To Bluff or Not to Bluff: Your Ultimate Guide to Bluffing in Poker

drejva11

drejva11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually bluff in the most of the time when I have a higher stack than the opponents. In other cases it depends of the cards and the board.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try not to bluff. I apply a bluff in cases of continued bet with a premium hand or pocket pair.

B

Badbunny

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I love bluffing whenever I can especially in the KO tables because we are 6 players and I think it is the best place to do it although I have my methods I'm not going crazy for example if I have more chips than my opponent I would not mind then pay with mediocre hands or in middle positions

mariuspoker1

mariuspoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course sometimes have to bluff if you want to be in the money or more but in the same time have to be very carefully when to do it especially if you play at tables with 9 players because ussually at least one player has good cards so he'll pay your bet. Anyway bluffing is a part of poker charm :). I remember i did few crazy bluffs which worked and also sometimes when i bluffed was a bad idea:D.

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to do it a lot but it does not work anymore because of this, therefore, as the article says, the image is very important.
I think it is very risky to do it from initial positions but I think that depending on some factors, it should also be used. a good stack allows you to do it with more confidence and also makes rivals think more therefore I think it is more effective.
I also prefer to do it at crucial moments where relaying a payment for my opponent is not as easy as in the bubble or close to the final table etc ...

S

Salavat Kozhakhmetov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
to successfully bluff, you need to carefully read the opponents, watch the game without leaving, use the software that records statistics,I believe that a lot of bluffing is impossible,someone has it,someone else is not given, I prefer not to bluff otherwise in No limit hold'em you can lose all the money at once!

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And more about Bluff. We must understand well not only our rivals at the table, but also what they think of us! This is one of the most important components for a successful bluff. I know that many members of the Cardeschata League have long been labeled "rock" for me. This is the best position for bluffing. From "Rocks" everyone expects a confident game with strong cards. Therefore, having such an image, you can always bluff even with 72o. After all, everyone thinks that you have at hand no less than a pocket pair of QQ. :D

abzdolc

abzdolc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
maybe to bluff in 1/3 of good situations for it

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I started playing poker, I played two cards with the intention of hitting the flop, in case I did not hit, I continued to bet with an intention to make the opponent fold his hand, and most of the time the fold would not happen. I am very cautious in choosing my cards, because today I am aware that for you to win in poker you need a plan and strategy. It takes a good combination of hands to win, the bluff is necessary, and for this to be realized you need to have the knowledge that your bluff can go wrong and how much stack you will invest to win a pot today before bluffing I think of many situations. A bluff can result in the tournament leaving and no one wants it, many factors should be analyzed when thinking about bluffing. More particularly today I do not usually bluff, I prefer to play the ABC of poker and wait for my opportunity to win.

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sometimes think that I have mastered it usually makes me easy in the early mtt but then it gets complicated and it is as if I lost control and although I looked so relaxed at first it seems that I only played strong hands when they were bluffs and now I do not hit anything when in fact ninca ligue and I make an easy target:captain::eek:

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I can't bluff. almost all attempts to deceive the opponent, come to an end with crash. what I read, I don't think it will help me to better use bluff tactics, that's the way my game is. of course, I will continue these workouts, maybe it will turn out in the end of it all. thanks for the allowance.

S

step055

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To my mind bluffing is what is closely connected with poker. It makes the process more interesting and more risky. But this skill must be trained a lot to give a chance to a player with bad combination. I often use bluffing in my game and it helps me to win in most cases

RedGnom

RedGnom

Run, Forester! Run!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I pretty sure that bluffing is especial individual hook in the poker which requires an exceptional experience and specific skills. It's not enough to catch suitable time/position for this action and be willing to execute it. The key aspect, as for me, is size matter. It's very useful info in this article in this regard is about common mistakes of the players who have followed up a pre-flop raise with an aggressive continuation bet after the flop is to check or bet a smaller amount after the turn. And the best place to learn, train and use your bluff is at the cash tables. Good luck!

T

Top Top

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We can not be a winning poker player if we can not make good bluff, Bluff is one of the hardest techniques to win good pots.For me in order to make good bluffs I start building my Table image with some showdowns where all players see the serious and solid play I am making this should be done during early stages when I don't really bluff at all playing my A Game but once blinds are bigger and players start to tighten up I start making some moves but never with Air unless I don't see any resistance and the board texture is in my range. I prefer Semi Bluff and I prefer bluffing on the later streets so this make me control the pot size to barrel either the turn or the river.

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This article helped me a lot pos was bluffing at the wrong time and lost forever now surely will get bluff at the right time to take the pot

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the article, never stop learning something about poker.
I think bluffing should choose the villain and the right time, there is a phrase that I really like,''Los bluffs only work against good players, against a bad player, you have to have a good mano.''

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of good info. Still trying to work in decent bluffs into my game. Still hard calling off people you are 90% sure are bluffing river shoves on you but thats for us suckers who value our MTT life

neverbluff

neverbluff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Make sure you are bluffing players who are thinking about what you might have and not just looking at the two cards in-front of them. Especially at the lower stakes, you can't represent a made straight if your opponent doesn't even realize the straight came in. In my experience, weaker opponents fold more often to flush boards, so that tends to be a good spot to practice bluffs.

voli106

voli106

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bluff

Yes you are right it is possible to bluff but not often and not at the beginning of the tournament when many players who have nothing to lose from a misunderstanding or go all-in,your article is useful especially for beginners.:D

Rosxana13

Rosxana13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very very awesome article I just learn a Lot from it I don't tend to bluff that much but I really think that the most important thing to a successful bluf is your image at the table I always try to show a tight aggressive image and has pulled out some bluffs it really is one of the hardest thing in poker know when to and how to is just the art inside the game Excellent article! :D

Rijckenborg

Rijckenborg

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don't bluff enough and I am not a good bluff detector.
I prefer to fold my garbage.
But I should bluff more when I'm near to blind out.

Leko

Leko

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to see the style of all the players at the table and bluff when you feel and when you have to, what is too bad so I say 2 or 3 bluffs are the maximum for a tournament

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bluffing is a necessary thing a poker player must learn , sometimes if u don t bluff you re going to lose . but u must know when to bluff , otherwise it can makes u lose all ur chips and u ll find urself in a tilt. i have read the article ( ultimate way to bluffing ) and i can see that it s very useful specillay about the best times to bluff ( but i don t agree with you about the 4th best time to bluff , on the bubble , yes it can help u bluff and win , but it can get you out of a tournament , that u have been playing long time for it , so it will be better not to bluff on the bubble .

T

Tatomircg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very good article. I'll certainly improve the issue of bluffing. Part I knew, but not all. Example from SB when steal high bet is recommended. My was about x5 and too short. It is similar when we use squezze poker. I like this form bluff. Very good for bluff is also floating. As for me, it is worth mentioning in article. Important, never bluff a fish, at most, you have a monster and you want him to think you're bluffing! :D

From the article, my most important bluff key, which I will also remember:
The best positions for bluffing are late, CO, BU, SB.
Raising from the blinds can also be an effective bluffing technique if players are only limping into the pot before you.
In multi-table tournaments, it's generally not a good idea to try a lot of bluffing in the early levels, when blinds are low and every player is relatively deep stacked.
Semi-bluff is better. Technically you are bluffing because you do not have a strong hand – yet – but you have a lot of potential to make a better hand.
A good rule of thumb is to take the big blind and multiply it by at least 10. If you're not willing to commit that many chips to make the bluff work, then don't try it.
A common mistake made by a lot of players who have followed up a pre-flop raise with an aggressive continuation bet after the flop is to check or bet a smaller amount after the turn. Doing either of these screams weakness and will not convince your opponent you have a strong hand. This play is appropriate when you have a good hand and want people to call or even re-raise you, but it's not a good idea when bluffing.
The groundwork for a good bluff must be laid before and after the flop by either raising or calling another player's raise. It is not necessarily critical to be the aggressor before the flop, but it is important that somebody has instituted a pre-flop raise
Post-flop is the first real opportunity to start weaving your tale, but you have to take note of the flop. Is there an ace, or did the board pair up?
When bluff ansfer: raiser before the flop?, bet after the flop and call your re-raise?, is cbet?, check/call preflop bet?
Best times to bluff:
PRE-FLOP: When you are in late position, it folds to you and the players to your left have been fairly tight.
POST-FLOP: When you are last position and it checks to you with an innocuous board (rainbow, no pair and nothing higher J+).
ON A PAIRED BOARD: If there is a low pair on the board.
ON THE BUBBLE: If you're in a multi-table tournament nearing the money bubble.
Don't be afraid if the other players find out you were bluffing. It is part of the game. If a poker player is not bluffing, then he's not really playing poker.v
DON'T TRY TO BLUFF FROM AN EARLY OR MIDDLE POSITION.
DON'T BE AFRAID TO KEEP THE PRESSURE ON IN THE LATTER ROUNDS.
DON'T GIVE UP.
DON'T TRY TO BLUFF MULTIPLE PLAYERS.
DON'T TRY TO BLUFF WHEN YOU ARE SHORT-STACKED.

Good Job CC!

now this is a long post...:)...

JBROUW

JBROUW

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Many new players poker may bluff too much, and in the wrong spots. Some may not bluff at all. But you can't always rely on having the best hand to win; sometimes you have to bluff at pots to stay alive and grow your stack. There's an old saying in poker, "If you don't get caught with your hand in the cookie jar every once in awhile, you aren't bluffing enough!"
It is a crucial skill that every good poker player must possess, and although risky, mastering the art of the bluff can take your game to the next level. Read our Ultimate Guide to Bluffing, then come back here and tell us about your take aways from the article.

Have you been bluffing too much? Not enough? When do you think is the optimal time and situation to bluff? Let's hear it!

Well to bluff need got a lot off balls, it´s hard to win but can scare the others opponents