papapokera85

papapokera85

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Well, I put colors on them that are not favorite on fish. Color norms for gamers' norms)

M

maroca06

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I'm disconnected, I'm not studying the components.

D

DjancoDan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No but i think i should start puting colors at least.

T

tourpro99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely, it can only help. Great to know when opponents 3-bet light often or only 3-bet with AA, KK, QQ or AK. Or opponents who fold easily to c-bets or are especially sticky.

Jim Rivas

Jim Rivas

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you pay attention to the people you're playing against? Like if you've played against them before do you notice that you're playing against them again or does it not make a difference to you?
Something that serves me better are the written notes that color players according to their type, because there I detail with more explanation game situations and behaviors of my rivals in different game situations such as: flop, turn and river, in addition to the bet size, etc. . Although everything is changing over time, because that's the way it is, nothing is static.:D

passat1600

passat1600

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I always analyze how the players play at the table and after the fifth or sixth hand it is already possible to roughly determine who is playing aggressively, who is tight and who is just a loser and wastes bankroll ... :)

A

archilazy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not at all
only if it appeared itself in memory

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes, note any pattern in play and then update note with each encounter. Over several different encounters with an opponent a particular pattern may show which you can use to exploit or avoid during future games.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The notes and colors for each player are very helpful, especially if you are playing several tables.
So you can know if you are playing against a good player, a fish, a crazy one or a tight one.:D

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips
I definitely always make notes on all mu opponents.
You just never know when you will need these :rolleyes:

P

pakyut

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe I will take note of my opponent but I think they still improve their game so I think there is no point of taking notes for me

S

satriyo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I'm not going that far. I just play hoping to get lucky and hit good hands

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am definitely going to be following Alexander Fitzgerald's method of note taking when playing live (EXPLOITIVE Play in LIVE Poker Book), as for online...I just haven't invested enough time in unregulated sites to care to take notes. I would if I wasn't working probably, and was at home all day with free time (like all my neighbors seem to be doing!)...

BTW as a side note, he is 100% right that women can see 100% past a mans bullshit. I have had a lot of female friends, and anytime I have tried any small lie bullshit, they have seen right through it. If you try and bluff, you better be winning an Oscar with your Bluff performance!

Last edited:
TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I take notes, color code players, look players up on sharkscope, and use NoteCaddy to automatically take notes on players. I also like to use the buddy feature(when available) to be able to find weak players and avoid strong players in the future.

P

ParadiseFisher_

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also use colours, 4 different in place
FISH
AGGRO LOOSE
NITTY
REG

HTML

HTML

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TM
Chips
I record but not all the players. I note his character. The main ones I note are stupid players

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
I always color them, and when they make very strange moves I always take note and the next I adopt new strategies against them, and when I eliminate them or take a lot of them, I get very happy, I always want revenge against them.:D

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NOTES

Only on that day. I love eliminating them when they play so loose.

D

denis_og79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes yes, if it's an opponent I sometimes meet in certain tournaments, it's always good to make some observation.

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
If I try to score as much as I can of all the players

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

sometimes with some players I take notes ...

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, yes. Many players do not pay enough attention during the game to record useful observations of their opponents. However, later it can help in making a difficult game decision and in general will bring additional profit. That's why I write notes.

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Constantly!

It's a lot of trouble, and you may never play that person again, but if you do (and I have), it can really pay off.

It takes much patience, and self application to keep it up, but it's certainly worth it.