mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I could cut and paste my answer to most of the strategy threads. It's all good advice that repeatedly mentions the context in which the bluff is taking place. As always in poker, context is everything. You should even consider sometimes (rarely) doing exactly what you know you're not supposed to do in a given situation if you can be sure your opponents know that you "never" do what you're not supposed to do there.

One of my most memorable bluffs with my friends live occurred when I bluffed out of position, on the river, against three opponents who all knew each other's play quite well. It should have had no chance to get through. I may have put a small raise in on the Turn, but I was basically calling behind the others (action every street) until the River. The River was a complete brick. I think I shoved a little over Pot, but in any case it was a big bet. The last guy to act after two hesitant folds was the strongest of the three. As he folded, he said: "you are never bluffing here".

Last edited:
wilmer907907

wilmer907907

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker greats have won respect not because of the hand they often make of huge pots in important tournaments, but because of the great ability to make rivals believe they have the best hand or at least good hands. the bluffear is one of the tasks that I must master the art to be able to consider myself a poker player with growth options

Q

Queenlimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When premeditating bluffs, which is rare, I like creating a if/then model in my mind.
On circumstance bluffing, it originates when I was playing normal and compelled to do so because the call to action is believable. I also like to do cost/benefit analysis when making the decision: how bad will it hurt my ability to win a tournament verses how will it help me.
Beware of the draw to a flush bluff, might want to get a read on your opponent first.

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I bluff a few times especially when I'm in position and when the flop helps me