luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
the best thing is experience and learn from your mistake, and why do you need a coach if you can't learn luck then it's poker

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
No. To play myself, to understand, to learn and to try...With my decisions and my way to play. That is what i will.

M

MF.Brn

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm learning to play on my own, so it would be nice to have a mentor to help.

Baoka

Baoka

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
Yes having a coach is a great thing

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I don't need a poker teacher anymore since I have a lot of experience of more than 15 years. also many hours of study and almost a million hands played. But I do think you should have someone to teach you how to play this great sport.

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think not, I’m generally a supporter of the idea that everyone can learn everything on their own, so I’m against music schools and so on, if you’re really interested in it, then you’ll figure it out yourself to the best of your ability.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
No, I don't think i need one, I'm playing and learning on my own, just study, play, lose , learn from your mistakes , get experience and that is it.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Do you need a poker coach?
Hi
No, I don't need a poker coach. For me, poker is entertainment, in the evenings. I don't need a coach to teach me how to have fun. But I wouldn't mind having an assistant who could bring me coffee and make cookies when my girlfriend is at work.
Good luck :)

SL-247

SL-247

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
No. All educational books and videos are available online. I'm self-taught.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you treat the game professionally, then over time, to improve your game and get a boost in the game, contacting a coach is the best option, but this is not a panacea, you still need to work on your game

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Is a poker coach really needed? No it is not for the vast majority of players. The thing is here, if you really want to play at a high level and maybe go pro its not a bad idea to get a coach. The more i have taken my studies of the game seriously the more I realize this is a really deeper game than most know. Do you need to, no but it could be very valuable.

slysilvosilvo

slysilvosilvo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
SK
Chips
Isn't this site a kind of "coach" ? ev. coaching site... or you mean - personal coach - to get payed from us ?

slysilvosilvo

slysilvosilvo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
SK
Chips
Probably, but why spend money on one when I'm surrounded by good ones right here on CardsChat. :)
And all around - on the tables - even the bad player can teach U ... how do NOT do things !

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Do you need a poker coach?
Yes, of course! I need a poker coach! But only if she will be a beautiful brunette from 20 to 37 years old. I'm sure I'd stop being a fish after a month of intense training! If you know what I mean. ;)

Dasha_21

Dasha_21

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
No, I don't need it. I'm quite playing at a good level

B

bababooey

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If you want to take it serious then having a coach could be a good idea as it is another persons mind looking at different situations you get in and can help you work out the move.

Even some of the biggest names have had coaching with Daniel Negreanu coming to mind being coached by MJ Gonzales.

C

cowboybebop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the best coach for you is yourself. One learns most from his or hers mistakes. Life is ultimately the best lesson, but the most expensive one at the same time.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even the top players have coaches so someone with my lesser ability would certainly benefit from a coach or guidance on how to improve.