TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
think you need to look at the villan, how often do they fold to cbets

the other thing you can look at if you have a hud is the gap between vpip and preflop raise these large gap villans cant call as many cbets because their range is weaker

another thing to look at is the texture of the board, if the board comes Ks2h7c you know that missed most ranges- where a flop of AsKsJs hits a lot more of the villans range

rancidcarp

rancidcarp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've noticed the C bet is a major factor in CC games. And notes are great. I find most C bet with air and create a great breeze. Once the gig is up it's up if you just C bet to be C betting. It needs a purpose.

punctual

punctual

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With the right set of opponents at your table it can work very nicely. But if you are going up against lag players, it can be a very expensive strategy. But of course, if you do it only when you actually hit something you will be predictable so as always switch it up!

glenn6971

glenn6971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Position is critical in c-betting. Sometimes it is hard to c-bet out of position when you miss the flop or a scary board comes out.

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
A good spot to avoid c-betting is this: let's say you raise from MP with 77, get several callers, and see a flop like AQJ. C-betting here is just throwing chips away in most cases, when I'm in a situation like this I'm generally not putting another chip into the pot.

In dollar SnG's people tend to play fit or fold OTF more but in CC games, you do have a lot of players who will float you in position with ATC to see if you check the turn.

If you're c-betting a lot, don't check your flopped monsters (FH, nut flush) because that gives your hand away. This is absolutely the best place to c-bet the flop with your usual size bet and then you could bet small on the turn because it can make your hand look weak. Depending on the situation, this can look like you missed the flop and think the villain is floating, but you're trying pick up the pot cheap and at the same time be able to get away without too much loss if he raises you on the turn. However, if you flopped a straight and you think villain is drawing to a flush on the turn, then you had better not bet small and charge him to chase his draws instead.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars