CNXRegie

CNXRegie

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
I'll have to start this kind of discipline today. I've been near ITM in a lot of tournaments but never made it due to this lack of discipline in folding every time I have premium hands.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I'm not freaking out yet, but this is wort to be mentioned - little disregard (towards the short stack).

Here it is again, but what i'm thinking?! o_O

Last edited:
Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Making a disciplined fold with aces is not a bad thing.
Yes, disciplined folding is not bad at all in general…
The problem is on that flop I think you gave up too quickly.
Other people have said similar things; (the bet on the flop was small), but if i over bet or bet the flop (i invest a lot of chips only on the flop, what is left for the turn and the river, а pure shove; of course there's no telling what the turn and the river will bring, but I don't really want to know (especially in this situation), this mean that i'm all-in to the river for shure with one pair...

To be honest - I don't like this style of play. (This means you are not folding anything, аlmost, never!)
Maybe you had a read on this player that I don't but that was a bit tight of a fold there.
Yeah, the fold is tight. (I like it. I have to get used to it.)

When I first started learning about poker, one article said: Beware of check/raise! (also there was sayd:) You will have to fold a lot of good hands! (With each passing session, I am convinced of the truth of these words. It sounds like a joke, but it's not.)

In most situations, this way of playing (check/raise) means trouble; I don't like being faced with a check/raise, because I practice it too...

I don't know much about this player... especially in this situation I didn't really care. His check/raise is big enough to fold my AA's.

Yeah, i'm a tight :) (Back when I was playing in the CC league, people used to say that I looked like a nit.) :LOL:

Thanks man for stopping by for a little chat. Nice reply.

(If you missed seeing these two situations, they are not the same, but they more or less show what I'm talking about. But wait, you know very well what I'm talking about...)

Last edited:
GarotoMaroto

GarotoMaroto

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Aways,discipline is very importante,but i only fold the obvious XD
God bless

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
ednaroza

ednaroza

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
To be honest, I wouldn't have folded AA in this spot. Generally, I fold AA extremely rarely. For example, the flop was two clubs. You do not have the A of clubs. So if another club comes on the turn, I would start feeling a bit worried and maybe I might fold in certain situations. Then on the river comes another club - then I would probably fold AA relatively easy. But when you haven't seen the turn at least, on this board, I wouldn't have done the same. Plus you had the villain covered 2:1 so you are not risking your tournament live even.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you make a disciplined folding? I do... sometimes... like here (my favorite - to fold AA's):

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/625ePa08L
Its important to not get married to AA and be able to sometimes fold it postflop. But here I think, you are taking it way to far and ending up in the ditch in the other side of the road. As a general rule its almost never correct to bet the flop for value and then fold to a normal sized raise like this. When you are folding here, you are saying, that the opponent can only be raising two pair or better. Moreover given the texture of the board and the fact, they opened from early position and then called a 3-bet, its not even likely, they can have two pair. So basically you are narrowing their range down to only sets.

And while there might be some players, who only raise sets on the flop, they are few and far between. So it require a very strong read based on for instance a large HUD-sample, before you can even begin to consider folding a hand like this. Most players will either be raising some draws and/or they will be raising a hand like top pair, which you beat.

When you make a fold like this, you make it very profitable for people to bluff you, which good players can take advantage off. And even worse you will regularly become the victim of, whats called an accidental value bluff. Meaning you fold, and then the opponent proudly tables his KQ or AQ to show, that he was not bluffing. You also have position here, and you are getting a decent price. So the play here is definitely to call and see a turn. And then you can make some decisions later depending on, how the board run out, and the action. When you start the hand this deep, AA is not always a stack-off postflop. But you cant just bet-fold the flop, like you did here. You need to be more sticky than that and learn to play the turn and river.

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you make a disciplined folding? I do... sometimes... like here (my favorite - to fold AA's):

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/625ePa08L
Its important to not get married to AA and be able to sometimes fold it postflop. But here I think, you are taking it way to far and ending up in the ditch in the other side of the road. Given the texture of the board and the fact, they opened from UTG and then called a 3-bet, its not likely, they can have two pair. So when you make this fold, you are basically narrowing their range down to only sets. And while there might be some players, who only raise sets on the flop, they are few and far between. Most players will either be raising some draws and/or they will be raising a hand like top pair, which you beat.

So when you make a fold like this, you not only make it very profitable for people to bluff you, which good players can take advantage off. You will also regularly become the victim of, whats called an accidental value bluff. Meaning you fold, and then the opponent proudly tables his KQ or AQ to show, that he was not bluffing. You also have position, and you are getting a decent price. So the play here is definitely to call and see a turn. And then you can make some decisions later depending on, how the board run out, and the action. If for instance the flushdraw completes, and the opponent continue to bomb the pot, then it can be reasonable to fold. But not just to a normal size raise on the flop.

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i fold every time since nits don´t bluff without nuts.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Oh, dear!!! I'm so tilted here that i realy don't care at all!

And the few hands later is that... Ubelievable play, well done!

I'm still in tilt yet...

louuu19

louuu19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think that was a good fold he will check raise several Qx and draws so it's arguable

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I can't fold here, it's too good. :cry: (Can you imagine, this player make a cash out with quads!!!) o_O Oh, please, you ruin my day - what cinda of fish you are?!

What's wrong with thise people...

Last edited:
georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
They don't want to understand that the AK is not a pair (I myself do such a thing today and lost all stak).

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I follow Santi Torres on the Internet and he always says that the most important button for playing poker is the fold button, especially in microlimits

Folding in Poker