Call. Well, unless my gut says fold.

G

Gektor610

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gektor 610

he price you are getting is good, so you could call. Calling for 3BB's shouldn't change a thing, you'll have to go all in sooner or later. With pocket threes you have a chance of hitting the trips. If you don't and anyone bets, fold and probably wait for the potentially good hand.

B

benspocket

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
l would limp in to see the the flopif you dont get a set with flop i would fold then

nelo80

nelo80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i chose call that , if get set 3 fine if not fold and keep play.

sofren

sofren

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If l dont have any feel l will fold. One of the Phill Hellmuth advices about small pocket pairs is : if some players raise you should fold, call only if gods inside you told you call calll call. I always stick to this and it is good. Three players make call and two of this three are tight players, they are should have some good hand and maybe some of this also have a pocket pair. If you have some feel and if this is you favourite hand call, but if you dont hit anything on flop you should fold, l will do that. This is how l play in situations like that with small pocket pairs. This strategy currently is good.

cellait

cellait

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would call to see the flop in anticipation of another 3 ... then decide what to do ... I have a lot of luck with small pairs, always seen the flop =)

Gabinho12345

Gabinho12345

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Call, and if you don't hit three on the flop you can easily get away from your hand.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
with 33 I I will only cheq or pay a 1BB rise. You will get many more chances

ahead . Fold no question! :deal:

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nothing wrong with a fold or call in this spot, but you don't want to play 33 out of position in a multi pot... if you don't land a set is pretty much a fold.

V

vassiriki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Deep in tournament micro level tournament.. bubble is still away. You have 20bb stack. Blinds 500/250On BB you get pocket 3
UTG 2 raises 1500.. he have stack of 15BB Ann tight player
Guy next to him call.. he have 50bb stack an chip leader and become loose..
small bb calls he have 15bb stack.. and Tight player.

You are on Big blind with pocket 3 3 do you call.?

definite call for the odds and also possible customers if you hit your hand. if you don't hit the set on the flop just fold. their tightness is also good if you hit your hand!

gardin555

gardin555

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I fold that hand, the rise in UTG and the call of the leaderchips, maybe both of them have a pair.
The flop will be complicated if there is a 3, because maybe is a 3 and a 10 and the UTG have pair of 10 in his hand ( the biggest set) and you will play all the chips defending your set.
I think it is a low pair to risk all the chips in a hand of a tournament, having a good stack and at that time the tournament..

protuva35

protuva35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In order to call a flop, after the jib if we set was released continue to call or raise only 2 BB

Last edited:
thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Deep in tournament micro level tournament.. bubble is still away. You have 20bb stack. Blinds 500/250On BB you get pocket 3

everytime

if was a raise re raise re raise i fold

to be truthful i pretty much had this situation in a freeroll earlier and had 53 diamonds and called this to change up flopped the str8 got paid off

so if im open to a 53 im for sure open to pockets lol.

I am too aggressive but is what it is:)

Last edited:
R

Rudolf

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would fold,you got 20BB wait for better hand

H

Hello_how are you

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, you should call. You're getting 6:1 pot odds and on top of that you have great implied odds if you hit a set. Also don't worry about a set over set situation. It will happen only once every hundred times.

ahil5000

ahil5000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

I think better fold ( for see flop to set not enoght steck, need 1/20 call for steck), play with 3 players, no positions it so lose ... so fold save more chips (and if u call and fold u lost 3 bb, stay 12bb it so small steck for this tournamets)

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would fold in this spot

Reven420

Reven420

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold myself. Too many people in the hand. Even if you hit the set you run to much risk of set over set. If you did hit your set being out of position then what? You would bet and might win. That many people you have a huge risk of being re-raised and then you will have a very hard decision most likely for your whole stack. If you miss the flop you would be forced to check fold to any bet and be that much closer to a dangerously short stack. Fold and let them hack it out, quite possibly moving up a spot or two in payouts. This is a time where position is everything, on the button with such a good price it's an easy call, in the BB it's an easy fold.

N

NKGB13

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would fold as well. No position, no power on your pocket and you would be praying to hit that set.

if there was only one vilain, then it was a call fold in case you don't hit on flop.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Just get rid of it, find a better spot to invest. You're going to be check folding the flop 88% of the time. You still have time/money to use position.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would fold as well. No position, no power on your pocket and you would be praying to hit that set.

if there was only one vilain, then it was a call fold in case you don't hit on flop.

Honestly, it's easier to fold with less players in the pot because now if you set up there's less of a chance to get paid off.

M

Mircea Craciun

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pocket pairs deep in tournaments are strictly player dependent.

I usually don't even bother opening anything under pocket 7's in early position if my stack is under 30bb late in a mtt. I'm never open/calling so why bother losing 2 or 3 more blinds with a 10-15 bb stack?

I rarely flat in late position, too. If you're not deep enough and it's late in the tournament it's either muck or shove. Nothing else.

christiancjs

christiancjs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold, for my opinion. Fold and go to other hand...