Do you prefer pocket pairs or suited connectors and why?

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you prefere pocket pair or suited connectors and why?

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

I prefer pair in hand !!! because I think I have a pre-flop advantage against the other players

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I prefer pocket pairs, because you can play preflop better with them.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Pocket pair, because I have already something that is strong enough for start.

L

LosJay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Low Stack: Pocket Pair, High Stack: Suited connectors. From my experience, there are better possibilities, when playing suited connectors. I have to fold pocket pair very often, because of straights, Overcards, flushes,...

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Give me the made hand preflop. Hard to make a pair in nlhe :)

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer pocket pairs because they are easy to play.

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally prefer suited connectors, they have gotten me out of many sticky situations. Some pocket pairs are great to hold preflop, however depending on the how the preflop bets etc has gone I definitely prefer suited connectors if it's a juicy pot.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on the type of tournament, the rate of growth of the blinds and the players at the table. In short, pocket pairs are good for pushing all-in if, for example, the blinds are growing fast or you have a short stack and suited connectors are good for playing.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I prefer a pocket pair because if it flops well it's already a strong hand, whereas if a suited connectors hand flops well it's a hand that still needs some improvement to become a strong hand. And as we all know this improvement might never come, but it still requires some investing. So I prefer a better risk/reward ratio, hence pocket pair. But I do play a lot of connectors though, I mean way too much, actually :D

Of course, it's a very general answer.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the hand pairs 88's and higher

since below that there's a lot of cards like a10 j9 etc that easily beat me but overal..

but it's hard to say in mosts spots i would take the pairs but... other spots you would wanna take the suiteds

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer pocket pairs more. Large connectors are good too.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Poker pairs for me. Easy to play and a made hand already.

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The pairs of hands made in the pre-flop game are better to play and try to gain an advantage over your opponents and more if they are high like QQ KK AA the strongest, but if they are low you would seek to be lucky and connect a three of a kind on the board. .

Personally, I like to play connector suits more, but more when I have a position on my opponents and it is good for me to play with those connector suit hands.

A2020

A2020

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess it depends on the stages of a tournament or the game been played, but I agree with what others have said. High pocket pairs over low suited connectors and high suited over low pocket pairs.
It's not that i follow any strategy as I mainly play for fun, but that sounds about right and what I would be playing most likely for sure.

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
which ever one hits the flop,just not top pair on flop when they hit their trips:)

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hard / good question ! :)

well if i would know that i will flop a set then i would take the pocket pair . otherwise i would take the suited connectors unless the pocket pair is a premium hand (QQ - AA)

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Of course, top pairs are always the best and safest choice, as they will win most of the time, however, in some tournament circumstances suited connectors are a great hand, but you need to know how to play with them and make the best use of them

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
like othe3r people i prefer high pair against low suited connectors and high suited connectors against low pair

jj77jwj

jj77jwj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I should like to have suited cards because you have more options to hit a good hands with just a pair that's all you got unless you hit trips you got a lot better options with a flush draw

M

Matteobvb83

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely pairs are a better preflop spot and easier to play. Suited connectors are attractive but too often very expensive. You are forced to spend to find the point that may not come

W

wengz2002

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like pocket pair but the pocket pair don't like me~ :-(