Do you ever fold AK or even QQ (preflop) ?

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yes, I would consider folding if there's a bet, 3-bet, maybe a 4-bet or shove ahead of me.

What are you going to do when the flop comes with an A or K in a multiway pot?
You are either behind to the nugget with A4o or crushed, and that's before the turn and river.!

So many people shove pre-flop when they're deep, and there's action ahead of them... and then coming onto forums complaining about bad beats.

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Do you ever fold :as4::kh4: or even :qs4::qh4: (preflop) ? And if so, then in which cases?
QQ , It's very difficult to fold. But AK, in a multiway pot, there are situations where you can fold

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very very rarely folding these hands unless I have a very good read on a very tight player. Possible ICM implications may influence a decision but folding these hands isn’t likely my best play. In à satellite when I have the tournament ticket locked up would also be a time folding AK and QQ would be my choice as well.

Pabloro10321

Pabloro10321

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Yes, many times the pre-qualification tournaments where I'm already placed and I just have to wait for someone to be eliminated, I don't think it's a good option to pay a risky amount without first seeing the flop.

A

allfarewells

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Absolutely! If your on the bubble and your stack isn’t the biggest I’d definitely fold anything bar aces and kings premium pairs like this 👌🏻 At least until your in the money 👍🏻

Much love
Danny
🙏❤️

Niveau1

Niveau1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Of course, depending on the time in the tournament, e.g. Bubble phase, position, stack size and and and...
Why AK broke on the bubble when two bigger stacks have already heavily invested in the pot?

IreAce

IreAce

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Extremely common to fold both in satellites.
and in 4 and 5bet pots.

Pulse_69

Pulse_69

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I never discard such cards, I think this is a good position, in the percentage equation there is a high probability of winning.

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Depending on the situation in the tournament, if it's a satellite and I'm not in danger of making money, then I'll easily reset even AA. So the bubble bursts and who plays AA, KK, AK, etc.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I have a good stack in the game or if two or more players go all-in on the last table, I can discard the premium card.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you ever fold :as4::kh4: or even :qs4::qh4: (preflop) ? And if so, then in which cases?
Quite often I play mega satellites not often but I fold AA. It's normal for these tournaments, don't fall in love with your hand, whether it's aces, kings, queens or ace-king.

Dasha_21

Dasha_21

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Я QQ в основном не выбрасываю , а мне иногда приходиться выбрасывать АК. Все зависит от противников

Jamil

Jamil

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
My conscience scolds. I can't make a fold on such a card

neptunas888

neptunas888

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
These pocket hands are considered very strong, in my opinion they can only be thrown away in a few cases. For example, this is a bubble and 1-2 people remain before the prizes. Or you're playing a satellite and have a passing stack for a ticket to the main event. Here are 2 options when I would throw:cool:

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It all depends on the stage of the tournament. Everyone knows that in certain situations with a small bankroll, it's better to discard these cards. Otherwise, you can often miss out on prizes.

B

bidearm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i rarely fold these hands but when someone goes all in or overbets i usually toss them pre flop

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I folded AK in a very important tournament, agaisnt a tight player.... I was deep in the tourney, and had a average stack size, but the blinds were killing me... I made the tough decision to fold it pre flop... And even though this happened last week, Im still thinking about this, becasue maybe I could have made him fold if I shoved... I lost the tournament without getting to the money, so this decision is bugging me a lot.

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I almost always go all-in... It's very difficult to fold AK or QQ preflop

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the situation and to be honest I would also fold these hands if necessary. For example, even if you know your opponent well and know that he is a donk, sometimes it is not worth taking the risk. So also the situation, stack size and of course blind level plays a big role.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, several times, specially AK. It will depend of a couple of factors, mostly my reading of my opponents. But in general I don't like to call an all in pre flop against multiple players with AK.

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If a pretty tight player makes an out of the usual min raise, its almost always KK or AA, so yes, either of these can be folded. However I find AK much easier to fold than QQ. Playing live I recently folded AK pre. 1 guy min raised, he was tight and I'd not seen a min raise previously. I called, then a loose player 3 bet fairly big. The original raiser goes all in, and I folded. He turned over KK, The other guy had AJ so had one of my outs too.

More recently live I called with QQ but thought very seriously about folding. There was crazy action pre, but only 1 of the all ins I expected to be be premium due to the players in the hand. I called with QQ here but lost, as eventually 6 players were at showdown, the only other premium or semi premium were AK and TT. Unfortunately the crazy guy, last to call with KJ won the hand.

He ended up FT table top 5 I think, This is why I called. I had almost 30% chance to win so 1 in 3 times I would create a great chance to get to FT.

meagain00

meagain00

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, for sure. It depends on the actions on the hand, stage of the tournament, and other factors. But no problem to fold if justificable.

meagain00

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've already doubled and lost with these
Hands multiple times in the tournament, especially if you have few chips

Folding in Poker