Failure after failure

Gyry

Gyry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you just need to take a break. perhaps the reason is not in the game and just bad luck, maybe there are other factors

bc2017

bc2017

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think as others are saying, take a break for a couple of days and come back when you feel in the right mindset to play poker again. Playing in your current state would be counterproductive.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What to do when I started to suffer failure during the week?
The condition is that I do not want to sit at the table and play poker.
What can you recommend?
Have you ever had such problems and how did you fight it?

You need to have balance in your life. Anything that you do in excess will be a bad thing. For right now based on the situation that you described it is best to take a break. Not just because you're losing, but because you need to spend time figuring out how to balance your time better.

I would recommend asking yourself these questions and give yourself honest answers.

1. Do I need to play poker to pay my bills and make a living?
2. Is poker a form of entertainment and a way to relax?

If number one, then you are not going to accomplish your goals without being mentally strong. You need to have time away from poker, and enjoy other aspects of life. Meditation, and a good balance of friends, family and other hobbies is necessary for success. Poker is a game that requires extreme amounts of thought and if you are not fresh mentally you will fail every time. If this is a means to make a living that means that you are playing with a "bankroll." Playing under the circumstances you described will do nothing but deplete your roll. This will have a negative affect on other areas of your life, and not just your finances. You can have the skills to play professionally but if you are a mental game fish then your skill means nothing.

If number two, then you are clearly not enjoying yourself or relaxed. Therefore, if it isn't needed to pay necessities then only play when you feel like playing. A lot of players feel like if they have large volume in poker it will lead to results. This is not true. Playing while tilted, angry, or just the lack of desire to play the game no matter how often will lead to in most cases multiple deposits. If playing free rolls then a massive waste of time that could be used in other areas of your life that would be much more productive.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you consider a failure? Can you give examples of these failures?

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you’re having a bad run and don’t feel like playing then the best thing to do is step away and do something that you enjoy to give your mind a break. After a little break and before you go back to the tables, do a bit of studying/reading to get refocused.

We all have bad runs, just don’t play when you don’t feel like it.

Best advice imo. Your mental state must be right in order to play at your best. If you don't feel comfortable playing, you probably shouldn't. Try to figure out what your weak spots are in your game by studying and try to improve on them.

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is common to go through times when it seems that nothing is right in the game. The ideal is to take a moment to put your head in place, try to study if it was bad luck or if you are doing something wrong, then try to play again and if you are still having trouble take another moment to study.