Best Way to Start Learning Poker?

KingKolev

KingKolev

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
Hi, I've been studying pokercoaching.com videos the last 2 months and have pokercoaching.com premium the last month. I play almost 1 free roll tourney a day, I'm making more and more deep runs, made my first final table the other day, when should i transition to maybe 1 EUR buy in tourneys, anyone gone through a similar thing or any advice and which paid tournaments to start with or do I need a win or 2 in freerolls before transitioning to real money games?

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Hi,

we also have our free 30 days poker course which is a great learning resource:

In general, it is recommended to not exceed the 1%-rule for buyins of MTTs, which means to play $1 tournaments, you'd need to have a bankroll of at least 100$.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think you should also win a couple of free tournaments, and then use this money to try to play low-stakes tournaments, for example, 0.50 cents or $1 each and try to play such inexpensive tournaments and learn from them, as well as watch videos on YouTube to learn poker

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can see playing more freeroll to get a feel of playing at the final tables. You can add micro MTT ( $1 or less) if you lose a small bankroll. I would agree basic bankroll strategy to be bankroll should be 100 times the MTT buy-in.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi, I've been studying pokercoaching.com videos the last 2 months and have pokercoaching.com premium the last month. I play almost 1 free roll tourney a day, I'm making more and more deep runs, made my first final table the other day, when should i transition to maybe 1 EUR buy in tourneys, anyone gone through a similar thing or any advice and which paid tournaments to start with or do I need a win or 2 in freerolls before transitioning to real money games?
You don't have to go to the cup with such thirst, in my opinion, you should play more freerolls, and form your bankroll, after having a lot or already having more confidence and knowledge, risks, good luck and success

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls, MTTs. Sit and gos are very good for reps. Small level cash micro levels too are good.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are studying to much and not playing enough. There is no substitute for actual experience, and you dont get that from playing freerolls. So make a deposit and start playing some regular games.

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think you must start play in real money when you win some bankroll like a 100 buyin. Good luck

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on your bankroll--if you can play 1 EUR MTT's and lose 200 of them and not have it stop you from playing in them then you should be playing in them now. Don't stop playing in freerolls that offer cash prizes like cardschat but it if you are paying for a coaching site you should be playing in buy-in MTT's the learning curve will be the same the upside better.

:unsure::geek:

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Winning the tournament means winning heads-up at the end, which is still important.
If you can win, it might be a good idea to try cash games.
However, if things don't go well, study in regular tournaments. From a low buy-in.

IPlayToWin

IPlayToWin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
MD
Chips
Hi there.
You are already in right place where you can learn Poker.
You can read the course at our community 😉. I'll read as well soon, and you can play CC tournaments.
You can check every thread here at our community here is a lot of situations, and different opinions.

lilypond

lilypond

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I would keep playing freerolls until you start to win more frequently and build up my bankroll in the process. I think it's best to not risk your own money, but start to play other games once you have earned 100x the buy-in of the games you want to play at.

In terms of which games to play, I would recommend SNGs.

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Play, play a lot, and before that, play more. At the beggining stage, you need some game experience, before that you can find some coach from videos, lessons, maybe a team, but to start, you need play

f_lampa

f_lampa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
when you win a hundred dollars, then you can already play tournaments for a dollar, this is my opinion

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I would say if you feel you're doing well try moving to small buyin games, there are no hard and fast rules, if you feel things are going well keep moving forward, if you run into problems take a step back and fix the problem👍

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The only thing I would recommend is to stick to a Strict Bankroll Strategy that works for you, and don't be in too much of a hurry to play in Cash Games, Tournament Poker is different and even if you are only playing Single Table games, getting into the money ladder in the top three places, It is a long hard slog to accrue winnings.
As MK above put it:-

I would say if you feel you're doing well try moving to small buyin games, there are no hard and fast rules, if you feel things are going well keep moving forward, if you run into problems take a step back and fix the problem.

Well said and sound Advice.