$$$ December SnG thread $$$

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sitting here thinking if i say Iam gonna give up MTT's totally id probably be lying.. I dont think i can personally stop playing them alltogether but will defenitely try not to so much...Just a random thought..four Sitngos in I got 1st/3rd/5th/6th.. Pretty terrible eh?... Ill keep grinding

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm always better as a short stack... I seem to push in good places... If I'm well stacked i normally fold too much...
Got short stacked, well playing great hands, but made a comeback from behind.
To give a quick run down, i was at 600 chips, with the blinds going up to 100/50. 2 hands was all it took, to get back in it..

my goal for dec is to make sure you all will achieve all your goals by
giving my chips to you if we ever come accross on the tables... gl!!!
LOL, If you see me on a table it would be best not to play me.

Sitting here thinking if i say Iam gonna give up MTT's totally id probably be lying.. I dont think i can personally stop playing them alltogether but will defenitely try not to so much...Just a random thought..four Sitngos in I got 1st/3rd/5th/6th.. Pretty terrible eh?... Ill keep grinding
yeah that's bad, but not to bad. I would say to re-watch Trigs SNG video.
If you want some pointers, witch could help just say so, ok..

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just did a brief experiment with four-tabling... and the results were pretty average. Think I'll be sticking to three for a little while longer, my decision making definitely suffered :p

sharkyo01

sharkyo01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I'm getting there with my BR on FT so I'm happy... May do some work on PS tomorrow...

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
December has not started off well for me - but it is early days so I will hang in there...

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have not played a SNG for the month yet. Probably going to try and play 150 super turbos tomorrow. If I 16 table, I think it should only take about 2 to 3 hours.

Now I just have to decide if I want to pay the 7.50$ or 15$ games.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For those of you who have not seen it yet:

[old link~tb]

Last edited by a moderator:
gallopingael

gallopingael

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just did a brief experiment with four-tabling... and the results were pretty average. Think I'll be sticking to three for a little while longer, my decision making definitely suffered :p

It gets much easier as the decisions become more automatic (for you). You'll know it's time to add more tables when your mind is balancing your check book while playing and you're crushing the level you're at.

Last edited:
OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LOL - yeah that's pretty much why I took a shot at it, I was three-tabling, winning and happily posting on here or reading blogs all at the same time. I'll keep working at it.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL - yeah that's pretty much why I took a shot at it, I was three-tabling, winning and happily posting on here or reading blogs all at the same time. I'll keep working at it.

I heard this tip you might try it. open a 4th table but just watch it and take notes while playing you normal 3 tables. When this becomes easy add the 4th table.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll give that bash, cheers :)

ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Doin WKD in the full ring NL5. I tilted 3days ago n went from $102.50 to $62.75 :(
But now im better and im bk up to $113.50 :D Soon i'll b rolled for NL10.

Dakota-xx do u do MTT coaching? My tourney game sucks lol. PM me if u wanna chat bout it.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Doin WKD in the full ring NL5. I tilted 3days ago n went from $102.50 to $62.75 :(
But now im better and im bk up to $113.50 :D Soon i'll b rolled for NL10.

Dakota-xx do u do MTT coaching? My tourney game sucks lol. PM me if u wanna chat bout it.

I am nowhere near qualified for that. :)

gallopingael

gallopingael

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I heard this tip you might try it. open a 4th table but just watch it and take notes while playing you normal 3 tables. When this becomes easy add the 4th table.

I had just heard this one from one of the coaches at Stox Poker. I thought it was an excellent idea.

T

TheWall

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok so after much deliberation I realized at the micro level I'll never be able to stick with just one aspect of my game, because the amounts being so small I get bored.

So, It looks like in addition to 10NL and as many tournaments as I can get involved in, I will be playing $5.50 SNGs. After becoming frustrated with the intense variance of the $3.40 18 man turbos, I decided the nonturbo variant would grant my stronger play more of an edge.

From what I know about BRM I should have at least 20 buy ins to get into any SNG, but I would like to have at least 25 before I make the jump to $10 SNGs.

So my Goal for December is to progress out of the $5 SNGs into the $10. I will hopefully be posting in this thread regularly. One concern I do have with being an SNG player is how set the strategy seems to be at the upper level, with all of the optimal pushing information available, so I'm unsure if I will want to progress much higher then $10, perhaps when I get that big a roll I can play mostly $.10/.25 =).

Errant Dog

Errant Dog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Started 8-tabling last night. I was getting way to bored with 5, and 8 seemed to really keep me focused. I'll probably stick with 8.

gallopingael

gallopingael

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Started 8-tabling last night. I was getting way to bored with 5, and 8 seemed to really keep me focused. I'll probably stick with 8.

Really want to blow your mind?

I had a student that was 40 tabling the DoN's.

I'll grant you it's easier to multi-table those compared to a standard SnG, but still...

Errant Dog

Errant Dog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really want to blow your mind?

I had a student that was 40 tabling the DoN's.

I'll grant you it's easier to multi-table those compared to a standard SnG, but still...

lol. what was his/her roi for the session? I imagine in the future I'll play 16-20 tables, but I'm going to work my way up.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had just heard this one from one of the coaches at Stox Poker. I thought it was an excellent idea.

That's were I hear it too. But was thinking you probably should try to find a player multitabling and go to another one of their tables. That way you can get a better read on them while playing them at your table too.

gallopingael

gallopingael

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol. what was his/her roi for the session? I imagine in the future I'll play 16-20 tables, but I'm going to work my way up.

Not as good as when he was 32 tabling. :D

He bounced around a lot in the number of tables he'd play depending on the time of day and how he was feeling.

K

KaiZaN

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Play at least 700 games
Break out of winners tilt (I seem to play like 20 games and if i'm up i'll quit - need to stop doing this)
Get rolled for the 11's (nearly there but want 100 buy ins)
Build a roll on stars
Get invoved more here in the Forum's
Keep enjoying poker :)

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play at least 700 games
Break out of winners tilt (I seem to play like 20 games and if i'm up i'll quit - need to stop doing this)
Get rolled for the 11's (nearly there but want 100 buy ins)
Build a roll on stars
Get invoved more here in the Forum's
Keep enjoying poker :)

I love that one! We are glad to have you join us here - let me know if you need help with anything.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Off to a reasonable start - 37 $2 STTs and I'm $14.40 up.

I like that there's been a lot more wins and seconds than there have been thirds, playing too fast once the bubble broke was a leak I seemed to have developed moving from turbos to regular speed games. In other news, I probably suck at turbos now :p

There's still a bunch of leaks in my game, but at least I feel like I'm making progress :)