neptunas888

neptunas888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In what situations do you fold your pocket kings? If you see an ace on the flop, will you play and bet or give up and fold?

N

NotADonk

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In what situations do you fold your pocket kings? If you see an ace on the flop, will you play and bet or give up and fold?
I will try a small bet to see if they fold their QQ JJ TT etc but if any serious action KK is an easy fold for me with A on board.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
There's only one situation for that - never

P

PointedTip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I admit it.... it is very hard to fold KK. If an A is on the board, I continue cautiously....

Luka22guro

Luka22guro

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that it is almost impossible to fold KK preflop, but when the flop is seen, it is quite possible to fold AA

H

hishshy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have folded pocket KK after I see an Ace on the flop

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it would depend of what level of the tournament and my reading of my opponent, but if comes an ace on the flop I can easily fold a KK. Fold KK pre flop is more difficult though.

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
KK has bit me by not folding a number of times. Unfortunately I haven’t learned my lesson and can’t walk away from playing it!

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
kings are very difficult to discard if the stakes were weak before the flop, and even if I check when I see an ace after if no one bets, I bet on the turn and get it already on the river

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything according to the situation ... KK needs to be ready to drop

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the time when you have KK's someone has AA's.

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's with high pairs that I usually lose big pots. I would hardly fold preflop, but it is necessary to analyze case by case

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you see an ace on the flop, will you play and bet or give up and fold?
I will not "give up", but I will often check the flop, since its usually not possible to get 3 streets of value from worse hands, and KK dont need much protection, at least not on a dry board like AJ5 rainbow. On such a board KK is either way behind or way ahead, so its totally fine to let another card roll off for free. This allow the opponent to bluff, or to pay off 1-2 bets later with for instance a J.

If the opponent start to bet, I will typically call at least once, but if they want to play a very big pot, I will usually end up folding. Of course the situation and board texture also matter. If 4-5 people saw the flop, then KK on A high board is usually not worth even a single bet, unless its very small. A flop like AJJ rainbow or AJ5 all spades, when you have red kings, is also worse than AJ5 rainbow.

P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
To fold KK is a tough thing to do but it does happen. Most cases its very situational as it depends mostly how people play over the cards on show.

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depending on the preflop raise bb, i would call for a peel and see how the opponent reacts, and perhaps try to block bet on the river. but if they bet big post flop with an ACE on board id probably fold

Aleksandr1991

Aleksandr1991

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I honestly throw away these hands, but it's very difficult
sometimes AA threw it away

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is always a very unpleasant situation when you have KK in your hand and the Ace is on the flop. It's also unpleasant at low stakes because they easily go into a raised pot with A,x cards.
In such cases, it is worth playing more cautiously, depending on the opponent.

Tigroslav

Tigroslav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe in some marginal spots when running deep with big pay jumps and almost everyone's stack is in the 20-30 bb range.
In most other situations giving up on KK easily isn't really what I want to be doing.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on the situation at hand. When there are many people, of course you fold.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depending on the bet, I continue, but if it's a high bet, I'll let it go.

Svetluj

Svetluj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It depends on opponents position and betting. but almost every time it’s will be folding

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Recently I folded KK, AK and QQ at the same tourney (against all in). The reasons: we were at the lates stages, close to the final table, I was rather the tourney leader or at the first places and with a very good margin, and was against huge stacks, witch could hurt my stacks hard, if they're lucky through the streets. So why risk? I won this tournament, first place.

Last edited:
spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if the board is very wet, and the bettings is raising and reraising, 2*K is after all only 1 pair and that goes for AA too, that said you wont fold preflop unless you have very good reads on opponent(s)

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on what tournament I play. But with an A on flop and other factors that are somehow linked with the rest of the players, it is an easy fold.

Folding in Poker