Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In what situations do you fold your pocket kings? If you see an ace on the flop, will you play and bet or give up and fold
Sometimes you need to fold hands like that, because when you overplay these hands in a bad runnout pos flop, you can loose a good tournament who you is playing well in just one hand. Sometimes is best you play the situation and not the cards. Ace in the flop, is one of the things what make you be careful

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In what situations do you fold your pocket kings? If you see an ace on the flop, will you play and bet or give up and fold?
If I am in position I wait for the villain's reaction. If he checks, I bet. If he bets, I call. If he is too short I go all-in.

AD_all

AD_all

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
In general, pocket kings (also known as "K-K") are a strong starting hand in Texas hold'em and are considered one of the best pairs a player can have. However, like all hands in poker, the strength of pocket kings can change depending on the specific situation and the board.
If you see an ace on the flop, it's important to consider your position, the size of the pot, the betting patterns of your opponents, and any other factors that might affect your decision. If the ace on the flop gives your opponent a higher pair or a potential straight or flush, it may be a good idea to fold your pocket kings to avoid losing a large amount of chips.
On the other hand, if the ace on the flop doesn't seem to improve your opponent's hand, you may want to consider continuing to play and betting to try to win the pot. It's always important to pay attention to the board and use your best judgment when deciding how to play your hand.
In general, it's a good idea to be cautious with pocket kings and consider folding if the board is unfavorable or if there are strong betting patterns indicating that your opponent has a strong hand. However, pocket kings can still be a strong hand in many situations, and you should always consider your options carefully before making a decision.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In what situations do you fold your pocket kings? If you see an ace on the flop, will you play and bet or give up and fold?
I fold with my KK, when I'm playing a CC freeroll, and villain goes allin, you can be sure he has a 72of and will win the hand, even more so if he's the chip leader at the table.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

V

vivili171

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hardly fold AA KK QQ JJ it will depend a lot on how the hand starts sometimes I go all in right away

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I dont mind calling or placing a min raise in this position. I am not going to risk my bankroll, not because an Ace is staring me in the face, but because my opponent my have 3 of a kind on the flop, and I am not talking about aces. So opponent may be chasing a full house while I haplessly try to defend a pair of Cowboys.

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Everything will depend on the situation. I play mostly freerolls, it often happens there. One has AK, another has A10, and the third has, say, JJ, I have KK. Everyone goes all-in, without waiting for the cards to be revealed on the table. The table folds like this AK10JJ)). And this is often.)) Although in the situation I described, even on the flop, no one would have folded their cards. Maybe if only that guy folds his JJs, but no.)))

Last edited:
Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It all depends on the situation. It depends on the structure and stage of the tournament, it depends on the position and on the opponents at the table, that is, there are many factors that need to be taken into account. In general, I am more inclined to take risks, but of course if the risk is worth it.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
If you play on pokerstars, and on the flop there is an A, and you don't have a K-set, you can fold easily.
Most people play with Ax cards, so if you bet before flop and get a call, and an A comes on flop, you can be sure, opponent has a pair with aces.
Otherwise if you are in the bubble, you can fold it more easier before flop comes.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I can and will fold kings depending on the situation and players I am against. Its also not about the ace flopping as well.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ive seen a 3 way all in before my blind of KK
it was a good fold

if im in position against the BB defending then a cbet of 33% will usually take it down
and its not just KK
I would do that with my entire range with a high frequency 100% (but frequency can vary depending on flop texture) 10 8 7 (oooopppphhhhfffffff)

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play on pokerstars, and on the flop there is an A, and you don't have a K-set, you can fold easily.
Most people play with Ax cards, so if you bet before flop and get a call, and an A comes on flop, you can be sure, opponent has a pair with aces.
Otherwise if you are in the bubble, you can fold it more easier before flop comes.
if they are GTO playing then that logic will ruin you

You are gonna give them credit for any ace and they are gonna capitalize on fold equity with most of their range
and they are gonna have kj q9 and if you are defending with a lower kicker from the blinds lol you are fish food EV

You need to categorize your opponents and play them accordingly
I like min check raising or floating the flop
with a small frequency of turning it into a bluff depending on the turn and river cards and my opponents bet or shutdown on the turn
but im crazy

crazy like a fox

Folding in Poker