Best ways to train/up my game?

S

SnatchNRun87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everyone I was.wondering if there is any good tips/ways to Train up abit on my game cause I seem to be folding hands I would win and calling hands I should be winning and its shifting me more often then not.
Anyone got any pointers?

Hey everyone what's a good way to buff up my game?
There any good ways to train?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hey everyone I was.wondering if there is any good tips/ways to Train up abit on my game cause I seem to be folding hands I would win and calling hands I should be winning and its shifting me more often then not.
Anyone got any pointers?
Hi! I moved this to Learning Poker, since that is a more appropriate place to ask this. :)

Have you tried our 30 Day Poker School? You can take it at your own pace (doesn't have to be 30 days). It would be a tremendous start to buffing up your game. Check out our strategy page here as well: https://www.cardschat.com/poker-strategy.php

Lots of info for you to get started with. :)

S

SnatchNRun87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks abunch I will check that out today forsure and sry I'm still new to using forms and whatnot.

ijsmile369

ijsmile369

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Recipe is simple:
1. read books and watch videos (made by professionals), as much as possible.
2. play often (I would suggest to play freerolls at first, or make a small depo and play micros with buy-in less that $0.5). Freerolls are good, but you don't feel the pain of loosing money, that's why playing real-money (I suggest to start with very small amount, as I mentioned) will force you to learn faster (not only learn how to play poker, but also how to handle tilt-moments).
3. work on bugs/mistakes (possibly you'll need a software that will record your hands during the tournaments)
4. repeat #1,#2,#3 from the list above, and you have a chance to become a good player.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that watching instructional videos and reviewing my hands with an icm tool have helped me the most.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I think our free course and our daily freerolls will help you. Our community is the best place for beginners and experienced players. Since I became a member of the CardsChat community, my results have improved significantly and my bankroll is growing every month.
Good luck.

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello friend.!

I am a beginner myself and I know about the difficulties of learning because of the variety of information.
1. View 13 lessons from pokerstars+40 lessons "Learn from professionals".
2. Choose a discipline-MTT or Cache.
3. Study bankroll management.
4. Study the charts for your game.
5. Start playing freerolls or microlemites.
6. Earn a bankroll for abi -5. ($1000).
7.Play 800 tournaments in 3 months.
8. Hire a coach to show your mistakes.
It will be enough for the first 1-2 years.)
Good luck in learning and a great game.

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Addition.!I forgot!)

9. If English is your native language, view the 30-day course from the forum.
10. Do not neglect books-D.Sklansky,D. Brunson or more modern authors(only after mastering the basic skills-because they are difficult to learn at first.)
11. Watch streams from tournaments with open cards and comments from pros and regulars.(this will give a little insight into their thoughts).

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you are beginning at poker you really need to spend about 50% studying poker and 50% playing. 90% of poker players are net losers and so will you if you don't do your homework.

Start with the 30 day poker class. Then get some books on poker or join a poker coaching site. It's going to take a while and a significant amount of effort before you can play profitably.

Top 10 Games