Do you make note of your Opponents?

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always frame them in different colors in the pokerstars room, red if it is a fish, blue if it is a good player and purple if it is an aggressive player.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
If it is the tool that I use the most and it is more reliable than the hud

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if I pay attention I like to know how they play and learn from them

S

Shay

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always frame them in different colors in the pokerstars room, red if it is a fish, blue if it is a good player and purple if it is an aggressive player.
Good players are not aggressive betting?:confused:

Aldorabe

Aldorabe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And if they don't care, it's because they don't know what the game consists of because you not only have to look at your cards but also know what your opponents think and guess their movements.

Delenia

Delenia

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have extensive notes. I think it is well worth it! Unfortunately, I do not have a perfect memory, so the notes help me to know how players have played.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Colour tsags is the thing I usually use , cause I have no time to stop and write notes , but if I do have time and it's importsant , then I will write some notes for future use , especially if he's a crazy very loose RNG donk player

demesquita

demesquita

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've met a lot of players that I've played against before. However, it seems to me that people often change their style of play. Therefore, it is not worth saying that these are players - "fish" or "aggressive". Therefore, the game is played differently each time.
I usually date my notes so it doesn't look too outdated. And I don't do only "nit", "lag", "tag" them... I also include example of plays so I know exactly where I'm stepping over/under.

Ex.:
LAG
4x Raise 3bb early pos KXs QXs, AXo
Won't drop overpair. Shove on spot.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I label the players and make a lot of notes. They are good to exploit people

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Paying attention to the opponents is a very important aspect of the game,but I don't really stick to it and so sometimes I have to be very difficult and even lose my stack.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everyone! I make notes on players, but...often this not working:rolleyes:, because marked player(s) suddenly starting
to play in quite another manner:eek:: seem, as if playing another human...:confused: Well, such are cases.:eek: That's all!:smile:

L

LotharMcDowner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely, and especially tag them. I usually get specific in my notes, with specific hands & boards noted. But mostly the color coding is a quick guide to how you might play a borderline hand against them.

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont anymore but i used to. I do it in my head now but it is good to make note of how players act to help you better picture the outcome. I play more aggressive in different games for different strategies. Good luck.

M

marcrues

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't, but i noticed Lex Veldhuis does. I probably should start.

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes for sure, I mark them by colors so I can identify the style of play and I also make notes of some hands that are out of the pattern that they played, or some action that they should have done and did not do, it helps me to make decisions when I find them again.

Markjduk

Markjduk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Best thing I ever did for my online game was get a HUD. I now colour code every player I have played 100+ hands with.

Y

YogSothoth

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best thing I ever did for my online game was get a HUD. I now colour code every player I have played 100+ hands with.

This is smart, specifying players you've played 100+ hands with. I think an issue people run into is crushing a player once who has tilted and whose game is nothing like his/her usual, and taking that example as gospel. Tomorrow, they could be totally different.

Markjduk

Markjduk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
This is smart, specifying players you've played 100+ hands with. I think an issue people run into is crushing a player once who has tilted and whose game is nothing like his/her usual, and taking that example as gospel. Tomorrow, they could be totally different.

It is surprising how many players I colour code then months later come across them again and change my colour rating on them. Really you need 1000+ hands against a player to get an accurate read.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No

No, I don't take notes on any poker players.

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Notes on other players

Yes I do take note of other players when playing at cash tables. I as well make notes on ACR as some players as you know are mainly "pushers" and bingo players trying to buy pots. Notes have helped me a lot cash in on their bingo playing game.

GL ALL :D

D

Deeznutzzzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep, I always make notes and color code players. It's been very helpful identifying the regulars who play horrible cards at beginning of tournaments hoping for the quick double up. Also, the very good somewhat tight rounders who play good cards exclusively. I give the best players a green for money color:)

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course I notice, and yes, this is very important!

Maekz1999

Maekz1999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not use this. Probably that is the reason why I am stuck in loosing my money.. Haha :-D

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I stopped taking notes on players and it has hurt my game. I think I'm going to start taking them again while I still can. Learning from other players is a great way to learn poker. Look at all the top money winners in CC. There is a reason their at the top. I'm not talking about the players who made one big cash to get on the leader board either.

W

wizz99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have done but stopped for now. I think it's good if you are playing the same games regularly. Otherwise you make make notes on players that you won't see again for a while. But definitely worth doing if you are serious about winning.