Do you bluff?

diago726

diago726

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are not bluffing you are not a true poker player being aggressive, bluffing are essential parts of poker.

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are not bluffing you are not a true poker player being aggressive, bluffing are essential parts of poker.

True. There are only two ways to win poker: have the best hand, or make your opponent fold the best hand. Bluffing is an integral part in the latter. By not bluffing, players are doing a disservice to their game.

There are plenty of profitable bluff positions, as well as semi-bluffs that can turn into profitable catches. The mistake most new players make is only making a big hero bluff on the river. Your bluffs should make sense throughout the hand. You're telling a story, and your bluffs should reflect that! :cool:

Normino

Normino

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try not too bluff but its necessary if I raised AK pre flop and only 1 person called.Than a low flop appears you kind of forced to bet since you raised; checking would give you away and make the other person bet.. That's pretty much the only scenario for me where I'd bluff.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Obvious! It is part of the game and the strength of each player!

beldin2010

beldin2010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am tempted to say no but unfortunately answer is Yes,Yes and Yes.
I think the opposite question is more relevant.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Deceit and bluff is part of the game of NL
In higher stakes it’s more important to have bluff tactic as part of the arsenal
Usually I have to get to know the players first before I bluff. Also it’s better to get HU in a 2or 3 bet preflop
The most stastifying feeling is bluffing off 3 straight streets and showing the missed 2-3 s Gotta learn to c-bet, float, semi bluff and pure bluff at the river in your repertoire

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I find it a little strange to ask / answer this question here in the chat. We are all friends. But on the green cloth we are opponents. This information is very important to be shared. lol

Liedust

Liedust

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Never!!sory thats was a bluff lololo
Regards.

S

suitedsadness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is an essential component of poker strategy, but developing the experience and understanding to identify proper bluffing spots can prove difficult for many people. Personally one of my leaks in my play is that I overbluff a little, and would probably be better off underbluffing.

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
rarely. mainly after a bunch of check check check. and if I have a hand that I know will lose a showdown in the end. then ill try stabbing the river if everyone checks.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Every player bluffs. Some more, some less, some too much, some very little. But everyone does. In life too:)

:7c4::2s4: the beer hand.:)

alex_dorda

alex_dorda

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello!

I rarely bluff!) I play at such limits that every second player calls with garbage!)))

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Almost never, when playing in micro limits, there are many recreational players, nobody leaves, they pay everything !!! I don't know, if this happens to someone else?

B

BatOneHat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluff and Position

you have to bluff and play position sometimes. First know your opponent style. I bluff on very tight players. That I know are not likely to call unless they have the nuts. But...but a general rule is ‘never bluff the fish’. It’s true, they will call and you could lose.

kara260588

kara260588

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm bluffing. But not often . Little experience, but I try to do it beautifully

Nelly404

Nelly404

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Very rarely, but always have one pair at least when do it :)

Maekz1999

Maekz1999

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not that often online, because it is taff without the mimic of the face. But sometimes and it works prtty fine I guess. But only bluff if u feel like the opponent is going for a open draw or smthn.

L

legrowsr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bluffing is a part of hold'em so yes I bluff when in the correct situation. also it's not good to play too passive and if you're just not getting the cards you might be forced to make bets representing the cards you do not have.

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bluffing is a part of hold'em so yes I bluff when in the correct situation. also it's not good to play too passive and if you're just not getting the cards you might be forced to make bets representing the cards you do not have.

Bluffing is very effective deep in tournaments, but arguably bad early on in tournaments when people are firing off rebuys. I strongly recommend playing an exploitative style if you only have one entry into a tournament. If you have a read on your opponent, however, go for it! :driver:

LitPavel

LitPavel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only bluff if I have a monster draw, and if a draw is going to be drawn, you can often take a good pot. In other cases, no.

monkey23

monkey23

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how often do you play your cards?
how often do you play your opponents' cards?

it's possible that the answer to the second question is more relevant than the answer to the first regarding bluffing.

me...I NEVER bluff... :)

Dimission

Dimission

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Focus on the other players. You can quickly see who is bluffing more often and at what time. You have to be lucky to stay at the table with that person.