georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
What buy in is this? What moment of the game? I think i never fold aces on this flop lol, i don't know the details of the game, but if not is a satellite or something like that, i think you overfold lol
Lol, man, since I don't have real money - I play in play money and freerolls on CardsChat ... As for the AA fold I just didn't feel like a winner here ... eh. Painful folding right?

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Depends on the action before someone pushes All-in, Once playing K/10 Heart suited from the BB, I hit a flush on the flop, there could have been the possibility that another player had the Ace of Hearts so I made a bet 2X the blinds wanting to know where I was, 2 players called, and a club came on the Turn, so I made the same bet again both players called, The River dropped a 4th heart now I was faced with a strong possibility that someone had the Ace of Hearts, I bet out again around 4X the BB and immediately the next player shoved All-in. The other player called and I knew I was beaten so had to fold my King Flush,
The cards were turned and the player who shoved had A/K with the Ace of hearts and the other had the Queen of Hearts. So yes I knew I was beaten and made the River fold. I saved enough chips to fight back and eventually won the game but had I made that call, I would have been out of the game.
Discipline is a strong part of the game, and knowing when to fold them, goes a long way.

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Oh man I don’t think I am folding this spot in general (I am not looking at this hand as a free roll tournament but from a real money live tourney). The raise looked good, 3x that seems reasonable. You get everyone to fold except our villain calls and we now have position, bigger chip stack, and hopefully we are against a weaker player. What’s worth noting is he just calls you he doesn’t play back at you. What range of hands does this? Does KK or QQ do this? Maybe, but if we have been paying attention to his patterns and how he has been playing pots we should have a good feel for villain here. He checks flop as in general he should because you were the raiser pre flop. Your c bet is really small here. You don’t have to worry about the Q so much, but the two clubs out there and we don’t have the A of clubs I’m wanting to make a really bigger bet sizing here, put the pressure on him, don’t make it easy. You should also have a plan of what’s going to happen if he raises your c bet. It’s a great play by the villain, check raising looks strong. How often has he check raised in the past? I think my option here is to just raise back and try to get all those chips in the middle. We are just too strong here. Could have been a great fold on your part though! We will never 100% know and that’s what makes playing poker awesome! Good luck out there!

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Pre-flop never.
Flop, very rarely.
Turn and river, yes, it will depend on how the moves happen, but it is still difficult to fold with AA.

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Pre-flop never.
Flop, very rarely.
Turn and river, yes, it will depend on how the moves happen, but it is still difficult to fold with AA.
I made a thread here on the forum that I dropped AA pre-flop, because one more player was down and I won the $162 satellite ticket, so I didn't want to risk it when my birthday went all-in, and there were 2 more Shorts on the table , I knew they would fall! If I lose with AA and turn the bubble, I would be very angry, knowing that the shorts would pass!:unsure::unsure:

sidd4rt4

sidd4rt4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
with the amount of chip i surely put him in all in

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends on buy-in and situation!

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
What’s worth noting is he just calls you he doesn’t play back at you.
Yeah, that's one of the options, if he/she don't want to go all-in preflop...
What range of hands does this?
Small pockets are includet, also QQ's; KK's.
Does KK or QQ do this?
Yes, I've seen it quite a few times.
Maybe, but if we have been paying attention to his patterns and how he has been playing pots we should have a good feel for villain here.
I don't really know him well. My feeling was the opposite of good.
He checks flop as in general he should because you were the raiser pre flop.
Tipical for check/raise.
Your c bet is really small here.
And it should be small...
You don’t have to worry about the Q so much, but the two clubs out there and we don’t have the A of clubs I’m wanting to make a really bigger bet sizing here, put the pressure on him, don’t make it easy.
None of these things bother me, only the check/raise. If i make big bet here, that mean i should go all-in on the flop, turn or river. But I don't want to do this (I have just a over pair).
You should also have a plan of what’s going to happen if he raises your c bet.
Absolutly fold - that was the plan; therefore that is so small the bet (on the flop)...
It’s a great play by the villain, check raising looks strong.
~ Almost 3 1/2 more according to my bet... that's a lot. (Actually, I do that sometimes and I know what it is, or at least guess).
How often has he check raised in the past?
I don't know...
I think my option here is to just raise back and try to get all those chips in the middle.
:)
We are just too strong here.
Just over pair, no big deal.
Could have been a great fold on your part though!
That was a sick fold.
We will never 100% know and that’s what makes playing poker awesome!
For sure.
Good luck out there!
Thanks, all the best for you!

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I'm not the discipline itself today (pretty loose play - tilt), but a made this fold...

That's what I'm talking about - it's tilt... And quite a big one!!!

It continue - two in a row: I just stop, no sense to play any more... it gets worse!

Last edited:
IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I always do discipline folding, but I wouldn't in such situation unless it bubble in serious tournament.

A

Ace of Spad3s

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
NL
Chips
I wouldn't have folded those AA on that flop. You're in position and preflop agressor. What is his range? AA, KK, QQ, lower pocket pairs, AQ, KQ, QJ, suited connectors etc.

Since he called OOP you shouldn't have to worry about him having 2 pair or anything on this particular flop. The only threats you have are a set or the flush draw. If you increase that cbet, you can price him out of the draw, forcing him to either make a mistake by calling or shove. The latter shows a probable set and you can still make that fold comfortably.

If you'd ask me, you showed weakness by such a small Cbet (even though your holding is very strong) and villain noticed that. He put you in a tough spot you could have avoided by raising more postflop.

Still, hats off for being able to fold pocketrocket, that stuff is never easy but can save some serious chips.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you make a disciplined folding? I do... sometimes... like here (my favorite - to fold AA's):

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/625ePa08L
A discipline fold refers to folding when we are most likely beat that is not the case in this spot our Villain does not always have a better hand in this spot based on cards alone

We would need a read that the V is only XR sets on this board for us to fold

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
rarely would i fold AA. rethink your folds, you might win more hands.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Poker is not for the fastest. So sitting tight makes a lot of sense in poker, at times. If a person has never folded AA, they have not played much poker. One example is 4 hearts on the table, and neither of your Aces is a heart. Another example to fold aces to an all in on the river, 4567 appears on the table. Aces cannot beat a straight, much less three of a kind possibility.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally, I always go all-in, but they say it's not an advantage, it's always good to double or triple and ask for a call.

in this case, in my opinion, I would not be able to let go, I would bet everything.

What you've done is really hard.

A

Ace of Spad3s

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
NL
Chips

You played that hand way to aggressively. 3-bet against an UTG raise with A9o from the hijack would not be my standard play. If it was suited, different story. You then get 4bet by the cutoff. This is a fold right there. That shove makes you lose against a lot of hands from villains range here.

AA/KK/QQ/JJ/TT. But also AK/AQ/AJ/AT have you dominated. That shove made that hand into one big bingo. If you notice tilt like you posted before, best to just stop playing and skip poker for the day and minimize the losses.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I fold - that's amaizing!!! Literaly the first hand...

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't think this is the right solution!!! After your small bet, your opponent most likely thought you missed the flop and decided to put pressure on you!!!

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Pff... TheDDOONNKK has no discipline to fold any more... Tragically played out.

Folding in Poker