Which Do You Prefer AK or JJ?

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bacisally AK v any QQ>XX is a coin flip 45 v 55, but imo it is better to have a pair and try to improve on the streets then to speculate on each street with AK, just dont go allin with AK unless you are short stacked or can take a hit and survive. Im not talking about freerolls thats a whole diffrent story.

T_Dawg

T_Dawg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Simple. If you already have a pair, that's better than a high card. You'll flop a set about 1 out of 8 times. odds of someone else getting a higher pair are very high. I tend to lose a lot of hands with the Big Slick. Never go all in preflop

Today, every time two people had a hole pair the lower cards ended up with a set. Such is life.

J

jonnybegoode

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it's early in a tournament, I like AK suited more than Jacks. More drawing potential, you can hope to win with better straights, trips and flushes. If it's late in the tournament, and you have 30 big blinds, or less, give me Jacks. It's a slightly better hand preflop, and I think it plays a little better overall in all-in situations with 30 blinds or less. It's all situational. There are situations where I think one is more profitable than the other.

bekbollkz

bekbollkz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A suited AK is desirable. But in many cases JJ is also very good. Well this is also 1 pair of many chances I think.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nervous with both..

JJ AKs
Jc.gif
Js.gif
VS
Ah.gif
Kh.gif
Win
53.83 %Tie
0.42 %Win
45.75 %
this is according to cardfight.com
So JJ is probability favorite, but I've been burnt toast playing JJ too many times, I prever AK

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here the answer is difficult to answer unequivocally, in some situation AK is a very strong hand, but sometimes they will lose to JJ.

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I definitely prefer AK. But that is my personal opinion. Both are strong hands. I would raise preflop with both hands in any position. With AK I would be more likely to 3-bet if someone raised in front of me. With JJ, I'd rather call. Because often enough you have to flop three of a kind with JJ to win. You pay your opponent's raise and are hoping for three of a kind or that there will be no overcard on the flop. If you 3-bet with AK preflop you can win the pot with a C-bet after the flop even though you didn't hit the flop. With AK you can also win big pots when an ace or king comes on the flop and your opponent has something like AT + or KT +. Most of the time he won't get away from this hand and you win with the better kicker. All in all, I prefer AK because I have won big pots with AK and have lost more pots with JJ. But as I said, that is my personal opinion. Another player might as well say that he loses most of the time with AK while he wins the bigger pots with JJ.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I choose to win with these hands!Whatever the hand is, it must carry the strength and truth to strike!If you are in control of the situation, then the hand 67 as a connector has a certain power.It all depends on your knowledge and getting into the nats).

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
JJ because from my experience, they win more than AK. Although, it could also depend on position, stack size etc.

Xambo

Xambo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer AK, unfortunately I often lost a lot with JJ. Conversely, if you stay 1 against 1 you have better chances of winning. "Theoretically"

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
JJ is a made Pair unlike AK which need a flop

evildoesit2003

evildoesit2003

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
JJ has always been my thing, AK not so great but if low will try it for sure.

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer AK if they are the same color is even better.

H

hcuervo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
AK all the life, JJ only if a J comes out on the community cards and you don't bet long before, otherwise it is impossible to play with that pair. I hate that pair of JJ:D

K

Karakas61

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
jj all time

of course jj, pair is pair you just have to get used to knowing how to play them

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like AK over JJ for sure. There are just too many hands with potential to take down jacks. On the flip side AK has all the potential of taking down hands like JJ QQ so yeah AK is my choice.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
For me JJ is better since is already a good pair. AK may be a winner but if A or K does not shows, it will lose even to 22. :jh4::jd4:

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The truth is that the two hands are a pair with many tricks and if not used correctly they can give you many headaches, coincidentally in last night's tournament I increased with JJ and when I saw that my opponent went all in on the river, I I said that couldn't mean more than aces. Another player called and I was correct, had aces and destroyed the other player, many of my experiences with AK indicate that if you do not hit one of the two on the flop sometimes it is better to fold if the bet raises more than 3BB since any small pair can beat this hand. Regards

W

WHAKAORIORI

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All in pre flop JJ lol AK easy to fold , seems to always lose to A7 in all ore flop