Finding leaks in your own game

EnigmaTTO

EnigmaTTO

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm having trouble identifying specific areas in my game that might be good candidates for further study. I already do the normal thing of tagging hands I think I need to review, and trying to study push/fold ranges since I like to play tournaments but I'm not as sure of what else I could be doing and I'm not really just how to pinpoint my weaknesses. Any Advice?

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Since it looks like you're playing tournaments, then filter your base for stack sizes and see your winrates by stack sizes (especially push-fold stacks, 15-20, 20-30bbs and or in similar sizes) as they are the most common stacks you'll be playing with in tournaments. See whether they are all good. And look at your winrates by position in all of these stack sizes. I bet you will find some things you need to work at.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good question! I suggest coming up with a number of stats you're interested in such as:

VPIP for each position
PFR for each position
Pre-Flop 3-bet
C-Bet
Fold to C-Bet
BB Fold to Steal

And so forth. Look at your stats in these and compare them to the stats of regs you respect and have a lot of hands on. Anywhere that most regs have very different stats than you, that's a good candidate for a possible leak.

Top 10 Games