eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Even the pros pay more in entry fees than their tournament winnings most years. Dont feel bad!

M

mpkr10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I need some advice, I have played for 10 years, read about 20 books, played millions of hands, was a big poster on an old forum with 1000s of posts and discussions on hands / situations, put in a lot of hard work to try and improve and be a success at tournament poker. I only play micro MTT's as I mainly enjoy them, yet my graph is a continuous downhill slope with the occasional nice win and then down down down.

Name: stejens (pokerstars), if wanting to look.

Not sure what my next step should be?, probably sounds a rare case with all my research ! :(

the avg field size of mtts you play is over 4500, you have played about 4500 tournaments, this is a ridiculously small sample size for the field size of your mtts

https://www.primedope.com/tournament-variance-calculator/

EvaQueen777

EvaQueen777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ripper1UK; 38 16465 said:
Я играю только в микро-МТТ, потому что в основном они мне нравятся, но на моем графике непрерывный спуск с редкими хорошими выигрышами, а затем вниз.

Не уверен, каким должен быть мой следующий шаг? Вероятно, это редкий случай для всех моих исследований! :(
I'm not a poker master. But I can give advice. ... You need to understand your game. Answer your questions: why do I need poker? if I lose a lot of money, will it stop me? what is my hand range? You have a game. When you play, do you play YOUR game? how YOU feel? or is this game based on courses, books, tips, videos? answer these questions, you can talk further. I have not seen your play if you 72 shove all-in in the big blind for your opponent to fold or your range is minmmum A10. must watch. It's just that the problem may be this: you copied someone's crazy game that used to play, but now it does not :)

arenaci

arenaci

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I need some advice, I have played for 10 years, read about 20 books

Are the books you read theory based? Have you read Mental Game of Poker by Jared. This mental game sh*t is usually underrated. I am seeing significant improvement on my game after reading this book.

L

lucky88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mental game of poker is very good book. Also you need to find your own style in poker.

Derifish17

Derifish17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've just looked at your stats and I can see your playing all types of games and buyins maybe just stick to 1 format and buyin level until u get into a good run and keep playing the same game until you build a decent bankroll. If I was you I wouldn't play omaha or horse or other types of poker yet until you have learnt more about the game. Goodluck with your future poker

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
One of the best things I love about poker is the variable parts of the game, the players and ect. The problem with the game is the same thing. There variables are vast.

One of the things you need to remember is over 90% of players will not be winners.

I have finished 2nd in a game with 3000+ people and won tournaments with 700+ and final table quite a few with 1000+. The problem with these game is most of the money is on top. Its also the lack of realization how hard it is to get that far. If you play one tournament a day you on average will final table once every 333.33 games. Lets say this is your 334th game and so far you were down 250 buy in. Based on ARC major payout structure you make a final table and go out 9th. You get paid 22.5 but ins. Nice but with this deep run and pay out if you were down 250 buy in when this started you are still deep in the hole. 3rd place would pay you 264 buy in but after 11 months you would just be up 14 but in. Also realize getting onto the top 3 would be on average once every 1000 tournaments. FYI, 2nd pays 355.5 buy in and 1st 483 buy in. As you can see its not easy. Smaller tournaments give you better chances to get deeper and lowers the variance but does not give the big bang for the buck many players want.

Now about play. Study is great and I have read even more books than you but its not just about study but review of your play. Yes you can be unlucky over years but there can be things you do that cost you. Do you cash a lot? that is not necessarily good. Not cash enough is a problem. Cash but never get to the final table, why? I believe is was Danial Negranue who did the study on the biggest losers in thee WPT and found a guy who cashed just over 30% of the time but was one of the biggest losers in the WPT. All the cashes were min cashes. These are things you should look at and really be hard on yourself when reviewing. Many players will say they were unlucky when there aces were cracked by 72o just before making the money and final table but what they wont say is they folded for an hour all hands just to make sure they got there and when they shoved they had less than 2 BB. Playing live I have seen players show and fold Ak and QQ near the money bubble just so they can make the min cash. Review your self.

Continue your study and the results will come. Just remember its a long term game. Review your play and be critical of your self. If you are loosing at the $10.00 levels is OK to drop down to a smaller buy in level. Also remember this game is not about just winning the money, we started playing for the love of the game. If your having fun that half the battle.

SHIZIKK

SHIZIKK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started working on discipline and maintaining bankroll management, and it’s hard for me, because I want a lot and now, but this happens toko in an exceptional case, I think this is the basis of the basics, discipline, perseverance, bankroll management. Good luck.

Derifish17

Derifish17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've just looked at your stats and I can see your playing all types of games and buyins maybe just stick to 1 format and buyin level until u get into a good run and keep playing the same game until you build a decent bankroll. If I was you I wouldn't play omaha or horse or other types of poker yet until you have learnt more about the game. Goodluck with your future poker
Also if I was you I would not play MTT atm but concentrate on single table SnG play 10 then let us know how many u won ect and I recon this will help you to improve your game

A

alexaraujo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
alex

friend something you are doing wrong, it would be better you start with stg help u to level up

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Avoid putting yourself in critical situations early in the game. You have a high value in early finishes. This can be improved.

Know where you have the highest ROI and focus on it.

Decrease the screens played. And keep studying.

If you can, use HUD and get an instructor who can see some hand history and can tell you where you have gone wrong. GL