Finally a good poker novel!

SANTIJOTA8

SANTIJOTA8

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I strongly reccomend the poker novel "The Only Way To Play It" from Peter Alson.

The author was one of the co-authors of "One of a Kind", the great bio of Stu Ungar. And also wrote "Take Me To The River" from his personal experience in the wsop 2005.

His first poker novel is very real and entertaining. We can read about the underground poker clubs of New York that reminds me to the movie "Rounders". It's also about parenthood and how to deal with a conflictive father.

Only $9 on Amazon. One of the best poker books from 2020 and one of the best poker novels I read with "Shut Up and Deal" and "King of a Small World".

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most poker novels are pretty corny :D

Glad to hear this is a good one!

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for the advice! Yes, indeed, life with poker can have very good adventures that can change your life for the better.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thanks for the advice. if I can get my hands on it. it will be a real pleasure to read it.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you for the advice, but I don't think I'll use it ( I don't read books lately) and I watched a movie about Ungar and I didn't like it at all ( a lot of mysticism and very little truth and poker)

foldeamela

foldeamela

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will read it to see if it is as good as you say, if it is very bad you will listen to me hahahahaha

deputat777

deputat777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I strongly reccomend the poker novel "The Only Way To Play It" from Peter Alson.

The author was one of the co-authors of "One of a Kind", the great bio of Stu Ungar. And also wrote "Take Me To The River" from his personal experience in the WSOP 2005.

His first poker novel is very real and entertaining. We can read about the underground poker clubs of New York that reminds me to the movie "Rounders". It's also about parenthood and how to deal with a conflictive father.

Only $9 on Amazon. One of the best poker books from 2020 and one of the best poker novels I read with "Shut Up and Deal" and "King of a Small World".

I read this novel, typical and commonplace

SANTIJOTA8

SANTIJOTA8

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I read this novel, typical and commonplace

I you don't like it you shoud read "Shut Up and Deal" (Jesse May), "King of a Small World" (Rick Bennet) and "CARDS" (Jonathan Maxwell). Those are the best poker novels by far.

SANTIJOTA8

SANTIJOTA8

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Great classic poker novel

"CARDS" was published in 2005 by Jonathan Maxwell and is considered as one of the best poker novels. Now the novel is available in e-book and kindle format for the first time to buy it on Amazon.

I highly recommend the book because is brutal, real and reflects the reality of some live cash games players. Also has hundreds of poker hands that the main characther plays in Los Angeles, Paris and Las Vegas.

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jonatha...2786825&sprefix=cards+jonathan,aps,324&sr=8-1

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Since it was written so long ago, there are probably free versions of the book. There may even be a translation into Russian. I hope it will be interesting to read.

sara maria

sara maria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow it sounds very interesting, I love novels, and if they are free, much better :p I'll look for it, thank you:)

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Here's another link to discuss poker novels:
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/learning-poker-57/finally-a-good-poker-novel-472281/

deputat777

deputat777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I you don't like it you shoud read "Shut Up and Deal" (Jesse May), "King of a Small World" (Rick Bennet) and "CARDS" (Jonathan Maxwell). Those are the best poker novels by far.

Thanks for the information, I will definitely read it.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only read "One of a Kind". If you say that a good novel, then I will definitely read it.

SANTIJOTA8

SANTIJOTA8

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I only read "One of a Kind". If you say that a good novel, then I will definitely read it.

"One of a Kind" is excellent! Another good bios are "Life's a gamble" (Mike Sexton), "Pulling the trigger" (Eli Elezra), "Once a gambler" (Miikka Anttonen), "Poker Brat" (Phil Hellmuth) and "Godfather of Poker" (Doyle Brunson).