caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

I probably wouldnt call 2 all ins, especially against a tight player amongst the opponents.
This because ak is a toss up, and against 2 allins the odds against are even greater. Also never go against your gut feeling , it is allmost allways right.

O

Oxinthewater

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think of gut instinct as an intuitive grasp of concepts that I don't fully understand. My preference is to understand things deeply rather than rely too much on gut feel, which may be better than guessing but still far from optimal.

For example, when I played poker as a teenager (badly) I knew not to take as many risks around the bubble, but I didn't know exactly why or what ICM was. I just intuitively knew I was better off avoiding otherwise profitable calls.

So now I would go with my gut feel in the moment, but then always ask myself later when I had that feeling, and whether there are things I can understand better.

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is obviously gonna be a really situational, but I have def laid AKo down a few times in big spots in MTTs. While tournaments are about accumulation you can't accumulate if you have 0 chips ;). Just be prepared to be wrong and feel even worse sometimes ha ha

P

pohewa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing a 9 man sit-n-go today i had most chips 4000 and these two lower chips players one i know played really lose and figured i had him beat which i did. But the second caller was very tight have played him many times and know he had to have either QQ KK AA to call an all-in i had AKo and I told myself he has a big pocket pair most like KK's that is what i told myself. I was right he had KK's and beat me. He was than chip leader and i was taken down to 2000 chips. Do any of you struggle with calling when you got a big hand but know before you call that your beat, but still call. I have what i like to call entitlement tilt. I play really great get to be chip leader and because of my own self entitlement think i can't be beat and than lose all that i built up sometimes just before the bubble. anyone have any advice on how to deal with this kind of problem. It is my downfall every time i play. Don't seem to find much help because everyone else deals with bad beat tilt. Phil hellmuth has this problem. anyone have any advice please share it with me. thanks

I think it was the right call either way. I try to focus on either the play was the right one regardless of the outcome.

M

mollymaggie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing a 9 man sit-n-go today i had most chips 4000 and these two lower chips players one i know played really lose and figured i had him beat which i did. But the second caller was very tight have played him many times and know he had to have either QQ KK AA to call an all-in i had AKo and I told myself he has a big pocket pair most like KK's that is what i told myself. I was right he had KK's and beat me. He was than chip leader and i was taken down to 2000 chips. Do any of you struggle with calling when you got a big hand but know before you call that your beat, but still call. I have what i like to call entitlement tilt. I play really great get to be chip leader and because of my own self entitlement think i can't be beat and than lose all that i built up sometimes just before the bubble. anyone have any advice on how to deal with this kind of problem. It is my downfall every time i play. Don't seem to find much help because everyone else deals with bad beat tilt. Phil hellmuth has this problem. anyone have any advice please share it with me. thanks

Unless I have AA I stay away from going all in even with AA I'll only shove if short stacked or If I can go head to head, if more the 1 is all in I'll fold it up and live to play another hand. Too many players think AA, KK are auto winners you need to get into a mindset that's it's ok to fold even AA sometimes. You can't win money if you go bust and out of the game cause a pair of 2's took you out

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My gut is stupid. If I listened to my gut I'd be binging on beer and pizza every day and weigh 600 pounds. :eek:

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He was than chip leader and i was taken down to 2000 chips. Do any of you struggle with calling when you got a big hand but know before you call that your beat, but still call.. anyone have any advice please share it with me. thanks

I have a rule of thumb that has worked for me. If the call is boarder line math wise, and I'm not in the "red zone" (8 big blinds), then I make the fold. If you have enough chips, then you will find yourself in better spots to make money. Chips saved = chips earned to use in a better spot.

Poker Tells