said: " I missed out on a miracle which will never happen again, so I will never call with that garbage again."

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Exactly ! :cool: The times, that I've thrown away an unsuited 3-J and the flop went 3-J-J, I can not count.

I like to get to the flop, but when I have to pay nearly all my 'poenties' to see if there will be a nice flop is insane. I won't even pay any, if I don't feel like calling 'a fish' at that moment. As that's what it is; looking for that lucky strike is fishing.

I sometimes did and struck gold; an all-in call with 2-6 suited became a full-house, as example. But trust me, I won't call all-in's usually with these cards. Topicstarter shouldn't worry and just keep folding as much as possible :D Only play, when you feel, you will make a fair chance. Or when you are low stacked ... or you obviously know, the other guy is bluffing ;)

'What is a good hand ?' - Suited with some connection to a straight. Naturally, the higher, the better. My favourite is J-K suited. I fold aces ... :p

Called an all in with 2 6 suited??? Call when you have a good feeling???

J

jtberrym

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course

you made thr right move. If you have to ask that question to a forum then I would suggest reading some books on strategy. You made the right move so maybe you don't but I think it is a silly post. Who could predict that trip deuces would come on the flop?? LOL....nice table you are playing at that a guy goes all in with K 10 too...wow.

Folding in Poker