Building a bankroll without depositing

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously you have to start playing freerolls. Once you have won some money, move on to low level cash games. Look upon these games as the bottom rung of your money ladder. Every time you win more money , move up the ladder. It isn't always an upward journey as sometimes you will lose and slip down. How far you slip depends upon what your Loss Limit is.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you can do it but be prepared to get frustrated. I'd build up a $25 bucks from free rolls and then start playing some low tourneys. You should also be able to beat the smallest sit and gos at that point.

M

mikey481968

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bankroll no deposite

nice post my problem is when i win from a long tournament i think i can win more in 1/2 cent cash games and end up loseing what i won what is the best idea on how to get away from it alaskabill nice pic

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think finding the best value in a tourney would be good for you, if there is a cheap tourney with a good guarantee you might want to play it. BR management was 100 buy ins last i remember. I think some players are playing tourneys with a 20 buy in roll now a days. Advice: Take notes on the other players and watch for betting patterns to exploit.

K

KGetsPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think finding the best value in a tourney would be good for you, if there is a cheap tourney with a good guarantee you might want to play it. BR management was 100 buy ins last i remember. I think some players are playing tourneys with a 20 buy in roll now a days. Advice: Take notes on the other players and watch for betting patterns to exploit.

I have to agree. This is very good advice. Make sure you are paying attention to bank role management and just focus on taking notes and exploring the weaker players at the table.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi,

My maingoal of this year with poker is to build a bankroll without making any deposit.
The thought is that is I play well, I do not need to deposit.
The idea is to start building the bankroll with freerolls, and from there on to expanse it. Do you have any tips for accomplishing this, like a bankroll management or something? For example if I have won 10$, with buyins should be reasonable to play tourneys?
Thanks in regards.

First of all gl with your challenge and I wish you the best.

Now the way to successes In these challenges, their are many ways to do It, but some are easier than others, and these are the ways I would do It, as I'm trying for the same thing.

1) Look for the "Private/Restricted" games, and Join that said "Forum" as CC holds many games, so do other forums. Now start playing In that+CC games to better your chances to build a roll.

2) Take It nice and easy, by this I mean, don't rush yourself nor should you really play without at-least building your roll up to $50.

3) Study/Learn the game/ over-all aim to Improve, this way you have a better shot with your bank-roll at actually building It.

4) Stick to one variant of the game, until you actually become good at It, and from their veer Into another variant and so forth and so on. What I mean Is (EG), you have $50 and you want to play STT's, now I would suggest to stay with STT's and the lowest level of STT's until you have 1% of the next level buy-Ins for those STT's. Now If you like cash, again same rule, play cash until you have 1% of the next levels. For MTT's It goes buy-ins rather than percentages, some say have a min of 100 Buy-ins others say up to 300, others up to 500 buys for the following level.

5) BRM/BRM/BRM

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It took me a month to go from 0.00 to 40.00 and that is being a winning live poker player. It certainly can and SHOULD be done if you are a player still learning.

You can read all you want, but the only way to really learn poker is to play poker. While I don't consider freerolls actually "poker" (just a donkey fest), every hand you play makes you a better player. Why lose your money (and you will) to learn when you can do so for free?

Learn to cash in freerolls (yes, that is a different strategy), be effective in .01/.02 nl, and you will be on your way....

T

timbos fire

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
don't think about it as money when you play... when you get on these small tables its easy to say its only ten cents... its only a little bit... but if you see it as a base value number not money it helps me be more serious with a low dollar amount

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First let me say this, I'm a grinder at micro stakes and freerolls. It's a lot harder now days for us USA players, I use to be able to play in 7 or 8 and sometimes more Forum freerolls per day.

I was able to show a $100 to $150 dollars a month including $1 and $2 SNG's. The only time I've deposited was to be able to withdraw or to qualify for some bonuses and special events.
Just hang in there and be patience.

rocknroll0

rocknroll0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

My maingoal of this year with poker is to build a bankroll without making any deposit.
The thought is that is I play well, I do not need to deposit.
The idea is to start building the bankroll with freerolls, and from there on to expanse it. Do you have any tips for accomplishing this, like a bankroll management or something? For example if I have won 10$, with buyins should be reasonable to play tourneys?
Thanks in regards.

With the bankroll at the $ 10 max that you can play it SNG of 0.10/360 man

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When i won a small amount in freerolls i start playing the 0.25 spin n gos... then if im able to increase my br to more than 4$ i start playing the 1$ KO hyper turbo with 36 players. I was able to increase my br to more than 20$, then i start playing the bigger buy-in tourneys, then i went back to 0. Darn it.
LOL!!

I

igox97

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that the best method is to play zoom games after u win some cash in freerolls. You can get good hand fast and play it in a good way without losing much becasue blinds are not high for example in 10$ tables.

N

nworsley94

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for all the advice on this thread, I've only just started playing recently using pokerstars. However, I've been playing with a $10 deposit and playing with $0.01/$0.02 blinds has kept me in profit so far. I wouldn't say I'm making any money but I'm not loosing my deposit. I'm hoping to build this up and gradually climb the stakes.

ZOOM games have been my friend so far!

Last edited:
DontAskWh

DontAskWh

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello,
Its depends of you , and your wishes , but I suggest to you to play at micro-limits ;) build a bankroll like 30$-40$ , and play MTT 1.10$ max 3.30$ , and of course you need patience, skills how to act in any hard decisiion ,and wishes to win some money.
Good luck to you.

K

KALUGAJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
I already I build a bankroll for a long time, but when you get into profit materialize term bad beat and I am again at 0. I think it's about self-discipline and patience

T

totox

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can build a bankroll all right but without deposit it takes time. Maybe a year will be enough.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is possible to build a bankroll without deposit, but it takes much muuuch more effert, than to build a bankroll with a deposit. If u are certain you wont deposit in any case - good luck. I have made my poker experience with deposits and do not regret it - the experience has been too valuable.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management