Bluffing, did it help or hurt?

ruswolfhound

ruswolfhound

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The main thing is to know the style of the game and the character against the one you are trying to deceive

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to bluff only in exceptional situations, as a last resort to preserve the bank.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Think the worse the opponent the less you want to bluff them and the more you want to value bet them, and with better opponents think balancing your range becomes more important.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I bluff so I can get action with big hands. To cover my range with aggression so to say. Although rock player get as much action anyways as me.....so I'm thinking bluffing is for like level 2 players advanced.

carli

carli

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Bluff is necessary to get far in the tournament. It's a good idea to evaluate the moment when bluffing.It depends on the stage of the tournament, the position, the blinds, the flop, the opponent's perception.

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
It happens that it turns out well to deceive. But I do not use bluffing often, I play cautiously.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing is part of the game,i just wouldnt fall in love with doing at the same table for a long period of time

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is an art . Very important to be a solid player . Need to keep track of which types work well and which don't.. Too many types to get into in this reply . But try and mix it up and keep track of results.
Good luck

J

Jimboskie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is a general term. Couldn't check raise semi-bluffing on the turn be a topic as well? I guess one thing is true however - you don't want to bluff too much or too little, or you'll definitely be losing value to astute opponents.

C

clasrasmusso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I sometimes bluff, it depends on who you meet and what position and how your hand looks.

M

mjarom21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
coming from a bluffer that bluffed for the hell of it. It is a MAJOR leak in a lot of payers game. I mean to the point that I was winning a tourney and would bluff away half my stack for no reason. No I think bluffing is only worth it if you can with certainty put the opposing player on a skill level higher than most. This has to be a thinking player and not someone that snaps off any 2 just because. Also, you have to have a good range on that player. I think bluffing randoms online players only seems like it's working because we remember all the good bluffs, but soon forget all the bad ones.

C

Cashcards

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it helps, if you able to implement this

W

winston kay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing does help a lot, but one does need to know the limits..it takes practice and courage!

r_iiiichard

r_iiiichard

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't do many bluffs. I try to fit in the right moments, where the villains demonstrate weakness and the board collaborates, I think it's ideal to keep the stack volume.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
When I decide to bluff, it is usally when I am low in chips. I bet all the way through with a raise every
round and most of the time they win fold. You will not
win against a good hand or against luck.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you play enough hands you can get a sense of who is ready to give up there hands by the river and I can sense “giving up “ by the body language sometimes in live poker. Not so much online. That a+EV

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing is an important part of your game. It's something you do not want to do all the time in my book, but you want to utilize it in correct spots. For me, I try to give the initial look of being a tight player, and then springing the bluff in key spots and key position.

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing is telling a story and convincing your opponent what you have by already having an idea on what your opponent hand is, but if the story dsnt add up then you may lose more often in bluffing, its about what i think he thinks i have kinda of thing, if you tell a good story from the beginning then he may buy and the pressure you put makes it easier for him to fold:)

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing, but not for pure profit motive..

Bluffing profitably, it is an art form. If you know you are learning to bluff, start out small amounts, various situations. You will see what works out best for you, and it won't kill your bankroll.

Often, the small bluffs help to vary your game, keep you interested, and helps your table image, especially if you know you have gotten into a rut.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play microlimits. Bluffing is very rare here. About 2/20

G

gimpmaster

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the opponent, the board and how my image is, im mostly a tight player with very few bluffs, but sometimes i have to mix in a bluff.