Flopped flush and straight

B

batttkins

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys new to the site and only recently just got back into poker trying to become a winning player. Yesterday the flip came out 5 78 clubs I had 6 4 off and the other guy had q something clubs. What are the odds of flipping a flush and straight. 6 players left on final table.

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If he has two cards of clubs, you have around 0.10% equity...
Now, if he has only the Q of clubs, like... hum... QcTs, your equity is ~62.02%

B

batttkins

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry flipping was a typo, I meant flopping so how often or what's the likely good I'm betting into a flush. He flopped it queen high. Thanks for the response.

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ah yes, now I understand what you mean. I believe that in this type of situation it's more likely he does NOT have the flush, but you need to think about the subsequent streets and be willing to fold your straight if a fourth flush card appears on the turn or river.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Odds of flopping a flush = 0.8%. Odds of flopping a straight with 1-gap connectors, as you had = 1.0%. So about even, but for them both to happen in the same hand, pretty unlikely. The trick of course is to not let the weak suited anythings see the flop for cheap. The more players see the flop, the worse your odds.

Most players will let you know when they're chasing a flush (check/call, check/call) and almost all will let you know on the river if they made it (shove or check/shove depending on how you've been playing the hand up to that point).

8e3e63f4e6bd135cc4d9add320f7b054.png

Last edited:
Full Flush Poker