Folding 4 of a kind pre-flop

R

Rev50n25

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When you had to make the call you were behind. . . . a 2 7 to his k 10 so even though you didn't win the hand for not calling you made the right decision at the time, . . . and i would agree with a couple of others who said 27 offsuit is the worst starting hand in holdem,.... would have saved the $20 myself but its a varied game with too many playing styles to say do or don't so just enjoy :)

G

glworden

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No you played it horribly, personally I would of raised 4xBB to warn off mediocre hands, and then when they came over the top I would of Instacalled.

You know, the guy is looking for serious feedback. This is probably humor, but it's not readily apparent, so why add to the confusion?

And if you're serious, that's even worse. If this is your true opinion, you really do the poker community a disservice by dispensing any advice at all.

I like to joke, too, but maybe there's a little too much of that on here. We bluff each other during the game, we shouldn't be bluffing with our advice. This beginner stuck his neck out looking for honest advice and it could very well be he can't differentiate the sincere advice from the jokes. I'm not sure I can either. Wilko, please respond and tell us you are joking. If you are not joking, either give up poker immediately or come and play at my table.
GW

left52side

left52side

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
See even with a decent chip stack i would never have called even 20 with a 7/2.
It sucks when you see a flop like that,but i try not to let it get to me when i flop something like that.
Just know you made the right move by folding.
But you should have folded before you even put in even 20.

R

reb0202

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
come on now!!??

Of course you did the right thing what are the chances of that happening?? like a million to one?? 7/2 is the worst hand in poker and on line I have seen it work if you are a huge chip stack over everyone else then you can afford to take a chance every once in a while and if it hits it hits big and when it don't you have no shot at all ya know..

W

Wilko89911

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You know, the guy is looking for serious feedback. This is probably humor, but it's not readily apparent, so why add to the confusion?

And if you're serious, that's even worse. If this is your true opinion, you really do the poker community a disservice by dispensing any advice at all.

I like to joke, too, but maybe there's a little too much of that on here. We bluff each other during the game, we shouldn't be bluffing with our advice. This beginner stuck his neck out looking for honest advice and it could very well be he can't differentiate the sincere advice from the jokes. I'm not sure I can either. Wilko, please respond and tell us you are joking. If you are not joking, either give up poker immediately or come and play at my table.
GW

Sorry, I don't really think this is a serious question though. I mean he is asking whether or not he should call 2 all ins with 27 off, tbh I think it is a winding up.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course you did the right thing what are the chances of that happening?? like a million to one??
Well, specifically, if you're talking about having unpaired holecards and the flop being the other three of one of your hole cards, then it is:
6/50*2/49*1/48 = 0.01% (which is actually 1 out of 10k flops assuming you don't care which hole card quads up.)

Sorry, I don't really think this is a serious question though. I mean he is asking whether or not he should call 2 all ins with 27 off,
Well the fact it is posted in "Learning Poker" and he's not claiming it's somehow rigged would be the first indicators. Look beyond the cards and you see the deeper questions. First he's asking about limping with ATC simply because he has a large stack. Then he's asking about being results oriented; about whether the result flop would have justified the play of calling the all-ins with such a trash hand. And the answer to that is no and the cards are irrelevant. It could have been the same question but with K9o as the cards. Much better than 72o, but the same answers as above.

tbh I think it is a winding up.
And if this is true, then don't bother replying to such silliness in the future. Let us gullible folk make the serious replies and look stupid if it turns out to be a wind up. But intentionally posting shitty advice in the learning poker section (without any hint of it intending to be humorous) in response to something that is not clearly a rigged post and, at best, might remotely not have been a serious question by a new player is horrible. Guess what...some time today some noob in the poker world will play their very first hand of poker. There's a chance they might have a noob question....or maybe they'll just be kidding too.

Last edited:
dweezel

dweezel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep playin' 72 my friend
That flop should come around again in about 10 years.
And let me know what table you're at.
And you should call all raises too ...... you don't want to miss it just because some dweeb raised with AA

BillHall

BillHall

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gnome, this must be a fake post...

...you gotta know that 7-2 is the wrost starting hand in no-limit, right? So, this post has to be some kind of a silly come on to entice people like me to over-react and then to post a silly reply and...never mind.:eek:

C

Cobryn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The chances you will flop quads with unpaired cards: 0.01

The look on the guys face when you call the all in preflop with 2/7 off and then flop them?

Priceless.

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the bet was 20 chips then it was early in the game right? If you have a huge chip lead (would like to know how big the lead was) then putting out 20 chips is no big deal as long as no one raises behind you.

Yesterday I was in the CC freeroll and everyone folded to the SB who raised my BB by three. We were only at the 2nd or 3rd level and I had him outstacked. I had 48 and decided I wanted to see the flo; If nothing comes of it I can get out of this pretty cheap. Well a four hits on the flop as well as 2x. SB checks to me. I decide that I will place a bet and see where I stand. The SB calls. Turn comes out another 2. Check from SB again. I bet again. River comes no bet from SB. I decide to check this time and reveal that my 4 was good against his missed AK.

I was then cursed out beyond belief.

Some say "That's Poker"

P

pokerjes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i just found this sick play with 7 2 it was in the lucky penny fulltilt tourny :eek: totaly amazing anyone would think of playing this hand :rolleyes:

Dealt to suicideblonde1 [Tc Kh]
apfjr (Observer): goooo bebebebebe
TrumpAce999 has 15 seconds left to act
TrumpAce999 folds
rylflush99 folds
suicideblonde1 raises to 125
eyoraces folds
bebewins calls 125
FL4K3 folds
jtberrym folds
DobbyDizzle folds
Worp2 folds
*** FLOP *** [Ad Kc 8d]
suicideblonde1 has 15 seconds left to act
suicideblonde1 bets 225
bebewins calls 225
*** TURN *** [Ad Kc 8d] [Qh]
suicideblonde1 checks
bebewins checks
*** RIVER *** [Ad Kc 8d Qh] [Kd]
suicideblonde1 bets 528, and is all in
bebewins calls 528
*** SHOW DOWN ***
suicideblonde1 shows [Tc Kh] three of a kind, Kings
bebewins shows [2d 7d] a flush, Ace high
bebewins wins the pot (1,831) with a flush, Ace high
suicideblonde1 stands up
suicideblonde1: gg
bebewins: lol raped
apfjr (Observer): looooool
bebewins: 72 sooooted

Team_Ramrod

Team_Ramrod

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont ever want to hear of ANYONE calling an allin preflop raise w/ 27 suited or offsuit, unless you're prepared to lose. I swear internet sites will let the board hit so people who folded trash will want to play trash the next time, and will not hit then. You did good, keep on keepin' on...

P

pinaq

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As other people have mentioned, you can never have four of a kind pre-flop in Texas Hold'em; and in the games where that's possible, it's not a good hand. However, as for NLHE 7-2o is what one usually says is the worst hand. The only time you play it is when you are BB and people have limped to you.

Last edited:
R

Rammbone

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would of thrown that away preflop. You may want to look for information on good starting hands.

MissVien

MissVien

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obvious fold... Everyone folds the nuts every now and then, but that doesn't mean you should play every hand, "just in case".

L

LaChouffe_oO

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Once you fold your hand, put it out of your mind.

Yeah otherwise Poker become more a Luck game then smthg else.
So better play good poker then that u loose money if u always want to see the flop.

N

Netthug

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is pretty dumb obv, you have to factor all of the times when 27 wouldn't give you quads and then you realise folding is the best thing.

One9Design

One9Design

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What I learned from this thread is to forget the hole cards as soon as you muck them. I just have to discipline myself on PS...

B

blown1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
good fold you couldn't call with the worst hand in poker I guess thats where the expression "that's poker" comes from lol Merry Christmass!!!

T

tisias

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In case that my stack is big I'm in the BB and I have a free play and there a few other players on the pot I might consider play this hand. In that case if the flop is right i will probably go for a check raise.But there is a chance that I will fold if there is a bet and a call.

P

pokerjes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In case that my stack is big I'm in the BB and I have a free play and there a few other players on the pot I might consider play this hand. In that case if the flop is right i will probably go for a check raise.But there is a chance that I will fold if there is a bet and a call.

:eek: you would consider playing this, what site do you play on :)

did you read the 1st post

CursedSoul

CursedSoul

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had these one time :)
I got reraised preflop i called another player after me goes all in the dude who raised the first time reraise all in and i thought they have AA or KK i had 10 10 witch i folded ...
Here is what the flop was ^_^
FoldQuads.jpg

Y

young hova

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol gotta love the idea of the 7 2 offsuit argument post

Doyle would win a tournament with it probably, if you wanna be like doyle I say play it just for the chance of memorable moments, you might just end up winning a bracelet or a couple hundred thousand off that hand one day.

Folding in Poker