best strategy for cardschat freerolls

Bob McPherson

Bob McPherson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I appreciate a free buy in . . .

as much as the next person, but I think the 'freeroll mentality' calls for more dependence on luck than solid poker skills. I would take freerolls for what they are (a call to bingo players and runners), try to take advantage of the free seat, but depend on money games (even micro stakes) to truly hone legitimate poker skills. It's a whole different game when players have to put up a stake of some kind. Just my humble opinion as a student of the game.

Cheers . . .

AgentXtreme

AgentXtreme

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play most of the time so tight , but I can change my play depending on the other players

George Lewis

George Lewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They play more like small buy in tournaments than free rolls. Just a little higher level of play going on in general. It may be as much a matter of pride as it is a matter of skill. The players feel like they know each other a bit more and want to win not just toss chips around and hope to get lucky.

P

paulsmall007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's not always the case. I see people shoving all-in pre on level 1 of these freerolls, or shoving on a limped flop.

Play the 10$ freerolls on acr and it's basically a shove fest till late ref ends, it's way different in the cardschat, there is not as many really bad players

EsnneyPk

EsnneyPk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me the freeroll Cardschat are one of the best as there are a lot of good players, I have little time here but I have seen good results, playing so tight, aggressive and disciplined.
Of course there are some of these tournaments where the password is filtered and enter any number of players playing as unhinged and put us in difficult decisions, but hey this is part of a Freeroll. ;)

S

SNOOPIDAO

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
certainly not be anxious about the wrong letters and great expectations in flops good is to have concrete sure game and bet with certain measures at certain times

Kavaleits

Kavaleits

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No special strategy, same play like any other tournaments!

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
strategy for Cardschat Freerolls

My friend, is though to be ITM since members are already experience players so you must play as many hands as possible and dont let anyone bluff you out.

If you get a nice hand pay or better Tribet and keep on trying this strategy. It works for me. :D

3ccasd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the party in poker freeroll Cardchat I came across a monster hand that I have waited a long time, I was doing all in, but my AK was slaee A9 than 9 on the river. And because such a situation I did not never entered the awards at party poker.

F

fishyfishh

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People actually try in these. There is a lot in the pool for a freeroll and there are barely any players. The whole unlucky thing is very prominent in normal freerolls but this tournement has a completely normal amount of bad beats and luck.

artemykovec

artemykovec

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best strategy in Cardshat freerolls it very quietly, to wait for good hands. It is necessary to play very aggressively and to do much pre flop allins. With such game it is possible to reach prizes often.

87shorts

87shorts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cardschat freerolls are the best freerolls on pokerstars in my opinion. only bad thing for me is I got dealt aces first hand and they got cracked by tens haha. that's poker though I guess. cant wait until next Thursday to play another. thanks cardschat.

solodorec

solodorec

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in fact i think there is no differ between casual freerolls and cardschat. if you obey poker rules and you know this rules then everything in your hands =) ! Just play smart dont bluff ( a lot) and play wise.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Showing up is a good start.

I have done better when setting aside the time to be attentive through to the end.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It is very simple . Don't play AA and all big pairs at the beginning as they easily get cracked ,instead play marginal and trash hands ,k8,Q3,j7, and if sb goes all in don't be afraid he has AA or sth like that , CALL , make the donkey call and you'll be the winner on the long run , you will remember me...

ok. I'm kidding ., there is no special strategy for CC freeroll , it's a freeroll like anyone else, the only difference , with the exception of Thursday's freeroll, all others CC have few registered participants so they are easier than some freerolls with 1 or many k entries . Play tight aggressive , raise big with good hands , take notes and see who are the loose bad players that you can take advantage of and who are the good that play patiently waiting for the good hands of whom you must be cautius , be carefull how much you bet preflop postflop , have a chart ready to use when you reach final table that says which hands are playable and raisable 5 handed , 4 handed , 3 handed and heads up and good luck .

I'd look at the various posts/articles & other kinds of interesting things CC has to offer and FIGURE IT OUT... I'd be surprised if veteran members (would be stupid enough or...) would give you clues/insight on how to be beat them at freerolls on their own card forum...lol... no EASY answers HERE... If I WERE to give advice I would read "Poker Tournament Formulas 1 & 2 by Arnold Snyder and Crushing The Microstakes by Black Rain" their styles are very "unorthodox" compared to the traditional "ho-hum" Slansky/Malmuth styles (which EVERYBODY knows already)...

No offense meant to anyone... JMHO...

well , I don' t thin'k most of these are a secret. Moreover,I am not a veteran I just have four five small wins , me too:D .....

Jim Brown

Jim Brown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
one freeroll is pretty much the same as another. The level of play is not significantly different anywhere.

BentleyBoy

BentleyBoy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The strategy that you should adopt for playing the CardsChat freerolls is to play to win. If you are playing to make a minimum cash then you have got your strategy totally wrong. Why would you want to win $1 when you could win a lot more by winning the whole tourney? So you will bust out of a few games but overall you will make a better profit by playing to win. This should apply not only to CC freerolls but every game that you play.

Good luck and see you at the tables.

freeringo

freeringo

2019-20-21 League Champs
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The strategy that you should adopt for playing the CardsChat freerolls is to play to win. If you are playing to make a minimum cash then you have got your strategy totally wrong. Why would you want to win $1 when you could win a lot more by winning the whole tourney? So you will bust out of a few games but overall you will make a better profit by playing to win. This should apply not only to CC freerolls but every game that you play.

Good luck and see you at the tables.

I would have to disagree with you here. A lot of us freerollers at CC forum play for leader board points as well as padding our bankroll. I have been 1 of the most successful freerolller at CC over the years and can tell you that consistency and patience are way more valuable than playing for the win. Of course we all want to play for the win but the question is when do you change your game up. My success has come from getting past the 1st hour 95%+ of the time. In the second hour is the time to chip up. Also to note is that just getting to the FT is our main goal. Once there you focus on top 5 once there you focus on top 2. Many many short stacks on FT comeback to win. So to recap: 1. focus on getting to second hour 2. play TAG second hour 3. focus on making FT at all cost 4. focus on top 5 5. focus on top 2 ...once you get to HU it's a toss up who wins

Gabinho12345

Gabinho12345

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just play like any other tournament.

R

rule72

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Totally, i was played 2 times CC freeroll for member (15+post), and made 2 times ITM.
:/

i'm playing cardschat freerolls for sometime and i believe i played approx. 15 tournaments and got into the pool twice or three times i guess. still, i really got unlucky many times with the better hand but that's not the point.

You need a lot more tourneys before you can make a judgement on your results...say a hundred or more.

Then if you don't like your results you need to figure out if you're running bad or playing bad. This is where the real work begins, take notes on specific hands as you play so you'll know.

By the way...guessing is not allowed. ;>)

Bodomovac

Bodomovac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can tell you to play your normal game, as usuall, but with less bluffs, because it is hard to bluff on freeroll tournaments. :)

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think we have to be patient and try to survive. Then when you enter in the money the players start to play more aggressively, from this point we can try some more elaborate moves.

trippin

trippin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Isolation, don't try and play 4-way pots. Bet to get the limp off!

Freeroll Passwords