Do You Think Before the Call?

Lorpugo

Lorpugo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you think less than 15 secons even in most clear spots you are making a mistake . Example: sitting with AA i know i am reraising preflop but think about villains ranges. put utg on AK cutoff on small oocket pairs and then reraise

HAMC81

HAMC81

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, for starters pretty much after the previous rounds ends I already have an idea or what I will do or what my opponent might do (depending on position), when the action of my opp is the expected one, I already have a move planned ahead and few factors should be able to change my decision.

If opp acts diff than I expected, yes, is time to pause and reassess

N

Nick301274

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, of course thinking, but sometimes at the beginning of the game do not need to think if the good hand is AA, AK, KK, and take a chance

W

white_vision0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I often think before I call, but not in the way of doing calculations, but in the way of: how did that guy played so far, what cards did he raise, fold (if I have that information). My thinking is just an analyze of my guts :)

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
not really. in all it is necessary to understand if you really want to become a professional in some kind of activity. so I can not say that I trust everything that is written in pokerstars - one of the reasons why I registered here. very different approach to the game players from different countries - a kind of you can say that each country has its own style - played at different tables - appreciated the game of the Brazilians. Americans, Germans, CIS countries - (it's difficult to play with the CIS), for example, the Argentines - are quite predictable. I do not like in the book pokerstars that they claim how to play correctly in this or that situation - in principle they all are based on a percentage, but they do not have data on the psychological portrait of the ditch.

I understand your point of view, but agreeing with you backslides my foundations.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to always always think about it.

What cards do my opponents hold?

Why am I just calling ?

What are the stack sizes involved in the hand and behind me that have yet to act ?

If I raise here what would I expect my opponent(s) to do ?

Even w AA I am taking a moment to think about these things....good luck !

proud2Bwhack

proud2Bwhack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
here is something to think about on a deeper level, a quick call is suppose to reveal a mid to weak hand or a drawing hand, try and make a quick call when value calling with stronger hand? take more time to think with a drawing hand/mid strength hand?

N

Nick301274

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, yes, I think to bet or not to betI'm not a robot

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I try to always always think about it.

What cards do my opponents hold?

Why am I just calling ?

What are the stack sizes involved in the hand and behind me that have yet to act ?

If I raise here what would I expect my opponent(s) to do ?

Even w AA I am taking a moment to think about these things....good luck !

Excellent reasoning.
Thanks for sharing.

soliddecor

soliddecor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Already said.
My graph, soon graphic, is tilted and ascending enough to prove that poker is skill rather than luck....
ately I'm playing only on cards - I do not play for luck, I do not play all in without seeing the flop, and I completely stopped using bluff - it's a moderate strategy that really allows me to m game graphics to grow up :)

The Boss

The Boss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, but it's more than just thinking before the call, but thinking before making any play. Typically when I'm thinking about calling a bet I try to understand an opponent's specific betting patterns to figure out whether or not calling, folding, or raising are +EV plays in the long run.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to think what the villans range is before they play and what I will call with.

A

alextepi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of course ... who doesn't especially at an important tornament.I try to play any tournament seriously even freerolls good luck at tables!

escurimX

escurimX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, but I can not keep the attention after a great playing period

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, sure. Very important to think quick before call, raise or fold. Math, odds, how many on the hand, position, stacks and more.

M

Manifestor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always think before I call, I follow the opponent's game, and then only make decisions, of course, if I have a nuts, then I always call

K

Klito

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not take so much time thinking on a call because i am convinced of my opponent range and fold when i have a weak hand but there are some tough times

Depemds on the situation

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
ately I'm playing only on cards - I do not play for luck, I do not play all in without seeing the flop, and I completely stopped using bluff - it's a moderate strategy that really allows me to m game graphics to grow up :)

Have you profited even if you believe that the "logarithm" favors other people?

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I do not take so much time thinking on a call because i am convinced of my opponent range and fold when i have a weak hand but there are some tough times

Depemds on the situation

To think that you always know what the villain is going to do is a mistake. The human being has the capacity to evolve. Good players review their hands daily to repair mistakes. If he realizes he's being exploited by you, he'll find a way to use that in his favor.
Think about it.

soliddecor

soliddecor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you profited even if you believe that the "logarithm" favors other people?
Of course. Regularly in prize places. The way and manner of playing is improved. If there are different working tactics that bring good results, you can vary. It's like templates. You understand what style of game at the table, predetermine opponents, add to this poker mathematics and the result is positive.