Best suited connectors

B

buster999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lmao I stopped reading after seeing this as you have no clue and need to read up on terminology before you start playing/posting again.
Sorry, I know. I Just had this book and the author would call stuff like 79o and 2 suited cards connectors.

B

buster999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure how many times I can get a bad beat by quads in one day,But this also took place yesterday on diffrent client.
Bb3

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
suited=having both cards of the same suit (there are 4 different suits. clubs, spades, hearts, and diamonds)

79o has two different suits. therefore, is not a suited connector

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wasnt talking to u?

Last edited:
B

buster999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
? I didn't say 79o is a suited connector;just a connector. Its just my way of thinking I guess.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A suited connector is a pimp in a suit.............

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All those hand histories show is that any hand can make quads.

Suited connectors have much less value in tournaments than in cash games. You just don't have odds to play them against a raise when you're playing 15-60 BBs deep.

MTTs are ruled by big pairs and big cards. Small pps and suited connectors have value in steals or resteals:

1. Small pps are good for resteals as they have good hot/cold equity vs. a calling range. Button raises and you have 22 in BB, all in.

2. Suited connectors are good for steals because they can flop decent equity and can be used to double barrel/pick up backdoor equity -- if you have 22-55 and get called on the flop you are usually drawing to 2 outs.

cardriverx

cardriverx

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
those hands you posted are bad luck. Getting it in with best FH is usually good lol

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
K2o, cause it covers both broadway and wheel and two different suits.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what would be the best suited connecters to play and how would you play it.

That is the original question in this thread. Why would you ask it again, and the answers were already given in the thread.

This thread is a bit silly in that you cant answer a question like "what suited connectors are best" because a SC is a hand you play according to position, table dynamics, relative stacks etc.

K2o, cause it covers both broadway and wheel and two different suits.

lmao. But that was a little mean.

B

buster999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play a 1 gap are 2 gap suited connector you will never have the nuts to a straight. That was the answer I think I was looking for.

B

buster999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea I don't know what im thinking. It just popped in my head at made sense. Im a Genius.

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jesus Christ this thread is a head assploder

V

vzmoney

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
connectors

I love connectors but they seem to get me comitted more than I like but if you hit your golden. But you certianly have a lot more outs if the board come out right for u.