$$$ December SnG thread $$$

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You might try using this chart. Just play push or fold when you got about 15BBs or less and start using the chart to push. You might call a little tighter if you think the villian is pushing tighter.

Just started playing stts this week, off to a good start but need serious work on my no limit hu game. Just had even stacks or chiplead heads up in three stts simultaneously and lost all three.

Always been a weakness but now its magnified by the one table. Use to partially compensate for poor hu play by consistently laddering up final tables instead of playing for the win earlier on since I'd just blow it hu anyway. :rolleyes:

Probably were some good videos at deuces cracked I could've watched when I had a free week, but couldn't get anything to load for some reason. :s:

Attachments

• pf.JPG
    pf.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 84
Errant Dog

Errant Dog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very proud of myself. Played 12 hrs. (11am-11pm), which is my longest session ever. Ran terrible at the beginning of the day, but I just grinded through it, and ended up nearly+30 buyins.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Played a $1 deep stack come 9th .... which ant too bad....

Kid... the next deep stack is $5.50 and thats where there stop....
Well till i get my roll up there, i will stick to the lower games..:smile:

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You might try using this chart. Just play push or fold when you got about 15BBs or less and start using the chart to push. You might call a little tighter if you think the villian is pushing tighter.

Thanks for the charts, I'll study them for a basis. I do try to turn it into a push/fold match, but if I get to hu when the blinds are still relatively low, I'm lost with 30bb stacks. Maybe I can just stall until the blinds move up. ;)

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yeah!! I'm doing better now, i got 2nd place in a 2.25 SNG, for 5.40..

N

nicoiko

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like I just need to complain here to have a good day the day after :eek::p
Played 2 8-table sessions :
first one got 1 1st and 1 3rd for a minor negative amount
second one got 4 1st and 1 3rd for a massive positive 10 buy-ins profit

So my ROI is now back on the + side which is nice :)

I have also the confirmation that I'm doing much better in HU by becoming a bit more aggressive preflop.
Still I have to work on bubble time as I finished 4th or 5th a massive 38% of the time overall... No good ! :D

Hoping to get promoted to a much better ROI once this is fixed (if Lady Variance could just keep her arms everywhere else than around me :))

gallopingael

gallopingael

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the charts, I'll study them for a basis. I do try to turn it into a push/fold match, but if I get to hu when the blinds are still relatively low, I'm lost with 30bb stacks. Maybe I can just stall until the blinds move up. ;)

What type of games are you playing that it's still deep when you get to HU?

One option would be to take some of your BR and play some non-turbo HU matches. Nothing like getting actual experience at some deeper stacked HU play. :D

sharkyo01

sharkyo01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

You ever looked at David Sklansky and Mason Malmuth grouping of hands? Its worth a look at!!

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well for the first time in 20 games, with over 500 hands, i start seeing PP left and right, i even had AA right after KK.... My Aces did not get ran over, with JJ.
Now if i can get some good placings. I want to build my BR so much..
Oh shark, i still have to read them ebooks, i may do so this weekend..

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You ever looked at David Sklansky and Mason Malmuth grouping of hands? Its worth a look at!!

I'm pretty sure those are ranked based on how well they extract money after the flop. The nash hands are based how well they do all in.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Finally able to play 2 sets of games tonight. The $10 tables seemed to be easier than the $5 ones. 57% ITM and 57% ROI. Hope to get a few more sets in this weekend as I only have a few more days on my FTP holiday bonus.

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^ VN Jilly.

I haven't played any sng's yet this month. My online poker playing has changed considerably this past month and I am without my normal puter that HEM on it. How I miss it.

I am planning on playing this Sunday though, any recommendations for sng's on Sundays? Any in the $5-$11 range that seem particularly better than others? Or 45 man vs 180's that seem better?

I normally play cash and mtt's on the weekends, rarely have I played sngs. Just wondering if they are any better on the weekends like the cash games are.

sharkyo01

sharkyo01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just got 3rd in a 45 player 1.10 for 7.20... So I'm happy and well chipped in my 1.10 Double stack :D

Also Note Cardplayer52...

I use them grouping for allins... Since my mate (Cmurray) uses a HUD which says about if you less then 8-10 x BB you push with group 4 and above etc... as you get less BB's lower the grouping...

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I did 2nd again in a 2.25, for 5.40.
I had to play shove fold poker for a bit.
Blinds got to be 250/500....

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tonight's sets didn't go too well. Only 2 2nd and 1 3rd
Bubbled 3 games with the following
AA<JT river flush after I had flopped a set
KJ<QJ river Q
AQ<A9 river 9

Did clear more of the bonus though.

sharkyo01

sharkyo01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just played 2 single table games... Cashed in both ... 2nd and 3rd... Not to bad i guess...

Going to play some more in a bit... Got the school run tho :p

Smotpoker

Smotpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did I play this hand wrong or just get unlucky? ( I am short_bus4)

Based on his first PF raise to 135 I didn't put him on 10's or better. I knew the best he would have is a couple high cards, and with the flop all low cards I knew I was going to be up against a set of 7's maybe (but doubtful) or AK/KQ type of hand. Seemed like a good call to me, but maybe I should have laid it down to his all-in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Smot - please post the hand history or use a converter rather than a link that requires visiting another site to view it.

Thanks!

Smotpoker

Smotpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We need to figure out how to embed those buff.com clips!

And my apologies, I think I remember reading that rule in the past but I ignored it :(

gallopingael

gallopingael

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did I play this hand wrong or just get unlucky? ( I am short_bus4)

No reason it can't be both. :p

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 1.2 Tournament, 15/30 Blinds (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO (t1290)
Hero (Button) (t1455)
SB (t1470)
BB (t1500)
UTG (t1500)
UTG+1 (t1770)
MP1 (t1500)
MP2 (t1515)
MP3 (t1500)

Hero's M: 32.33

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9
spade.gif
, 9
heart.gif

2 folds, MP1 calls t30, 1 fold, MP3 bets t135, CO calls t135, Hero raises to t615, 3 folds, MP3 calls t480, 1 fold

Flop: (t1440) 7
diamond.gif
, 3
diamond.gif
, 3
spade.gif
(2 players)
MP3 bets t885 (All-In), Hero calls t840 (All-In)

Turn: (t3120) 4
heart.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t3120) Q
club.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t3120

Couple of observations:

1) Contrary to popular belief, the pot button is NOT always your friend. You can usually make a smaller than pot size raise/reraise and accomplish the same thing.
2) Reraising with 9's here is a pretty horrible play. I need him to be folding to that reraise a large percentage of the time to really make this profitable.
3) You really can't eliminate TT+ from his range unless you have prior experience with him. He's raising with KQo. Do you really think he isn't raising with better hands too?

With the inflated pot calling the flop shove is fine (you are getting almost 3-1 odds), but not inflating the pot makes it easier to get away from if you need to is a better play. I'd flat call for set value and reevaluate on the flop.

Last edited:
Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Eh if you get HU with 30bb effective stacks it's awesome (as long as you know what you're doing) because obviously your edge is greater than in an 8bb shoveathon.

Stay tight for a few hands, take note of how often your opponent raises pre. Obviously if he doesn't raise in a dozen hands don't go crazy with your K7o when he finally does raise, but similarly if he raises every button you clearly can come back over the top very wide (heck if you're >30bb deep you maybe have rereraise fold equity and similarly can reraise and fold yourself if he comes back over the top too).

Basically, even 30bb deep, you still shouldn't be seeing many flops. Not saying it's never right to cold call or limp pre, but you shouldn't be doing it often unless your opponent is solid pre but really awful postflop or something.

The golden rule is remember that while you may be uncomfortable HU and deep, your opponent is probably more uncomfortable, otherwise he invariably wouldn't be playing 9-man+ SNGs.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't wait til our re-match Dorkus - I just need another month or so and I will be ready!

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Eh if you get HU with 30bb effective stacks it's awesome (as long as you know what you're doing) because obviously your edge is greater than in an 8bb shoveathon.

Stay tight for a few hands, take note of how often your opponent raises pre. Obviously if he doesn't raise in a dozen hands don't go crazy with your K7o when he finally does raise, but similarly if he raises every button you clearly can come back over the top very wide (heck if you're >30bb deep you maybe have rereraise fold equity and similarly can reraise and fold yourself if he comes back over the top too).

Basically, even 30bb deep, you still shouldn't be seeing many flops. Not saying it's never right to cold call or limp pre, but you shouldn't be doing it often unless your opponent is solid pre but really awful postflop or something.

The golden rule is remember that while you may be uncomfortable HU and deep, your opponent is probably more uncomfortable, otherwise he invariably wouldn't be playing 9-man+ SNGs.
Thanks Dorkus, even tho it was for D'wilius... :)

I can't wait til our re-match Dorkus - I just need another month or so and I will be ready!
Hummmm why???

sharkyo01

sharkyo01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just a 3rd in a 90 seater $1.10 double stack!