Do you call here?? Please answer

P

Poker247

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Given you are closing the action preflop, I would probably call and set mine. If you don't hit, drop the hand. With only 20 bbs to start with going down to 17 isn't a large difference. You are going to have to make a move soon anyways (probably as soon as you get the button or cut-off with decent cards). With that many people in preflop, you are likely to get at least one caller if you hit your set, so the implied odds should be there for you...especially since you said one of the villains was very loose.

S

Snakester420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Low pairs

In a multiway pot, low pocket pairs are terrible. So you need to flop a 3 (which will happen 1/7.5 times so very rarely. If you hit a set and there are not many straight or flush draws, value bet at low stakes. Good luck.

H

Haemophile

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my view is down to how many cards i have to dodge and with a low pair i am either already beaten by a higher pair or as there are 3 other players in hand this makes a maximum of 18 cards that i have to dodge (all 3 players live x 3 outs per card. with 20BB i would be folding here with 15BB or less i would more than likely take my chances and shove pre i would never ever be calling in a spot like this it is far too risky

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would call to see flop and heat set. If we not catch set then fold even if it will be draw on flop (like A24 or 452). We had chance to take big pot when we catch our 2 outs

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
After two calls, and 2 of 3 players are tight, I fold.

G

GeorgeF1234

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to play low pairs like this by trying to see a cheap flop, if you make the set, do whatever you can to extract chips (on a dry board). If you miss, or the pre-flop raise is too high, just check-fold.

Fortunately for hands like these they're really easy to play. The same rules goes for A/K + low card suited. The only exception is if you're bb for example, and UTG raises a little too high than you'd like, but everyone else calls. You'd have great pot odds and although rare, in this situation I'd give it a go!

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would fold here to be honest but im not 100% sure if that's right thing to do

wc2hell

wc2hell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I call, you can hit the tree and you dont need to put alot of chips on the pot.

andyt5303

andyt5303

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd fold personally. With UTG raising 3 blinds with only 15 blinds i'd be quite suspicious about how strong his hand is. Especially with SB calling also, easy fold

R

RJDGoD17

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Price is good but I am still folding. Tight Raiser into players giving action makes me think I need to hit the set and even that might not give me the best hand depending on the board. I fold and look for a better spot.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
think with 20 bbs you drop it like a hot horseshoe

S

Streethawk71

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm with the folders here.
Tight player raises UTG whilst I'm holding a low pocket...
A minimum 25% of the time I reckon I'm behind, and against 2 players that's about 50%.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're not deep enough chips wise to go set mining at this point in the tournament. Even if it's not a turbo, you want to save those extra blinds for a good shove spot where you have more fold equity.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With those pot odds and that # of people in the hand, calling 2 more BBs to try to spike your set is fine.

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Call if one of them will default stack off with top pair type hands. Otherwise fold.

M

Mauno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not worth to put any more chips into pot.

B

Broon1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
calling 15% of your stack in a situation you likely have about 17% equity is a bad spot. You have to hit trips to have a chance to win. Fold here

gustavo2104

gustavo2104

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy fold for me, pair too low for my liking

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
HU vs. EP this is an easy fold.. (as has been mentioned his range would likely be very strong when raising in EP on a 15bb stack into this field).. BUT we're not HU vs. EP 15bb stack. We have THREE (3) other players already in the pot & we close out the action so we don't need to be concerned about getting squeezed. I would say the chance we get stacks in vs. at least one other player if we do hit our 1/8 chance for a set is very good!

Call!

Jean le Grand

Jean le Grand

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would call. It is only two extra BB. When you hit a 3 on the flop you have a stack building hand. When you don't hit a set you have to fold when another bets.

Bladepengeee

Bladepengeee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm maybe worth call 3BB with 33 i think worth see the Flop because some times the flop got little cards so maybe u will get the 3. 3

Micro Maven

Micro Maven

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy call. And it's 2 blinds, not 3, your BB is a sunk cost.

Also, the raiser being tight is part of WHY you SHOULD call. If you hit a set you want an overpair to pay you off. If it was a maniac raising and you hit a set he's just going to fold his A7s. Make him pay for not open shoving.

gjwalk

gjwalk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's quite a difference in opinion on this one. Personally I would call for a 1,000 more chips (he is the BB). You're getting 5 to one on your money and the implied odds are great. You hit a set and there's a good chance you'll triple up or more. If you don't hit on the flop, easy, it's a fold to a decent continuation bet.