Died with Premium hands

StephanJR

StephanJR

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going to lose a lot of chips because of hands like AA, KK, QQ. How do you get involved in the game with such hands?

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel ya

I'm going to lose a lot of chips because of hands like AA, KK, QQ. How do you get involved in the game with such hands?

Been playing a while and i from my own perspective youll lose with AA 20 percent of the time. youll lose with AK vs weaker ace kickers about 30 percent of the time and AK to QJ and all other live cards 40 pecent of the time and the flips you know. AK hits the flop 30 percent of the time and Pocket pairs hit sets about 12 percent of the time. learn these types of odds and youll see why you lose with beg hands sometimes. Dont over play always be in position and control the betting. Learn which players are tight or loose as all the hands even out in the end its up to you to Know when to holdem when to fold em and when to walk away and definately learn when to run. Luck is a factor even in higher stakes dont let anyone ever tell otherwise. Grind Get out there and play no fear cause scared chips dont win.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you want to avoid such situations, then you just need to stop playing poker.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Most likely, if you analyze the statistics, you will see that your hands played preflop are in the plus.

I don’t know if it’s possible postflop with big game statistics to go deeply into a minus... Should it be a weak player or an average player can also make a strong minus in the long run? ...

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always play when I am aggressive but I can say that 90% of the time I am eliminated from the tournaments with them but I continue to play the same way because it doesn't matter to lose but to play right

gaarsiass

gaarsiass

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
it all depends on the situation at the table, I rarely fold these cards pre-flop, I try to play them as best I can. No card gives you a 100% chance of winning, you have to adjust the game to the situation on the table.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I always play when I am aggressive but I can say that 90% of the time I am eliminated from the tournaments with them but I continue to play the same way because it doesn't matter to lose but to play right

If we are talking about tournaments, then it is logical to be knocked out often with a premium hand.

AA, KK, QQ come on average 1 time in 74 hands. Sometimes this will happen more often. The probability of not losing at least once for 5 placing all-ins is approximately: 0.8 ^ 5 = 0.33 or 33%

foldeamela

foldeamela

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's true, you can lose many hands with those big cards that are preflop, for me the solution is to play aggressively to eliminate opponents before seeing the community cards

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It's part of the game. I try to do my part of giving me a chance of success by not limping with those premium hands. Nothing is more annoying than letting someone with crap cards pull some gosh awful miracle when they might have folded with a small raise ahead of them.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Having a big pocket pair does not mean, you are supposed to win every single time. Preflop you typically always raise for value with QQ-AA. Its important to not go to small, because you also want to thin the field and get some protection for your hand. If you take QQ 4-ways to a flop, you will typically only have something like 35% equity, so almost 2 out of 3 times you are going to lose. KK and AA fares better, but even AA will typically only have around 60% equity against 3 opponents.

Postflop a big pocket pair is just like any other hand, and there is no special formula for playing it. It all depend on the board texture, stack sizes, action and the number of opponents. KK on KT5 rainbow is the nuts, but AA on QQ7 or QQ on A74 can easily be beat, and you should typically not put a ton of chips in the pot. In the latter two situations your hand was great preflop, but now many other hands have moved ahead of it, and you need to adjust accordingly.

Even an overpair is not always an automatic stackoff, if stacks are deep. There are certainly spots, where its appropriate to fold AA or KK on a board like QJ825, if for instance the opponent call flop, check-raise turn and jam river. These are just some examples, which I hope can help. The main thing is to understand, you are not mathematically supposed to always win with QQ-AA and get rid of that feeling of entitlement :)

pitoplay

pitoplay

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
under 20 bb mostly pre flop jam and over 20 bb hide as limp

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

It's never fun when you lose with a premium hand - I lost with KK vs AA and QQ vs AA twice just this weekend all late in tournaments, with effective stacks less than 20BB's, the chips went in pre-flop. There really is nothing you can do in these situations, you're just destined to go broke.

The question is how are you losing with these hands? Are you getting it all in pre-flop in a cooler, or getting outdrawn? Don't worry about it! You want to be in these situations. If you're jamming the last of your chips in with a pair of Aces on the river that just completed all the straight and flush draws you need to review these spots and adjust your play.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands