Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
There are things that, no matter how logical they are to us, we need someone to tell us. So yes I need a coach. But not necessarily from a coach. I have friends who play and we comment on our relevant hands a few times. Hearing a different point of view always helps.

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
i think i need poker coach because i do not now what i do right and what i do wrong

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
the best thing is experience and learn from your mistake, and why do you need a coach if you can't learn luck then it's poker
Today in cc game you call a pre flop all in 100 blinds with 42o. Reading this answer, and watching your 10k games just in 888poker, my surprised face when I saw the 42o showdown turned into a mix of laughter and pity

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think players have to look at their current game. If they are satisfied with playing up to low stakes games (cash and MTT) and are reading, watching you tube, taking free online courses like CC offers and your future goal is to mainly have fun and maybe make a few bucks, a coach would be an expensive waste of money. Some folks though have the skills, the desire, the ambition, and courage to want to go all the way, then a coach would probably be money very well spent. I as a recreational player fall into the first category. I read, I watch, I play and maybe just maybe I will improve my game. Good luck to you though if you have asperations of moving onward and upwards!

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion the best use of a poker coach is to plug leaks.

What do I mean?

We all need someone to examine our game and ask why we limped or raised there.

The reason we have leaks is that we don't see our mistakes.

If you can just double the size of the usual pot you win everytime you win a pot....that would be a huge improvement!

Plugging leaks is very difficult to do on your own....identifying the leak and then solving it - we all need help with these things.

Good luck !

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion the best use of a poker coach is to plug leaks.

What do I mean?

We all need someone to examine our game and ask why we limped or raised in certain situations.

The reason we have leaks is that we don't see our mistakes.

If you can just double the size of the usual pot you win everytime you win a pot....that would be a huge improvement!

Plugging leaks is very difficult to do on your own....identifying the leak and then solving it - we all need help with these things.

Good luck !

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Youtube has poker coaches that give a large amount of coaching for free. Start there, and if you find someone who makes you feel comfortabe with their methods, you could think about paying them to coach you.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Do you need a poker coach?
Hi
A good coach needs a good salary. I would agree to a trainer who could train with me for free, but I have no such desire to invest my money in training :)

R

Rmi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It's always good to have it because it marks the mistakes that you can't see, or see the game in a different way.

Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello. As they say, different strokes for different folks. I suppose it all depends on who you are and how you feel about the game. Yes, I wouldn't mind having a coach , self-taught- that's good, but when you have an outside perspective, especially a qualified one, it's a whole different story. I like our forum, you can find a lot of good advice here, but a coach brings a completely different approach. For serious engagement with the game, they are simply necessary.

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, the best poker coach is the player who wants to learn the game by practicing and studying individually.

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Yes, it would certainly be great to work with a coach who will point out your mistakes in the game, which you probably can't see for yourself, and who can adjust your opening range and overall style of play. He might even say that I'm playing the wrong game at all.