Do you guys play every suited ace?

M

Mertik

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If no one has raised and there are only a say 1-3 players in the pot I'll limp in. Otherwise I fold them.

Those cards can be your downfall sometimes because they are deceiving if an Ace falls on the flop. The only potential in those cards is to hit a flush which will give you the nuts, since having the Ace of that particular suit in a flush give you the highest Flush. I think the chances of hitting a flush with two suited holes cards is about 22% (correct me if I'm wrong).

My Math:

If you just take your outs and multiply by them by 2 u get a rough estimate but it's not on the money. 11 x 2 = 22%

11 outs 50 cards left (ideal situation) 50/11 = 4.54
4.54 to 1 chance
(1/4.54) x 100 = 22.03%

shadow451

shadow451

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to dump A 5-9 suited on almost every occasion, but will open with them if in late position. Used to get all excited by them, but learned my lesson too many times by getting burned.

B

Blue_Fossil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In early position, I usually fold - unless it's a tight table. If I'm in late position and first to act, I'll open with them. May also call from late position sometimes - depending on the game.

Don't fall in love with these hands, though. Try to steal the blinds or see a cheap flop. If you miss the flop, be ready to give it up.

aa88wildbill

aa88wildbill

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A6-A9, get you in trouble a lot of the times. I'd rather play A2-A5 you would still have the three card straight draw, but I guess if there going to let you limp in with theA6-A9 you might as well try it. Just be careful!

M

mikeisanace

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I almost always play every ax suited.

These hands are just as good as pocket pairs from deuces to 66 it's just about getting in cheap and foldling to big raises. If it's 3 bet in a 2-5 game 15 bucks justifies sit. You could flop 2 pair or a super flush draw that's what it's all about. It's ok to be bluffed with this hand when the flops comes a-q-7 and you have a-3 suited and think your beat, or just check call on the river if the bet seems fishy and cheap and you think you might just have the best hand. The only disaster with this hand is when you flop 2 pair vs better 2 pair which is likely with a-j-4 flops or ak-7 flops etcc..

These what if hands are essential to creativity and not being predictable! I would never recommend opening a raise with this hand unless your 4 handed,then again open a raise with any ace then. Anyway on the button just call,but never call 5x bets or big raises!! These hands are like 56 hoping top flop 34-k rainbow or 56-q. It's all luck but with these hands just play matador and wait for a flop for huge pots vs taking down a little pot with solid positional play. If you wanna be the guy always raising with qq to j7 on the button then be my guest but it's no real advantage.

Last edited:
N

nyolcas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No. Aces with low kickers are very dangerous cards and just burning your stack. I fold them every time in early and mid positions.

el_magiciann

el_magiciann

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play most of suited Aces, but only when i'm in good position and when there isnt any 3bets before my turn...

J

Jack Sky

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to play suited aces! But it depends on position!

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I has position and stack 30bb or better I play most of suited Aces, sometimes call or bluff 3bets. If opponents 4 bets easy fold. In situation when I just call my game varies between flop, my opponents and theirs playing style. You have to be careful playing these hands, it is easy to broke with them.

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It all depends on the position, players after you and your stack. If it's a table with aggro players raising all the time, I choose don't play, cause probably I'll need to call with a weak hand or fold. If the table is limping/calling, there is a chance to see the flop with just the blinds.

Rarely I play this hand on UTG or MP.

P

PW300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if your cards are suited they only have an extra 2.5 per cent chance of winning. so it makes very little difference pre flop holding ace 7 off suit as it would do ace 7 suited. probably only wise to play these in mid to late position if everyone has folded before you.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think those hands become much better when you're in position. A lot of the time you may get free cards if you have a draw. Also, your flush draw will always be to the highest flush, which is nice.

P

Pablo24A

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It´s all depend on the position but if I have the choice to make a cheap call I would definetely play an ace suited even with a low card

Of course I wouldn´t make a big call with A4, A5 even if its suited

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cards being suited raise your odds to win with flush approx. 5%, obviously - its not that much. And, apart from this 1/20 boost - those cards are as bad as any other trash combination.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At 6 max tables, if I can see a flop cheap, I will see it with ANY suited A. Mostly it is a peek at the flop, then very likely a muck. Position helps. At full tables, I can go either way, from any position, but the later the position, the more likely I am. That is where lots of Depends happen. ;)

I agree, Any suited ace plays about like 22-66. All are fairly easy to let go of.

Broadway suited A's are a whole different thing.

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's so many factors to consider to give a yes or no answer. Your position, number of potential players in the pot, personality of the players, etc. Certainly if it's between you and the big blind, limp in and hope for a favourable outcome.

K

kevinmarkus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play it short handed. If it's a full table, I won't bother. Ace low card is always trouble... You'll meet your maker (AK, AQ, AJ) and it will take your stack... :)