Building a bankroll from freerolls

I

IQ 34

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
besides private freerolls, the ferg freeroll is def the easiest to cash in, then grind the daily dollar satellites

sheesho

sheesho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^ I wouldn't play until you hit at least $10 before you start satellites. Don't want to play too many and hit 0. I freerolled for 2 months til i had a bankroll of $50 and the past month I've 4 tabled 2NL and occasionally played 5NL rush for a profit of $40. Patience is a virtue. In small sites like carbon, its even easier. 2 CC freerolls, 2 Private freerolls, and 1 rebuy tourney for 2nd place have gotten me $30 bucks. In about 6 hours of playing there, I have a good starting bankroll.

Misofer

Misofer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's very doable, but you need to have a proper BRM strategy even with a baby/small bankroll, otherwise you're gonna end up losing everything like it happened to me.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Has anyone ever built a bankroll off of freerolls ?
If so , How ? How long did it take ? Please give full detail . Thanks in advance.
:)
You need to find out what game you are best a playing, for it to work out just right.
I did a PLO FR and i did not know how to play PLO at the time, i placed for 4.00 to 6.00 bucks, i forgot.
This is on stars to, i built it up on DON's, some .25 and .10 SNG-MTTs it was not that long to build it up, past the 25.00 mark, maybe a month.
Ring tables i lost money on , but SNG's i could crush, DON's for a change of play.

Cheers and GL on the tables.

kevrewis

kevrewis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is very difficult because of the size of the freeroll fields. It's not even easy for a pro. for example just read chris ferguson's article where he went from 0 to $10,000 it took him almost 2 years. but it''s possible just takes alot of patience.

nitulbhatia

nitulbhatia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i feel the amount of effort that needs to be put in for freerolls is a lot and the payback is just a few dollars. Even with 20 or 30 bucks u are always liable for variance in any level of play so a small deposit of 100 bucks or 150 bucks is better than freerolling for those that can afford to make a deposit.

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Public Freerolls.......Maybe

Worth a shot, but their a crapshoot. My best finish was 5th or 6th out of 7500, it took 6-7 hours and I got 6 dollars. I got lucky, and whoever else cashes in these also get lucky. That's all public freerolls are, luck.

I must be a big luckbox then, on PDC/Carbon, admittedly over about 4 years (I've not played much the last year due to work) i won 3 x $100 freerolls, a $1k freeroll, a $2k freeroll and 2 x $50 freerolls. The key is patience and then cranking up the aggression the deeper you get. All those games had 1500 or more runners. The current prize structure on there isn't as good as it was though.

I'd build my BR by careful tourney play on there, plus i used to short cash games and try to get lucky at entirely inappropriate levels.

Since i first began there i'm up about $7k. Only busto atm because i took almost everything off a while back to spend on the kids. Not a huge gain over 4+ years but not bad for free.

P

pol_92121

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm trying to build a bankroll with freerolls only at moment because i lose all my money trying tournaments with too big buy-in for my bankroll and so that is... but is not easy because there are very much peoplothat many of us go allin every hand with every hand....so i try to become a cardschat freeroll member because i think are freerolls more similar to real money tourney...

Atticus22

Atticus22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
here are the 3 ways I built my br without depositing:

1. sold playchips
2. played freerolls
3. traded funds between sites with people I trusted

good luck

flytyerjsb

flytyerjsb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cashed on several of the free rolls but not any money amount to really say much about except in one that was a qualifier for the wsop. I came in 7th and won $50.00. Other than that I have several dollars at numerous sites but nothing over $5.00.

With the $50 that I won I lost over $30 of that playing in cash games and tournys. I have since only played that money in sngs and have buiilt it back up, but not from freerolls.

I can win $.18 cents and that type of pay out but lord it takes time although I still play as many of them as I can with a hope and a prayer.

I play my winnings in the sngs as I said and seem to be builing that br up to a decent amount.

From what I have seen of my playing, I am better at small sngs than about any other type of poker.

That one $50 win has let me start to actually build my br.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Freerolls are frustrating.I started building my bankroll that way but now make my money playing micro ring cash games.

Every freeroll I have played recently my stack has been good two thirds through then I clash with some chancer where I'm miles ahead and get run down.

The only freeroll I enjoy is the Cardschat where your opponents are good and when you are knocked out it is usually by someone who has out thought or out played you.

I suggest soon as you get a bankroll together try cash micros, stay away from aggressive players and concentrate on the tight passive players.

Good luck to the OP

FatCatBamboo

FatCatBamboo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Started playing poker 5 weeks ago - mainly freerolls to learn. I haven't finished in the money yet but I'm improving everyday and getting closer. I know it is possible to build a BR from them and I'm just waiting for my skills to gel.

M

mrmood6007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never deposited on any site, all of the money I have earned on pokerstars and FullTilt has been completely from freerolls, and I am pretty proud of that fact. They have been pretty difficult to cash in, because of course there are a bunch of donks since it's a freeroll, but at least I know I am making something out of nothing. It is a great way for beginners to learn how to get a feel for the game, and actually get something if they are successful.

serendipity

serendipity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Has anyone ever built a bankroll off of freerolls ?
If so , How ? How long did it take ? Please give full detail . Thanks in advance.
:)

I spent a little over a year freerolling bankrolls at several sites. I ended up with around $800 at the end. I also wrote a blog about it while I was doing it that still is out there to this day. If you would like to check it out, it can be found here.....

F

FatHuntresS

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
serendipity i am just amazed at your result if you dont mind sharing with me your technique,could you PM Me your MSN? i am a new member so i cant pm you..

thanks. ;)

L

LLCoolSway

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't wait to play in my first CC freeroll! I am so sick of public freerolls but I got to keep on trying. Great info in this thread for freerolling a bankroll

D

DennisC98

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play the daily freerolls on fulltilt & the country specific freerolls (canada) and of course the CardsChat freerolls that i love playing and the FullTiltPokerAcademy $5,000 FR, And i don't play the $25 private freerolls & the round 1 to qualify to the $1,000 weekly freeroll.

So Best of luck at the tables.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play the daily freerolls on fulltilt & the country specific freerolls (Canada) and of course the CardsChat freerolls that i love playing and the FullTiltPokerAcademy $5,000 FR, And i don't play the $25 private freerolls & the round 1 to qualify to the $1,000 weekly freeroll.

So Best of luck at the tables.

How do you enter the 5k ones? Never really figured it out for shit

E

engman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the key is to find private freerolls with small fields so that you can build your bankroll without spending as much time. ONce you have around 50 bucks or so, you can work your way from there. Good luck.

I

ilovepoka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
several hours before the start of the tournament Daily dollar goes super turbo freeroll ... with the initial 300 chips, where the first 200 players get tickets to the Daily Dollar, through them, you can build a bankroll

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are not as many private freerolls as there used to be. The open freerolls are tough. If you can get up $20.00 or so from the freerolls, try to play some private buyin tourneys or sit and go tables.

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah,i cashed out 380$ with no deposit at all...it took me 2 months of 2 hours per day of play(and i honestly think thats not a lot)....but now i dont have nothing(bankroll is dead):D and i try to do the same thing now ;)but now thats not that easy :/

ruth99

ruth99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are a lot of good ideas here....playing against 3000 for a top win of say $65 is a waste of time I would say...come in 40th...get 13 cents...ba humbug

pricecube

pricecube

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chris Jesus Ferguson set himself a challenge a few years ago to go from $0 to $10,000. He played freerolls and won $2 which he then put into a cash game and immediately lost it. So he carried on playing freerolls and microstakes until he could slowly build his bankroll. I think it took him 9 months to go from $0 to $100 and then another 9 months to hit his $10,000 target. He did it as a lesson to show the importance of bankroll management but it's good to know what's possible when you start with no money!

manu994

manu994

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what freerolls are you playing? 4 days to get 35 bucks from freerolls is pretty impressive...

I play freerolls with $100 prize pool, which pay more than $15 to the first prize... I always stay tight and get the top positions.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management Freeroll Passwords