Do you ever fold AK or even QQ (preflop) ?

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
it's very hard to throw away such hands, I can throw it away once in 400 hands, but it's very rare that I don't want to throw such a hand at all and who does it great fellows (y)

Slow Horse

Slow Horse

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I wouldnt fold. I've raised the pot with much less than these. Recebtly I've came to all in pre flop with KK in hands, and lost it

J

James2023

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Depending on the situation. If there is alot of good people in the pot I might think to fold akx. but if it were suited I would atleast have that to bail me out with 68% chance all in on the preflop. QQ on the other hand has about a 80% shot, but no one can determine the flop so more people in the hand the more your odds decrease but at the same time its a larger pot. all or nothing comes with huge rewards, thats why playing with 1% of your bankroll makes the game more enjoyable. play like a animal but do it where it wont crush you when you lose.

Mohamed48

Mohamed48

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Yes, but not always, depending on the type of play and time

X

Xcalibur

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Sometimes you have to use the dough

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
QQ I might fold but not ace king. All depends on what the bets are and by what type of player.

andron205

andron205

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
when 10 tickets and I have my first pile

Tadi

Tadi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Yeah, a couple of times. Most often if I am near the ITM or when I provided a ticket on the satellite. I used to fold even in the early stages of the tournament when multiple players invested everything.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
That happen yes when couple of player raise and someone bet put me all in i could fold a-k but not qq

BLMonteiro

BLMonteiro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Do you ever fold :as4::kh4: or even :qs4::qh4: (preflop) ? And if so, then in which cases?
With AK I try to be sensible and bet low until the flop is dealt, but going all in pre flop is a bit risky, but not a bad hand. now with QQ the same, it is better to wait and go easy until the flop opens

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
The two hands are not the same.
A QQ on a flop where A, K comes can already be folded with a high probability.
An AK is another matter, but if there are already a few all-in, then it is quite a big gamble to get in with it, risking your entire game up to that point. It depends on the situation/amount of chips/stage of the tourney.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in a cash game i would fold AK and maybe even QQ to a tight player who shoves All In after i reraised him . in tournaments NO IF i am short stacked no matter what . and YES MAYBE when i have a very good read on my opponent and when i am pretty sure he has KK or AA

labatho

labatho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
AK could be an easy fold in preflop, when you are the last, who talks, and there are more than 3 participatian. Then you could count with A's in hands (mostly) or pairs, which predicts your handycap. QQ also could be in a bad situation, its hard to pass, but sometimes its neccessary to stay in the game. When you dont wanna be a bubbleboy in a huge event maybe.

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
yeah I do and I have , but not very often and it is only against players I know and have a history with.

M

miriancastro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for sure, when I'm close to the money and some villain with a bigger stack comes all-in

Folding in Poker