Failure after failure

L

Lord Foma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What to do when I started to suffer failure during the week?
The condition is that I do not want to sit at the table and play poker.
What can you recommend?
Have you ever had such problems and how did you fight it?

Tony Vayer

Tony Vayer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you don't want to play, then don't play. Don't make yourself do anything you don't want to do. Take a few weeks off in the fresh air.

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do not play in this state. Take a break for a few days

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a game, and games should be for our enjoyment. Like the others have said, take a break. When you come back to the tables you may have a clear head.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you’re having a bad run and don’t feel like playing then the best thing to do is step away and do something that you enjoy to give your mind a break. After a little break and before you go back to the tables, do a bit of studying/reading to get refocused.

We all have bad runs, just don’t play when you don’t feel like it.

G

Gr34tWh1t3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's me this week,had a terrible run last week a blew my rolls on 4 different sites , now I am chilled and play video games only.
I should have stopped after I blew my rolls on 2 sites but I kept playing even if I felt like stoping and not enjoying anymore so ... failure ,
You take a break from the poker until you feel like playing again dont blow your roll to.

uriell

uriell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Take a break from the game. Do not sit down to play when you are in a bad mood, because none of this will work.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Taking a break when running bad and not having a good day is key. Tilt can be a bankroll killer. I’ve seen many players lose a big hand with aces or kings then immediately go all in every hand until they ultimately are eliminated or go broke. When I am having a bad run I take some time to regroup. No sense in making a bad day even worse by playing with negative emotion and energy. Some time away to let the mind compress can be very productive. Nothing wrong with shaking off a bad day with some me time.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like others said 1) Take a break - long enough that you don't feel too much bad about it then 2) Start playing, but keep session length only as long as you feel comfortable enough. Might be only minutes at first, rest and repeat.

K

kozong

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like others said 1) Take a break - long enough that you don't feel too much bad about it
+1

then go straight to HHs review ASAP (with others are best, but can do it by yourself too).
after finding if those failures are because of poor play or just bad variance then you can get back at the table comfortably

thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You gotta take a break. Poker's a long term game, don't get bogged down by a bad stretch to much because it'll all move in the positive if you make the most +EV plays in the long run, yeah these short term runs suck but they won't last forever if you play your best game. Take the time off from the table to review some of your hands and do a little studying into the weakest parts of your game to try and plug any leaks that may be hurting you the most over the long run.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What can you recommend?

Expect failure after failure have a rest come back refreshed success will arrive if you keep fighting good luck.:D

abzdolc

abzdolc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
relax a day, than look at your hand history, analyze them, find mistakes, only when you'll be sure, the work is done- continue playing

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes once you start to feel angry or frustrated that some bad player has cleaned you out by the grace of luck, then it's time to call it quits.

When you are tired it's also time to take a break.

L

Lord Foma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for all the advice.
I understood the very essence of the need to take a break.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What can you recommend?

I am in that same position however I will continue to grind it out until one day I can make it to a national tournament.

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After taking several bad beats in a short time its best to just stop playing and let the bad feelings you have pass before you play again. It doesnt take much before we start to play with the tilt.

I lost several pots today to AK hands. He gets AK and I call the shoves with QQ, KK and AA hands and somehow they just got a huge hand everytime. I decided after the AA it was time to take break.

Attachments

• IMG_0276.jpg
    IMG_0276.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 38
Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Just relax, spend time with family and friends, take a walk in nature, .. There are many interesting things to do.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I feel this way I ask myself a series of questions such as?

Why do I not want to play? - Because I am losing

Why am I losing? - People keep drawing out on me.

Why are people drawing out on me? - I am not playing aggressively enough or making proper bet sizes.

Usually I can pinpoint my issue to something I am doing wrong and refocus my attention. I will then read or watch a video on the topic I need to brush up on. If that all fails, I will take a break for a bit.

chezzzi_qwe

chezzzi_qwe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What should I do when I began to suffer a failure during the week?
What can you recommend?
Have you had these problems and how you fought with him? [/ Quote]
I'm in such cases, the tear. 2 months - enough to want and to play well! Give your brain a rest, and good luck will come again to you!;)

M

MarineCJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Failure happens in life. I have failed a ton (probably more than most). Failure means you tried. Success is not automatic, it takes work, right mindset, proper planning and often Many failures.

Yes when you fail it sucks and can be a downer, but do what you need to get past it and go again.

As for playing Poker, thats a no. Any little thing that goes wrong will get amplified. Take a break, watch positive stuff (Tony Robbins, Bob Proctor, ect) or funny stuff and get past your mood and than you could start playing.

Poker like life is mostly your Mindset. If you go in thinking failure, well you will fail 100%.

A

audacity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What can you recommend?

I recommend not playing until you want to.

Says above - not wanting to sit at the table and play poker.

I'd go with that.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Most people continue work because they have to earn money. If you feel you have to keep playing poker, maybe you are trying to earn money. There are faster ways to make money than playing poker. Most require leaving the house.

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Take a break and do something different.
Some times you get tired an filled up with the game.
When i go all in to finish the game, instead of winning the game.

Then it is time for a break and watch TV.

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stop playing.If you are not enjoying to play poker then don't.Also you cannot play poker as profession i mean you could but you will end up broke and alone.So remember that magic thing called nature? Go outside bread fresh air,walk around talk to the people it will feel better.Then sit down and decide when do you want to continue.