Discipline in Poker

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AA and I did everything right, from the pre-flop to the river and still get taken down by K 5 off suit. I guess even when you execute correctly and push and raise at the correct time you still sometimes cannot please the force that is 'Poker'. :motz:

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I enter a tournament, I'm already mentalising that I'll have to play for 4 to 5 hours to have expressive results. So I'm getting ready to take hourly breaks, snacks and trips to the bathroom. So this helps me to keep my patience and maximum focus and concentration

kbuinowski

kbuinowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me it's hard

it's for me to play tight and trying play good with out going into bad habits. all i can say is to wish you the best of luck.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Once again the right call, the right bet and a monster hand is no match for the ultimate hilarious sense of humor that the 'poker force' has created called 'the river'! I guess sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. ....ouch :motz:

P

ps_komaklos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i should have more disciple as well. its hard if your not playing many tables at the same time..

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience!!!!!!!!! I have trouble with this. One can loose a big stack in a very few hands without patience.

D

darpblog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Reading theory and gaining a better understanding of the math helped me get rid of a lot of bad habits. Also having a realistic view of how much could I expect to win made me more patient.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to find a meditation technique. I'm finding myself on the verge of tilting every time a weak hand beats me on the river. I find that it's taking to long to cool down. Any suggestions?

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that I'm going to take a day or two off of the tables, I've been seeing some of my decisions turn out the wrong way. Going to read a couple of poker books to brush up on my strategy and gain some more insight. ...maybe. Maybe a couple of games before a short absence, maybe not sure.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Starting in a low limit freezout, I thought that I would take the night off but can't sleep and the computer was on...poker time! Wish luck

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm learning the real meaning of patience lately. It's been awhile since I've cashed and now I'm back down to 0. I'm patiently waiting on a cash.

R

ricardibreezer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience is something i struggle with online.

It's funny because online you see waaay more hands yet I'm very patient live.

Here's an example from today:

2 tabling on 6-max 01/02c on pokerstars.

Through 150 hands im dealt alot of trash and im seeing under 15% flops (im usually over 22% in 6max).

Then i get a run of hot cards. AA, KK twice and JJ. None of my preflop raises get called apart from my JJ... which gets to the flop and i win a small pot with a small continuation bet.

Needless to say i was fustrated. Around 5 hands later i pick up QQ. Once again i raise but to my surprise the tightest player at the table jams it for 180 bb (im playing with 175 bb). This is an easy fold for me, and i went to click fold.... only to have a total rush of blood to the head & i called instead. You know the rest
... i lose to the rockets.

This kind of impatience and making decisions anyway (when i know they are bad) is killing my game which i actually think is fairly solid. In this particular example i played very well with some dry cards to get up around 75 big blinds in profit at this table, only to go broke in 1 moment of madness.