Which book has helped you the most

demesquita

demesquita

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The first book I read was a "variant" of the Poker for Dumies here in brazil, so I could leanr the very basics of the game. When I got into the tables (home games) I started looking into other books and was kind of astonished that there were very little material wrote in portuguese back in the early 00's, so I had to go and find things in English.
The first book other that that previously mentioned was one a friend lend me: Harrington on Hold'Em, which I liked very much and made me go after others. The book I had more fun reading was Gus Hansen's Every Hand Revealed. Nice to see his point of view on his thought on every single hand of a tournament he won. And I really wnat to give a special shoutout to Daniel Negreanu's Power Hold'em Strategy, specially the chapter regarding small ball poker. I read lots more, of course, when I thought I would play seriously... nowadays I just play for fun, but those were great readings.

Markjduk

Markjduk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
My favourite poker book so far is The Course: Serious Hold Em Strategy for Smart Players By Ed Miller. It is based on live cash games mainly but there is plenty to take away for online players.

Highly Recommended!

Knight007

Knight007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker Books

Hi friends:smile:, Someone can recommend me some great:confused:helpful poker books.:icon_bigs.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone. I just decided to read books about texas hold em no limit tournament strategy. Please advice your best 3.
Gus hansens Aussie Millions, Doyle brunsons Super system
and the BEST is

Phill hellmuths guide to LIMIT HOLDEM.
books strategy tv none of it will give you the "enlightened " state your'e looking for.

you need to sit and theorize on your throne
to practice and repeat a strategy someone else created doesnt give you experiance for the future

only understanding do this dont do that with that is folly

No book will give you an understanding of principles like this one does

*tips hat to Phill:D

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Mendelson's, Brunson's, Sklansky's, Harrington's and many others (books and articles).

T

TriszPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I haven't fully read any books I am more into courses, read into Harrington's a bit, but what I saw was on contrary to what others state here, I DO BELIEVE that it is outdated and completely useless for today's online opponents, unless playing like freerolls or 0,5-1 dollar MTT's. Speaking of courses, I had Educapoker's upswing cash game course, fairly good but his thick accent and monotone presentation style made it kinda hard to listen to the videos for hours... Had advanced mtt course of Raise your Edge with BenCB and for me that brands course was better. ( I know its comparing apples and oranges.) If anyone is interested in talking about courses, whether cash or mtt, to discuss which one is worth it most, which one suits you to study first, how to find it economically, maybe need a discount code or other tricks, feel free to hit me up :).

T

tigervball

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Daniel Negreanu book! What the heck’s it called again?

rafcio20p

rafcio20p

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I grew up on his books, I definitely recommend it. I had 2/3 pieces, but I can't find them, they are lost somewhere.
It was a very good lesson for me!

Mendelson's, Brunson's, Sklansky's, Harrington's and many others (books and articles).

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good question

I say that because I would also like to know who reads poker books and what changes did you make because of that info. I have never read the first page in one. In my opinion, every player has their own way of playing. What works for one player may not work for another. Therefore, reading poker books, and trying to make changes because of the info you find in them could hurt your game. Now that's just my opinion. If the info you find there is helping your game, more power to you, and keep reading them. GL at the tables.

D

ddsnoops

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
“Investing for Dummies” honestly I read this in my 20’s and it changed my life

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the begining Lee Nelson Lets play poker, and Harrington books.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bible is the best book for any poker player.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have many good books but Super System (I and II) is the one that helps me much. For me it's the best.

Hello my dear! If I may, is the title the same, or is there any more information? Would you have the books in pdf to make me available?

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Books have lost their charm. Better to watch poker stims from poker stars and other streamers. Play more and analyze your game.
I disagree with your opinion, a good book has its value and the interpretation is somewhat freer according to the perception. I am not saying that video classes and streams are not valid but rather complement and reinforce

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a bunch of books I will never read again and can ship to someone media mail (if in US) if they want them, I used to want to build a huge bookshelf full of Poker books but I realize instead they really just take up space now. I won’t reference them again as I have extracted the notes I have wanted from them, I won’t however give my notes lol Plus we all extract information in our own way :)

I am not interested in trying to resell them because they are full of highlights and some markings. And really just don’t want the hassle to try and sell and ship etc

I still have many books to go through, I won’t say which is my favorite or the most useful :)

Harrington on Holdem 1+2 are def must reads, especially for tournament players.

Also, a lot of the information in the books I have read are ‘dated’ that is it is great information and tips but not particularly relevant to the way poker is played today.

I can honestly say if you take the 30 day course here and apply it with playing experience, you will really not need to read the majority of the books I went through, again this is from my perspective and experience.

Last edited:
D

drakongad

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chuck Clayton "Mastering the Mathematics of Poker"

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No book you read can help you in poker, maybe just some that are about poker and can give you some advice.

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:cool: books on child psychology, and also the stages of jean piaget

Kinganders

Kinganders

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Animal Farm George Orwell, it sums up pretty much how life works

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I disagree with your opinion, a good book has its value and the interpretation is somewhat freer according to the perception. I am not saying that video classes and streams are not valid but rather complement and reinforce
I agree with you. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I expressed mine and it did not suit you, it happens, it's okay.

X

Xyliplintyc

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
52 Tips for No-limit
Texas Hold 'em Poker.
Author : Barry Shulman, Roy Rounder
The book teaches the game of No-limit Texas Hold стиле „tight-aggressive“.
Pages : 70