Checkers and limpers = play more hands?

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyway I see you are an experimented player (snip)One example will not convince me because i was not convinced of the thousands of examples of the rigged thread :)

c9h13no3 an experimental player ??? :p

(I hope you meant experienced)

BB: $5.37
UTG: $9.62
MP: $5.00 (=50bb)
CO: $22.18
BTN: $10.00
Hero (SB): $10.40

MP posts a big blind ($0.10) (blep)[/QUOTE]

MP buys in for 50bb and posts BB is a very strong indication that he's a fish.

How many examples do you need swing ?

C-betting by the preflop raiser against random fish making them fold is really standard.

S

swingro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
c9h13no3 an experimental player ??? :p

(I hope you meant experienced)

BB: $5.37
UTG: $9.62
MP: $5.00 (=50bb)
CO: $22.18
BTN: $10.00
Hero (SB): $10.40

MP posts a big blind ($0.10) (blep)[/QUOTE]

MP buys in for 50bb and posts BB is a very strong indication that he's a fish.

How many examples do you need swing ?

C-betting by the preflop raiser against random fish making them fold is really standard.

So i am the only one they respond to? I consider myself a TAG player. I raise hard with AA and 2 call. I cbet they fold and i show them what i have. I do this after 15 mins , other 2 call.Flop 10 8 5 rainbow.I Cbet, one goes all in and i take his stack because he had J10s. I would had folded if i had AK.

I know what fish are but i cannot deal with them unless i w8 for the right hand to strike.

You can laugh but that is the way i see poker for now. I want to know how often you do this at a table full of limpers. Once , twice, 10 times per hour? If they call your cbet what next?

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I raise hard with AA and 2 call. I cbet they fold
Do you see how since they folded, you having AA is irrelevant?

If you raise, and your opponent has limped JT, he will flop a hand he can continue with about 40% of the time. The other 60%, you're picking up the pot IF YOU NEVER HAVE A HAND EITHER. So waiting for hands like aces is totally irrelevant, since a big chunk of your profit comes from them folding 60% of the time.

S

swingro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

If you raise, and your opponent has limped JT, he will flop a hand he can continue with about 40% of the time. The other 60%, you're picking up the pot IF YOU NEVER HAVE A HAND EITHER. So waiting for hands like aces is totally irrelevant, since a big chunk of your profit comes from them folding 60% of the time.
Exactely this was what i wanted to ask because i did not found the math behind this.
Is this percent of the time when they fold more profitable than an eventual loss when i have to cbet with nothing but one opponent fights back making me check for pot control or fold if an eventual reraise comes? Suppoze i do not cbet. Check check .. What do i do?
Every book talks about odds,players profile and how to adjust my play according to that. I did not found one that treats this chapter (raising and cbetting the flop) in a complete way and how o bluff an avalanche of limpers . Every book talks about taking decisions after you see the board according to pott odds so on the long run you can make profit.

I searched Google but i did not found the exact math.

LOL the first site in the Google search list "limpers how do you deal with them" is cardschat :D

Last edited:
bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
don't need math because you make up for the failed cbets when:

a) they fold
b) you hit it hard and vbet them while they call with worse

S

swingro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Yeah it works. But i am not confortable with it. Still i managed to steal 5 dollars in one hour
Managed to get lucky pressing the wrong button once crashing aces with JT suited after cbetting a guy who was trapping me, gaining 12 dollars :D Guy called me an idiot but i do not care:) He's the donk cose he limped aces.
Ps . Is verry hard to keep track of the profiles when multitabling.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah it works. But i am not confortable with it. Still i managed to steal 5 dollars in one hour
Managed to get lucky pressing the wrong button once crashing aces with JT suited after cbetting a guy who was trapping me, gaining 12 dollars :D Guy called me an idiot but i do not care:) He's the donk cose he limped aces.
Ps . Is verry hard to keep track of the profiles when multitabling.
Ever heard of Pt3 or HEM?

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Raising limpers is the correct adjustment, not limping behind them.

However, if you were to limp behind, make sure its with hands like A2s or 76, hands that make straights/flushes fairly easily. Don't be the chump that plays J7 for a limp.

Agree C9 they are telling you they are chasing weak; pre-flop is the time to make them pay too continue, on a rainbow flop I usually follow with a cbet regardless of what flops for me.:jd4:

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands