Carbon Poker Freeroll Advice

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was playing Carbon poker up until today when I realized that there was a player at my table who demonstrated that he could see my folded whole cards. In the notes field, he typed "2-7 pair?" I had just folded a 2-7 off suit and the first part of my player name is "pair" I reported it to the administrator and hopefully they will investigate in it. This site is okay if you're free rolling but after seeing that players are still finding ways to cheat, like on former site Absolute Poker, I will no longer waste my time or money on them. Only live games for me from now onhttps://www.cardschat.com/images/smilies/newomg/creep.gif!!!
No he could not see your hand! Ever think he just got lucky at guessing your hand.

M

Mursilis1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in response to essdizzle68

If you play to the river and call whether you muck your hand or show players your hand, it is easy to see the mucked cards with or without software... software just cuts out a step and makes it even easier.

This is NOT cheating. The information is in the hand histories and database software can extract that information real time.

By clicking the hand history link in the upper left corner of the game you can view the mucked cards, but software cuts this step out..

If your serious about poker use a database so you can see what hands your opponents are calling to the river with and mucking and then use the information in your strategy.

And Last if you did not play the hand to the river then he just made a guess maybe an educated guess of what you had and got lucky by guessing right. People can not see your mucked cards unless you play to the river and call on the river....

Its not cheating, poker is a game of information mgmt. Learn to manage the information available better than your opponents do and success is not far off.

I hope this clears up any confusion! gl at the tables!

Last edited:
daredeviljo

daredeviljo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well you can afford to play tight until the blinds rise and you are only down to 15-20 BBs... At this stage you must feel a lot more comfortable, and you can loosen up.

Don't be afraid to raise from the cut off or dealer button with QJ, suited connectors, A4 and other hands like these. A good raise would be x2.5 or x3... Hopefully you can double up twice before things get too intense.

Sometimes the cards are all for you and sometimes all against in freerolls, all I have to say is Goodluck and keep grinding!

M

Mursilis1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I like to add that hand reading is an important skill in poker. One way to improve this skill is by playing a simple game with in the game. Every hand you play, pay attention and try to guess what cards your opponent has and with practice you can get very good at this. One player that is very very good at this is phil helmuth. whether you like is antics at the table or not he is one of the best at hand reading...

your opponent may have been just practicing this important skill and wanted confirmation on how he did. Being asked questions about how you think or what you have/had in a hand is not uncommon in poker and pros use it as a way to prob thier opponents. Poker is a predatory game.

Once again gl sir@!

sweetlew09

sweetlew09

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fun Step 3's are the bane of my existence... I'm 0/41 now, I have 11 Fun Step tickets right now and around 10 Fun Step 2s atm wish me luck

my strategy is to sit out the first 15 minutes and then play when the blinds get high (by then you have around 800-900 left), attack the other small stacks

Last edited:
IceRedefined111

IceRedefined111

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone know why merge did away with the $200 FR. Are they all just $50 now?

Cause they added the huge freerolls at the end of the month for the people who actually play for real money on the site. You only have to play a small amount to qualify too.

IceRedefined111

IceRedefined111

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I like to add that hand reading is an important skill in poker. One way to improve this skill is by playing a simple game with in the game. Every hand you play, pay attention and try to guess what cards your opponent has and with practice you can get very good at this. One player that is very very good at this is phil helmuth. whether you like is antics at the table or not he is one of the best at hand reading...

your opponent may have been just practicing this important skill and wanted confirmation on how he did. Being asked questions about how you think or what you have/had in a hand is not uncommon in poker and pros use it as a way to prob thier opponents. Poker is a predatory game.

Once again gl sir@!

+1. Ranges. HUGE part of a good poker game.

aa88wildbill

aa88wildbill

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I was you, early in the tournament when you can look at a flop cheap, do it. Try to stay away from going allin, especially early multi player allins, and if you do go all in try to make sure you are head to head.

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Fun Step 3's are the bane of my existence... I'm 0/41 now, I have 11 Fun Step tickets right now and around 10 Fun Step 2s atm wish me luck

my strategy is to sit out the first 15 minutes and then play when the blinds get high (by then you have around 800-900 left), attack the other small stacks

Good luck with your tickets, I'm a beginner and playing these too and just wanted to mention something I've been struggling with in Step 3, which is playing not to lose instead of playing to win because now there is real money at stake. When this happens I fall into the tight-weak rut, which of course other people pick up on because a few of them are actually paying attention in Step 3 and they wind up running all over me because I'm short-stacked by then and they're not. I made a conscious effort to not play like that last night and just missed the dollar when the other guy hit a miracle card on the river for a straight over the 2 pair that I flopped. I have no idea if you're having the same issue or not but I just wanted to mention it.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I was playing Carbon poker up until today when I realized that there was a player at my table who demonstrated that he could see my folded whole cards. In the notes field, he typed "2-7 pair?" I had just folded a 2-7 off suit and the first part of my player name is "pair" I reported it to the administrator and hopefully they will investigate in it. This site is okay if you're free rolling but after seeing that players are still finding ways to cheat, like on former site Absolute Poker, I will no longer waste my time or money on them. Only live games for me from now onhttps://www.cardschat.com/images/smilies/newomg/creep.gif!!!

Why would somebody who can see the cards be playing in a beginners freeroll. Get real!
Carbon gives everybody a fair go and if you play live and don't have the skills and believe the tripe above, life on the felt for you will be unsuccessful as online.

sweetlew09

sweetlew09

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
15 step 3 tickets now, hope I can finally win that damn dollar

Attachments

• 14 tix.jpg
    14 tix.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 23
sweetlew09

sweetlew09

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dang I am on fire today already 3 wins, only played 4 tickets too.

sorry that I kinda threadjacked I'm just super excited ^^

today I've been playing pretty nitty until there were 4-5 people left, and the blinds were relatively high, and then I started being slightly more aggressive. During heads up, I raised 2x the big blind even with marginal hands and my opponents just kept folding. I think by the time there are only a few people left, they all tend to be very tight.

Attachments

• 3wins4tries.jpg
    3wins4tries.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 23
S

short stacker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the strategy has worked for me to the point where i got 20000 in chips be very aggresive in the beggining and go all in or get knocked out and then call some all ins with the small stacks and have at minimum a mediocre hand and repeat and when there is about 300-500 people left start to tighten up although im never good with the tighten up part which is probably why i lose all my chips later on haha