Stanley Aguiar

Stanley Aguiar

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Because of the way I play poker (for fun) no. But study is fundamental, without a doubt.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Learning poker can seem like an overwhelming task, especially if you try to do it on your own. People sometimes spend a lot of time both studying and playing, and come to the conclusion that they still cannot beat their limit. Therefore, many beginners/amateurs begin to look for someone to act as their tutor or instructor.The role of a poker coach in this situation will be similar to the role of a ski instructor.

GDKavindu

GDKavindu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LK
Chips
Yes I need bcz i want to someone analyse my poker pattern but i haven't money to pay coach

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Is a poker coach really needed? No it is not for the vast majority of players. The thing is here, if you really want to play at a high level and maybe go pro its not a bad idea to get a coach. The more i have taken my studies of the game seriously the more I realize this is a really deeper game than most know. Do you need to, no but it could be very valuable.

This is how I feel too.

And honestly I don't think I'll ever really pursue the game at high stakes (probably never beyond mid-stakes online and just typical circuit buyin live mtt's) BUT
I do want to continue to get better.
I do want to be better than most (all?) of the players on my table.
I do want to make money.
I do want to keep the dream alive of 'making MORE money'.

I feel I still have other avenues I haven't fully invested my time in to get the most out of them, prior to hiring a coach. I don't think I'd be able to get enough value from a coach at the moment ($/hr.).
Maybe a different arrangement would work better for me, ie. coaching while on a staking agreement.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Even the top players have coaches so someone with my lesser ability would certainly benefit from a coach or guidance on how to improve.
Yes. Great point! I think many are missing this ^

P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I don't need a coach, but having someone like a friend to talk about my game with helps a lot.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think everyone would improve by having a poker coach. But the need depends on each person’s goals.

In my case, as I play just for fun, I don't even consider investing in a poker coach.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
No, I don't need a coach yet because I find training materials on my own and I have the ability to quickly absorb knowledge on my own, so I accept any type of knowledge very quickly and learn it very quickly, so I don't need a coach, but you need to communicate with people who are higher than abi

Huntre

Huntre

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Always good to have person who can watch on your path from another side then you, but it isn't nesseccary

jose_saleh

jose_saleh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
we may allneed a poker coach, unless there's someone here who plays it perfectly, there's always space for improve.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
All depends on how far one wants to go. The majority don't need coaching as they play micro/low stakes. Which isn't that hard or impossible to beat without coaching. Hell I'm still a winning micro/low stakes player and I barely have any poker knowledge newer then 15 years ago. I'm a rather avg to meh player.

You wanna beat micro/low stakes you need work on the following: bankroll management, mental toughness/tilt control and patience. Then simply play a TAG style of poker and look/find ways to exploit your current player pool.

I think one wants to get above or go above 100nl he may wanna look into coaching and get more serious with studying and improving.

Cheers!!!

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are many books that teach how to play poker, there are many poker player blogs.
I am particularly critical of some things, that's fine, books teach you how to play, true, but the rules of the game will never make you a winner and to be a winner you must develop your own profile. Now blogs and YouTube only serve to help that player raise funds to pay for tournament tickets.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think everyone would benefit from coaching.

However, most players would probably be better served going through a poker course or getting online poker training.

Its more cost effective to learn from training vids, poker books, poker forums, and study groups. You don't really want to pay a poker coach $75/ hr to tell you not to limp to sitters or not to limp Ace rag with 15 blinds.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I really cant see point of that in the game of poker :)))...maybe at the begining you may need some advices :)

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that at the beginning it is not necessary, but it makes it a lot easier for you to improve your game.

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I had a poker and mental coach as long as I lived from this.
Recently, poker has remained a hobby, it is no longer necessary, the previous experience and learning is enough for this level.

Flower2211

Flower2211

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If a person wants to reach the top of poker and reach the highest level, then, of course, he needs a coach, as in any other sport, but if a person just wants to play for himself, earn a little money from it, then this can be achieved on his own, I think.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, or by Happiness, I continue to learn Poke self, reading the different materials and watching the different video,
and try to use getting knowledge in my practice...

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If this is a proposal, then no, if it is a theoretical question, then everyone needs a coach. At least in order to save your time, discuss complex issues and much more.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes , there is no downsides in having a coach from time to time

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Everyone needs a coach this is the only way to succeed.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is really not affordable anymore for most players.