Which Do You Prefer AK or JJ?

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer JJ.

JJ vs AK is almost always going to end up being a coin flip situation. Whichever one of these two hands you happen to be holding, it's hard to see most players folding either one of them pre-flop. If you're holding Jacks and you're opponent goes all-in, you're probably not folding. It's pretty much the same deal with AK. But when it comes to a coin flip situation, I would generally rather have the made hand and hope that my opponent doesn't get lucky.

P

Pokerman32750

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ace king suited especially in or out of position..

P

Pokerman32750

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
However I think through thousands and thousands of hands the JJ would have a few % point advantage! I still personally like AK suited!!

PackinPat

PackinPat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
jj until the flop. then i either love them or I'm scared shitless

Vitorbismark

Vitorbismark

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well there are several possible scenarios to know which hand is the best. Basically, we must take into account two situations:
1 - You have more chips the villain.
2 - You have less chips than the villain.
Considering that in an all-in between AK and JJ we have a probability of victory of 43x56. It is clear that in both situations having JJ is more advantageous. However when we are in situation 1 we are more comfortable to risk our chips since it will not cost us to fall in the tournament.
this is my view !!!

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer JJ despite the fact that that pair usually always loses, I don't like to play that pair, I rest before the flop, but it has a higher percentage even though it is a double-edged pair, you have to know how to play it.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would rather have AK, why? simple!

AK has more outs 6 than the 2 outs probably needed if the board brings an A or K

so i would rather have AK vs JJ with a better chance to win than jj with him having a good chance to hit one of those 6 cards

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
the pair have vantage for not pair ,so i prefer JJ , but JJ lose to 3 better QQ,kk,AA ,not easy

L

loveisblind

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AK or JJ

I would prefer JJ because if you do not get A or K you most likely will win having a high pair.

What are the signs of a lucky person?

Dealing with negativity but still hang on the positive spirit is the stuff that luck is made of.

• 1) Attitude of gratitude. It's not about luck but yes it is about Attitude. ...
  • 2) Positive outlook. ...
  • 3) Believe in yourself. ...
  • 4) Humanity. ...
  • 5) Living in the moment. ...
  • 6) Decision and not giving up. ...
  • 7) Good habits. ...
  • 8) Mentality.:)

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I rather have JJ than AK because it is considered a made hand as opposed to the AK where you need to get lucky. I do however play the JJ cautiously depending on the cards that are dealt.

Beatlebug

R

Rabberto71

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s a tough call for me but I think I would probably go with jj as it’s a made hand already:D

S

Slavas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I PREFER AK........JACKS ONLY SEEMS TO WORK BLIND ON BLIND FOR ME! :(

A

Axmanace

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends in what stage of the MTT I’m in and what my opponents ranges are.

I prefer AKs when I’m forced to go all in the late stages of the tournament. It has the best drawing potential against multiple calls.

If I can see a flop without investing a high chip % (that would pot commit me) I prefer JJ.

I don’t “like” JJ when you are forced to go all in pre-flop.

Dvsone504

Dvsone504

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I lose way to many chips with JJ. It looks really pretty but really can sting you. I much rather have AJ in live poker and tournament poker unless it is just heads up going all in. I really have learned to lay JJ down alot easier than I used to. :D

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally prefer JJ’s lost too many hands with AK a made hand is always better.

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
prefer

I prefer JJ. pairs are strong against all pairs going all in but be weary of the AA KK QQ.