Do you bluff?

Loonbat

Loonbat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you are not caught bluffing, then you are not bluffing enough.

I think it's very difficult to win without bluffing. A bluff is just a story that needs to be told well.

I love this whole quote, but particularly the bolded portion.

One quote attributed to a poker player (cannot recall who said it currently) is "in order to live, you must be willing to die" and obviously this applies to bluffing. If you have never fired 3-street as a bluff with your unimproved 87o after raising pre, you might not be bluffing enough in your game.

A big thing to consider is the poker concept of "balanced ranges" In a nutshell, your hand range for your bets should contain value combinations as well as bluff combinations. My explanation does not do the concept justice, but there are many great training sites out there which give details and a better description.

emk211

emk211

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think the question should be how often do you bluff, because I do not think it is possible to play without bluffing based on position betting, pre-flop every hand is a potential bluff, after the flop, depends how many players are in the hand and what cards got flopped and your position, also, you have to consider which players are in the hand and their style of play and if someone is on tilt, or you are on tilt.

In any case, bluffing depends on the situation. Yes, I bluff, everyone does, but I pick my spots very carefully and effective bluffs work better when you are not an aggressive player, then the bluff is respected. depending on the type of game, bubble play, cash or MTT all have different bluff aspects involved. :ciao:

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I answered this a while back. And then I started paying attention to how I play.
Yes I do bluff...when I first answered it I was thinking in the way of the HUGE bluff. Having no pair, low cards, no chance of thinking I am ahead. that I don't do.
Bluffing as in a continuation bet, I do do that from time to time. I don't however bluff all in, makes no sense.

kkuk

kkuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hi.bluff is the essence of poker.however, you need to know the measure.)

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes i do.

Sometimes you dont get decent cards or decent flops and the only way to get some chips is to bluff a hand here and there, so people never ever bluff and i find that strange.. cause bluffing is a big part of poker right? you can't just always hit everything with good cards you need some (teribble) cards to win chips aswell with bluffing them.

as is catching bluffs, when you're right when you make the call it feels good.. gives you a good boost.

H

hcuervo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
bluffing is good but very risky and if I do

heeyjean

heeyjean

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of times, it's impossible to win a tournament without bluffing some hands.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I bluff much lesser than I used to. I have understood that bluffing simply cannot be considered as a stable, reliable way of earning in poker. For that you have to stick to the theory.

D

DANGPOPS

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Can't tell you

if I answer that question it would no longer be a bluff

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The "bluff" is a poker strategy ... and as such it must be used ... the real question we should ask ourselves ... Is When to do it? ... A series of factors must be considered for a "bluff" have success...! In summary I would say YES ... of course we should use it ...!

Yes, this is a great answer.

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you bluff? Sometimes, never, often? I'm still playing my rookie season in poker, I tried it very few times, it worked every time. Maybe not a bad way to steal a hand when you are chip leader. Of course you can always make an unnecessary loss.
Great question to easily add another post. It's like asking the driver if he uses the gas pedal. Of course yes.

H

hanski4

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do but only when i have missed some draws or i have got at least some runner runner equity

J

JESSIE924

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Farol

Es sin duda una parte importante del juego. En los torneos que juego de muy bajo monto de entrada es tal vez más complicado porque se retiran pocos jugadores.

P

Pablitto

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I bluff many Times and lose 30% this kind of actions

nimburkx

nimburkx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I bluff only with future outcome perspectives as draws and at least got some pairs on the flop!

L

LAPT07

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes, the right time to bluff is when you read your opponent's game, then you can bluff and know that your opponent will not call

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never ever bluff..And that is a bluff!

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
bluff

I started bluffing less often because poker has changed lately and opponents hardly believe in your perceived strong hand anymore. Maybe in very expensive tournaments the player will still think about whether to call with his entire stack before the bubble or not. As for freerolls and micro-stakes, bluffing is not effective there today.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It is complicated to answer this question here, given that we are all potential opponents at the tables. But as a rule, I think everyone bluffs at Poker. Some more others less.

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No bluff poker is not poker. Bluffing is an integral part of the game, you need to know when to bluff and when to play tight. True, this does not always work out.

O

Orman Nelson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are constantly up against calling stations, bluffing is not good. However against most good players if you never bluff, they can steal from you whenever you don't bet and they are only going to call you when they have value.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you don’t bluff some you have zero chance of winning big tournies

zorro222_zorro222

zorro222_zorro222

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If you don't bluff, other players can take advantage of you but they would have to know you never bluff.....

S

scrappypower

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes i think bluffing is a skill and it is tons of fun