best strategy for cardschat freerolls

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From those i played, i learned that you have to arm yourself with alot of patiance and give your best. Thats good for all tournaments not even here.
As some member here replyed its good to know what are the different phases of the tourney, cause when you get further you have to change strategies depending on your stack and the others around you. For this reason is good to watch some late game tournaments and try to figure what the others are trying to reach with their acts.
Thats my opinion, i think im in the right direction to get to the winning places. Also i will need more to do it, so ill follow this thread for replyes.

I would have to disagree with bentleyboy here. A lot of us freerollers at CC forum play for leader board points as well as padding our bankroll. I have been 1 of the most successful freerolller at CC over the years and can tell you that consistency and patience are way more valuable than playing for the win. Of course we all want to play for the win but the question is when do you change your game up. My success has come from getting past the 1st hour 95%+ of the time. In the second hour is the time to chip up. Also to note is that just getting to the FT is our main goal. Once there you focus on top 5 once there you focus on top 2. Many many short stacks on FT comeback to win. So to recap: 1. focus on getting to second hour 2. play TAG second hour 3. focus on making FT at all cost 4. focus on top 5 5. focus on top 2 ...once you get to HU it's a toss up who wins

In the absence of a thumbs up button, I would like to note these two good answers.

R

Reelmookey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
get to kno the players ad their game it ill help in the long run

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hey everyone,

i'm playing cardschat freerolls for sometime and i believe i played approx. 15 tournaments and got into the pool twice or three times i guess. still, i really got unlucky many times with the better hand but that's not the point. i believe that percentage should be better and i would like to get some insight into it. playing tight and doubling up around 3000 chips gets you somewhere but just to get into the money. however, can someone recommend a better strategy? any opinion is welcome. thanks,

The strong aggressively push the hands TO WIN MORE ABOUT HIM. The forms are to throw doubtful;)

Fratchen

Fratchen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play it like a normal tournament.
At the first setout I play only good hands.
In late stage of tournament I would bluff, too.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My advice is to take notes on the players you are playing with. Since the players in the tournament are typically the same, you should be able to recognize names at the tables. Write down some notes to take advantage of the other people's tendencies.

Oh and if that Floppy guy is at your table, just push all in and he will fold like a beach towel.

ElUsuario

ElUsuario

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My advice is, be very tight, no only in CardsChat, in all tournaments that you play

V

vassiriki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"play it like a normal tournament" doesn't simply make sense here. there are lots of stupid and retard leakers who simply don't care on their game and crack your aces, kings and what not with i don't know what. their unpredictability kills the game for me. i'm afraid of them and as i'm afraid of them i make wrong decisions. no, freerolls are not like normal tournaments because there's nothing at stake for everyone. i don't think the same players would play the same way if they played a tournament with a buy-in more than 10 dollars.

L

LalaBliss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to be aggressive and have a tiny bit of luck. Once I was playing really good and not many players left. I was first place on the rankings. But then I lost Internet connection for the rest of the day! I finished some place and won $0.60. So yea you need luck in poker....

Best of luck buddy!

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
tight agressive without bluffs, they just appearing in a clearly opportunity

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this has been posted in past is a lot of factors. First the players are genuninly better then in a normal freeroll tournament. So learn your opponents take notes or learn their styles each game you play. A lot of trappers and superior players so be care on all in bets or overbetting a lot of times you already have lost lol. Get in with best hands when can. You cannot win in the first hour:)

Deeper you get the more better the quality players are coming at you. Don't get overconfident and have some luck you will need it.

Freeroll Passwords