duqnuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hey everybody!

I'm looking for opinions about the top poker books relevant for today's game.

I know that there are a lot of content on the internet, such as streams, YT videos, hand reviews, etc. But I'm looking for the top poker books that are still revelant for today's online poker. (more specifically about Tournaments)

I bought several years ago the "Harrington on Hold'em - Volume 1 and 2" I like it a lot.

Do you recommend a good book about tourneys?

B

bananovsky1999

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My favorite book is "The mental game of Poker" by Jared Tendler

It isn't a book that covers the technical part of the games, but is a really good one, specially about mindset

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't know which is better, but I see many professionals saying that books are not so helpful lately, because tutorials and video lessons are more dynamic and up-to-date. I confess that I have only read one poker book, called Predator Poker.

J

jack12de

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
Hey everybody!

I'm looking for opinions about the top poker books relevant for today's game.

I know that there are a lot of content on the internet, such as streams, YT videos, hand reviews, etc. But I'm looking for the top poker books that are still revelant for today's online poker. (more specifically about Tournaments)

I bought several years ago the "Harrington on Hold'em - Volume 1 and 2" I like it a lot.

Do you recommend a good book about tourneys?
I have found in my cellar an old book from david sklansky: tournament poker for advanced players. But I don't recomend it, becouse it is far from up to date. He assumes for example fold euity that is ridiculous in todays mikrostakes. 20 years ago it Was a good book, but today not...
New books I don't know, sorry.

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone!

I am looking for opinions on the best poker books relevant to today's game.

I know there's a lot of content on the Internet, like streams, YT videos, hand reviews, etc. But I'm looking for the best poker books that are still relevant to online poker today. ( more specifically about tournaments)

Several years ago I bought the "Harrington on Hold'em - Volume 1 and 2” I really like it.

Do you recommend a good book about tournaments?
The mind in poker 1 and 2

EmptyHouse

EmptyHouse

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Probably the best mindset book ever:
The Poker Mindset - Matthew Hllger, Ian Taylor.

X

Xcalibur

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Books are as out of date as poker and tournament information. Now it's all gone to the internet and their programs

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
It's good to read poker books, but today it's much better to watch strategy videos I think.

lacroir

lacroir

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I have just read the Little Blue Book, Little Green Book and now reading the Little Gold Book by Phil Gordon.
There might be some other even more useful books out there but I liked these so much. His writing style is quite good and you can get a good idea about pot odds, implied odds, etc. Also it talks separately about Cash game and MTT (also handling its phases separately).

Tadi

Tadi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
You have started a great topic. I haven't read any of that genre, so I'll threaten recommendations in the comments.

JappsPK

JappsPK

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hey there!

If you're looking for a good book on tournament strategy, I highly recommend "The Theory of Poker" by David Sklansky. While it's not specific to tournaments, it covers fundamental concepts of poker strategy that can be applied to any game or format, including tournaments. Another great option is "Kill Everyone" by Lee Nelson, Tysen Streib, and Steven Heston, which is focused specifically on tournament strategy and covers everything from early stage play to final table dynamics. I hope this helps, happy reading and good luck at the tables!